1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if... sectorial unique profiles

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Mahtamori, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Yes, there are certainly units that require a lot of TLC for N4 and haven’t received it yet. The sheer number of Na2 stuff was, as you’ve said, uncalled for and with mercs it’s gotten to be so many that we house rule it that we don’t take them just to simplify things.
    There’s a few units that could be culled without causing too much grief and then there are units that are crying out for an update which is why I think it’ll take a while to get it looking tidy and balanced. It’s doable but it’s a big job. As the story is progressing this year I hope we see these issues addressed.

2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

@psychoticstorm, You are talking about this thread, right? https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/2019-in-numbers-its-data-analysis.36359/

Looking at the 2019 analysis, 3 out of the Top 10 are Vanilla, and if you focus on the Top 33%, 5 out of Top 10 are. Huh, the Vanillas that do the best at Aleph, Combined, and Yujing. I wonder how N4 have changed these numbers and rankings.

Edit: And I agree that there should be more Sectorial specific profiles.

csjarrat likes this.
  3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I agree limit the most useful troops/profiles in Vanilla to AVA 1 or none. Drop CoC and NCO from vanilla and and increase in sectorials. Sectorials generally need to be able to hit a little harder in both reactive and active turns because of the hard thematic rules imposed by CB. I'm fine with that but if CB doesnt want to give a boost BS or Burst then they need to think about doubling down on a sectorials hard strengths. The things they already do that everyone struggles with.

Examples:
    Nomads can a little more Lt resiliency in sectorials but vanilla doesnt need 2 morans nor an uberfall at all.

If JSA didnt have fireteam BS bonuses I would argue their board control should be better and some of their profiles with CC should get a boost in Dodge, 6thS and hacking protection so they can better engage from a corner in the ARO.

MAF should be the only ones with access to of all of their animals. Only 2 Dats in Vanilla.

USARF, no UKR in Vanilla, Vanzant and DDs could have tac aware in sectorial.

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Or simply limit the spam of options in Vanilla to one or two FULL STOP.
    More or less like C1.

Keeping CA examples, you have these in Shasvastii
    upload_2022-1-26_13-58-56.png
    but only the Spitfire in Vanilla CA.

WiT?, Hecaton and Abrilete like this.
  5. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I cant understand why is perseus a nomad but not an aleph, even not a phalanx unit.
    I would prefer seing him in nomad sectorial but not in nomads.

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Perseus was captured by the EI and failed to follow the suicide protocol. All ALEPH units have “kill on sight” orders for him.

Abrilete likes this.
  7. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Because you have not checked the lore:
    "Perseus, the Myrmidon who chose to live to keep fighting instead of commit suicide to avoid a Sepsitorization which, finally, never happened. Considered a traitor by his former brother in arms, Perseus has offered his sword in the service of the Nomads, alongside whom he has demonstrated he is still one of the best assault operatives in the Sphere, created for war and destruction."

He is a traitor to Aleph, like many others who decided to flee to the Nomad Nation open arms instead of listening to Aleph lies.

8. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Ok later lets say kanren belongs to ariadna for New fluff reasons. I Just want to say i dont like the idea.
    I am ok if only tunguska

9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Yu Jing gets Lunah. CA gets Bit & Kiss! And Ko Dali. Druze get Saito. Ramuh gets Carmen. PanO gets Liang Kai.

Plenty of factions get foreign defectors. I don't see your point here.

10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Don't forget Knauf, Le Muet, and McMurder.

I never understood the animosity against Mercs and taking away options from others. I feel like it ties to the belief that you always have to take the most optimal unit. You don't, even in the super competitive environments. Infinity has enough variance that it's not necessary.

I never liked Mutts (fluff. I don't like basically civilians getting involved), but I wouldn't remove them from the game. Mercs, to me, give flavor to game. Libertos are funding their revolution, Krakots are getting their party, and bounty hunters are making quick money.

colbrook likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation