1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4: Unresolved rules questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Brainfart. Fixed.
    I'll keep close to what IJW gave as answer, which is more generally applicable, but in either case the end result will be the same - you just need to remember that MODs are also sometimes multiplied or divided.

2. Mahtamori

inane.imp, toadchild, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  3. Mahtamori

And done. I think.

Still a lot of questions unanswered, but most of the worst offenders have been moved down to solved status. I am actually very pleased with how they solved Stealth in Fireteams!

Edit: missed one about Dodge ARO inside Hacking Area (no you may not Dodge when someone moves through your Hacking Area). Please let me know if there's others that are answered - or if some questions need to be rephrased or clarified!

#43 Mahtamori, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    inane.imp, Zewrath and Daniel Darko like this.
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

inane.imp and Zewrath like this.
  5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Any reason you've still got impetuous movement as unsolved?

Edit: found it. I do like how the FAQ has pretty much invalidated most of the wording in stealth for how it interacts with ARO and I really hope they change the PDF..

inane.imp likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Yeah, unfortunately the question regarding what kind of nonsense movement you're allowed to do as part of Impetuous remains :(

Hecaton likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

I'll add them, but I personally think the first one is solved by "reading the rules" as Interruptor allegedly put it. Edit: or at least it rules out the last option.

8. QueensGambit

That's my preferred interpretation as well, but given that the TOs of a major tournament ruled it otherwise, I think it's still unanswered.

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I feel like "as far as possible" and "as close as possible" at least narrow the range of bullshit options somewhat.

inane.imp, Sabin76 and Lawson like this.
  10. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Does it? I feel like a lot of people are reading the FAQ as meaning a return to N3 impetuous movement restrictions (more or less).

inane.imp likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Hey, cool! I missed one entry! Thanks you guys

12. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

It sort of is...
    You can freely skip the activation, but if you take it the move can get you FUBAR

RobertShepherd likes this.
  13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Answered in the FAQ, with White Noise specifically mentioned as an example.

Answered in the FAQ. You can repair STR + Unconscious, or you can repair other States.

As far as I'm aware, this is covered in the FAQ, but I'll post in the thread to ask what's not been answered.

Rules-wise they absolutely 100% can move with failed Guts Rolls. Otherwise they'd have Religious Troop. I suggested this as a fix some time ago, so it's either intended, or such a low priority to be fixed that it's effectively intended.

This appears to be answered in the linked thread.

This is equivalent to the FAQ that bans moving through walls when there is enough space, which I've added to the linked thread.

This appears to be solved in the linked thread?

14. QueensGambit

@ijw it would be very much appreciated if you could confirm what the solution is. A majority of posters in the thread concluded that cover is measured against the attacker's whole movement path due to All At Once, but the TOs of a major tournament (Old Dominion Disagreement) reached the opposite conclusion, also posted in that thread. I don't know which answer you're saying has solved the question. Can you tell us which is correct?

Hecaton and Alphz like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Thank you @ijw

I've moved the White Noise question away from the details question, but I'm currently inclined to keep the question on whether all details need to be valid. Might not even be a practically applicable question, in which case I'll remove it...

I've updated the Engineer question as it also asked if you can use command tokens when repairing. Downgraded it in severity, of course.

I'll update the reciprocal LOF question.

Moved 0-0 question and the Guard question to solved. This is as good as a confirmation as any how it works.

On the "lean out", okay then. I took the moving through narrow passages and the moving over open space as being somewhat different. Moving to solved.

On Guts, I'll move it to solved as soon as we clear up whether the LOF is all LOF of the attacking troops or just those used to make the attacks.

16. Mahtamori

I had read the answer on Stealth troopers in Fireteams wrong, as a result I have now re-activated the question on what happens when someone tries to ARO hack a trooper with Stealth and part of a group order (Fireteam, etc) that while the Stealth trooper is inside a Hacking Area.

Hopefully the answer will also provide insight into what it means to "allow ARO" for troopers outside ZoC/HA.

17. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Concerning performing Idle...

• If the user declares a Short Movement Skill or Cautious Movement within the Zone of Control of one or more enemies and stays outside their LoF, he does not grant AROs to those enemies.
    • However, if the second Short Skill of the Order is any non-Movement Skill, then those enemies can react normally in ARO.
    • If the Movement of the Trooper with Stealth ends in Silhouette contact with an enemy who had no LoF against them and declares any non-Movement Short Skill, then the enemy can only declare CC Attack, Dodge, Reset, or those Skills that can be used in Engaged State.
    You're arguing over whether the second bullet point is "perform" (that "the second skill of the order" means the second skill performed in the order) instead of the second skill declared for the order because the FAQ says:
    If several Troopers are activated at once (for example a Coordinated Order or a Fireteam) and one of them uses Stealth while outside a reactive Trooper's ZoC or Hacking Area, can the Trooper that used Stealth be chosen as the target of AROs?

Yes, but the ARO will only be considered valid if the Stealth user performs a Skill that allows AROs.​

(underlining added)?

18. Mahtamori

That is also part of the question, tbh; both whether it's correct that they wrote "performs" as opposed to "declares" (which is not an accidental distinction in the rules) and what happens if the trooper moves into the ZOC/HA, as per the thread in question.

19. Mahtamori

Fixed the LOF question and added a question regarding weapons with limited uses and increased burst.

20. QueensGambit

You have it listed as partially solved indicating that there's an unanswered question around LoF of holomask troops. What's the unanswered question?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation