1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't JSA make Public Security Section 9 lists?!?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Section9, Mar 30, 2018.

1. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I thought Pazu was former Yakuza.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Probably because they did it based on the movie.

Pazu could be from a military branch that investigates by using different covers, like trying to stop smuggle rings that move military-grade weapons and the like, thus explaining him as a cover-agent and having ties with the criminal world, and being savvy about those things.

Can't say, really... checking on wikipedia XD
    http://ghostintheshell.wikia.com/wiki/Pazu

Not enough data ^^U

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It may have been a throw-away line, but it is mentioned (I think by Batou in the manga) tha Togusa is the only non-military operative on the team.

So Pazu being former undercover military police, usually investigating things like disappearing weapons, would make good sense. Would also explain his really good knife skills. Someone under cover as a mobster would use mob weapons, not military. Particularly in Japan, where just getting caught with a firearm is apparently an automatic prison sentence. I mean, when some poor dude's car got stolen while I was in Japan, it was all over the national news, because his shotgun had been in the car!

Abrilete, ambisinister and xagroth like this.
  4. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Didn't they do "and this is how they found so and so and recruited them to section 9" episodes for all of the main group in SAC? I definitely remember one for Saitou. I'm pretty sure they also did Batou and Ishikawa, but it's been awhile since I've watched them in their entirety.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Saito's "recruitment episode" was him playing poker and telling a story where Batou, Kusanagi and Isihikawa were protecting a mininuke in a case (Batou was also de "this tow are crazy, who the heck are they?" out of the loop, fresh from the rangers "noob" XD) and he was sniping... and how she beat him in a FtF, took his eye and hand and recruited him with a single bullet XD.

I think Togusa had one somewhere (I'm just not sure if it was in the GITS manga, or in the SAC 1 series), but that was it, all the others had callbacks (Borma had some bomb squad background shown, I think, in an episode in the 2nd GIG series), and there was a whole episode devoted to both Kusanagi and her foil (Kuze, I think it was the name, the 2nd GIG competent antagonist), but that was it.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Section9

The only backstory given for Pazu in SAC was in the episode where he got impersonated by a jealous ex, along with the statement that he only sleeps with a woman one single time (implying that was the end of their relationship).

Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  7. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

However it was also told in such a way, that it was left to the viewer's interpretation of whether the story was true, or just some BS Saito was making up to keep the players at the poker table. It is implied that his sniper training allows him to keep calm and have no 'tells' if he is lying or bluffing.

Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  8. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

It is sad, that the JSA doesn't seem to have the best fit for making a section 9 themed army. Personally, I would probably use Aleph if I really wanted to make it fit. Aleph's climbing plus remotes fit the tachikomas really well. The posthuman is a good match for a post-pupeteer Major, while I think the Asura is a perfect fit for the pre-pupeteer Major. Most of the other section nine personalites and sculpts could probably be found among the Greeks. Although not a perfect match. I think Thamyris' sculpt would make a good Pazu, but I feel the profile fits Ishakawa a little better.

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Mmmmmeeeeh... It all falls apart because they are all (but for Togusa) soldiers of some kind + hackers of some kind... Ishikawa was Engineer + hacker, Kusanagi would be the Asura but changing the MSV3 for TO Camo (hac-tao style) and getting some melee (berserker or natural born warrior more likely than MA), Pazu fits nicely with Eudoros, Togusa would be Thamiris easily (big pistol, not very good at violence like the others...), Aramaki would be a S2 no-guardian Voronin or possibly a Saladin, Batou would be a Mk2 posthuman (minus Jumper) and Borma would be quite lost, since he should be an engineer HI S5... a buffed up Az'Rail engineer, maybe...
    Give Saito Teucer's profile and we are good.

The Tachikomas would be S4 Remote Presence "TAGs" with Climbing Plus, Super Jump, Baggage, and profiles of HMG or Missile Launcher... with a Tsyklon profile, maybe, and able to carry live people in Medevac... and that's if they don't go full "Bike's move value".

Very fast, very dirty... and utterly broken, they all go for Camo of some sort (normal or TO!) and Multi rifles.

10. Cypherkk

Cypherkk Member

[​IMG] ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] PROXY Mk.3 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 21)
    [​IMG] PROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] DANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] AJAX Lieutenant 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] TEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)
    [​IMG] PATROCLUS (ODD: Optical Disruptor) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 55)
    [​IMG] THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] HECTOR Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army
    Ran out of points to add tachikoma's.

Major=post human
    Ishikawa=Danavas
    Bato=Boma
    Saito=Taucer
    Pazu=Patrocles
    Togusa=Thamyris
    Boma=Hector

Lots of options to change between characters though, some would even be cheaper and would allow you to get more. As well, you could make hector LT. for strategos 1.

Section9 likes this.
  11. Section9

I'm going to have to try that sometime soon... Only problem is the low order count, I really need to find 8 or 12 points for Netrods (which are obviously old man Aramaki's influence at work :grinning: )

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  12. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

A fun mental exercise. I struggled because of course there are no perfect matches. And this is how I would do their profiles, not necessarily the models. (Although in a couple of cases, the model and the profile match)

[​IMG] ALEPH

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] Major - ASURA Lieutenant Hacker (Hacking Device Plus UPGRADE: Redrum) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
    [​IMG] Batou - AJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] Togusa - DEVA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] Saito - ATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + TinBot E (Spotter) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    [​IMG] Ishikawa - THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] Boma - ACMON Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nimbus Grenades, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] Pazu - THRASYMEDES Infiltrator (Infiltration) Submachine gun, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW . (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] Fuchikoma - DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] Aramaki - WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] Fuchikoma - ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

3.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Probably not hyper competitive, but I think it has the tools to be functional, and thematic.

Section9 likes this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Ok, I'm in:

[​IMG] ALEPH

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
    [​IMG] EUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] TEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) K1 Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] ASURA Lieutenant Hacker (Hacking Device Plus UPGRADE: Redrum) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
    [​IMG] AJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

So...

Togusa: thorakitai (the newbie!)
    Kusanagi: Asura H+ Lt (she should have Lightning, though, instead of Redrum)
    Batou: Eudoros, he fits the looks, and uses a big gun without going full support.
    Ishikawa: Phoenix, because of looks and acting from the back. It was either that or making him a Sophotect -.-
    Saito: Teucer, with the K1 sniping weapon (50% one shot one kill!), but he can be "side-upgraded" to Feuerbach, there is enough SWC and pts.
    Borma: Ajax. BIG dude with two normal guns
    Pazou: as Machaon. Deadly with a scalpel, to heal or deal :p (and because there was need to give him something XD). The other option was to make him Eudoros, but then Batou gets displaced.

And I managed 10 orders!

Abrilete and Section9 like this.
  14. Section9

Bonus points for 10 orders!

The downside for using Aleph is that most of the models are really pricey, makes it harder to reach 10 orders. Having only 7 orders is painful.

xagroth likes this.
  15. Section9

Don't know how I missed replying to this earlier. :embarrassed: (really need a :wheresmyglasses: emoji at times like these)

Yes, I agree that's the obvious Saito. I have the model, may use it to proxy for the Kempeitai MSV2.

I really miss the N2 Mercenary Company rules, where you could take models from any 3 factions at half AVA. Total AVA became AVA4, and AVA1 turned into AVA Zero, where AVA0 means you can take one AVA0 model for every 200 full points of army (max of 1x AVA0 model even at 300 points). Because that way I could take a Tankhunter Autocannon for Saito. :evil grin:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation