1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPDATED 4/3 Monkey Business, the Ape-ril speculation thread

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

LOL, that's a good trick to get info regarding the new Sectorials; looks like several people is searchingo using terms like "spiral", and it works.

2. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

The last dire foes released pretty quickly after usariadna and the one before that was released really quickly after red veil.

3. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

4. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

But I already play you jing so I can use those models whenever I like, besides I don't see the highest agents of the imperial throne running off to makes some cash on the side.

You jing needs another dire foe, we only have one.

5. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

oldGregg, ZlaKhon, Solar and 2 others like this.
  6. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

Nice catch!

Melchior likes this.
  7. BobbaFett

BobbaFett New Member

The thing with these Non-alligned armies is that they are being announced to us like if they were NEW armies and they are essentially copy/paste selections of units from the REAL armies.

Don't get me wrong, this adds new layers of gameplay to INFINITY but they are really NOT new armies. No designs, no miniatures, just re-pack stuff.

This year begun with those videos with CB saying FIVE new armies are coming and what is being revealed here is essentially:

- Ramah Taskforce
    - Blue Tohaa
    - Mercenary Company #3499
    - Mercenary Company #5677
    - Shasvastii

To me... that is just TWO new armies. One that we've been waiting for since RedVeil, and those unexpected blue Tohaas.
    Is it just me or semantics are being exploited here? Is anyone playing with the NA2 as their main faction?

8. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

IA vs OperationS?

9. DukeofEarl

It was specifically stated that those 5 could be brand new or re-worked. Which this would qualify as.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

Mate I'll take anyone tbh as long as there is an interesting take on a zhanshI/zhuyong/whomstsoever

DukeofEarl likes this.
  11. BobbaFett

BobbaFett New Member

To be fair... I'm not sure about if this is good or bad.
    I mean, usually the DireFoes boxes are a bit overpriced IMHO.
    Yu Jing specifically has the best one, same price and brings more miniatures.

[​IMG]

12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I don't see NA2 as a faction, as such. It's just all of the forces that are not part of the main factions.

"Exploited" is a very strong word and I don't think it's warranted in this context. The NA2 forces are fully functional armies that offer a new range of units (some of which are new sculpts like Druze, Brawlers, Raoul Spector, Arslan, large parts of JSA etc.) as well as some units from other factions that can be used in a new environment.

For example, I do enjoy Ikari very much and they have become one of my "main factions" because they incorporate models I really like but otherwise wouldn't have fielded, such as the Fat Yuan Yuan, the Tanko HRL, the Druze Assault Hacker and the Wu Ming.

ZlaKhon and Abrilete like this.
  13. SKOZZOKONZ

What's that got to do with anything, yu jing only has three characters including Xi, technically four with Lunah. I want interesting options in game price irrelevant because the proxy rules are so chill.

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can totally see them moving QK into NA2. I have almost the ability to play Ikari, Druze, and QK. QK also has a lot of mercenary troops Haqq and Non-Haqq. I wrote up a way to do them and not break the bank here.

Balewolf likes this.
  15. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

They said five new or reworked sectorials. Last year, of the 4 NA2 armies in Uprising, only JSA was counted as one of the 5 the released that year because it had a new box of stuff. While it is likely Spiral Corps will be one of the 5, it is unlikely that Foreign Company, and Dahshat will be, especially considering the IA box that was released this year is counted as one of the 5.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  16. DukeofEarl

Yep. The 5 New Armies (blue Ns) last year were all ones that got a starter box of some sort. That even continued with the first blue N of this year, which was IA's starter, despite the rules being released in 2018 with 3O.

While there may be switches to that trend, to date there has been nothing to indicate it.

Though it is worth noting that there are only 3 blue Ns for this year's roadmap. We do know that GenCon will be another Battlebox (Operation:___ ___) so that would cover 2. [​IMG]

17. DukeofEarl

edit: wrong thread

18. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Errhile likes this.
  19. SKOZZOKONZ

Didn't bostria explicitly say that IA wasn't one of the 5 for this year because even though its model releases are the first N it was part of the last block of 5. Those being varuna, tak, tjc, oss, ia.

oldGregg, chaos11 and DukeofEarl like this.
  20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Sword first, take the biltong later! :smiling_imp:

I was leaning towards Fusiliers.

Though the idea of Brawlers as 'Fusiliers with psych problems' isn't unreasonable.

If the early leakers are correct, it'd be Securitate, which is actually good. I've always considered Fusiliers to be good shots but terrible soldiers. Most of the good (read: competent) mercenaries in today's world are former special ops soldiers that got out for whatever reason. And that's a big step up from a first-term Fusilier private. In Infinity terms, that'd be a Bolt/Kamau/Bagh-Mari/Akali.

JSA players.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation