1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsolved question list

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Arkhos94, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

chromedog, Mahtamori and Arkhos94 like this.
  2. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

So I think we agree that these questions need official clarification ;-) So far we have just interpretations that often contradict themselves.

We could say that CH: Mimetism (one of Patroclus profile) being a Special Skill, the Holoecho also uses it.
    Fluffwise, we could say it would be strange if the light disruption of the actual model's ODD was not replicated...
    An so on...

EDIT: I hadn't seen your answer.

Concerning Equipment, Holo cannot replicate Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment represented by a Marker or model.
    Concerning Skills, I don't see anything, as the example is about Minelayer (and the Deployable weapons).

#262 Minos, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  3. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

Some more explanations, as I feel I need to be clear.:-P

Let’s go with Patroclus who has an ODD (Obligatory Equipment) or CH: Mimetism (Obligatory Special Skill), and the Special Skill MA3 (granting him the Stealth optional Special Skill).

Holoprojector L1 State

1) "A trooper in Holoprojector L1 state cannot replicate those Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment represented by a Marker or model (TinBots, FastPandas, SymbioMates, Mines deployed by the Minelayer Special Skill...) the imitated model or himself could have."

→ No need to argue, due to the NFB Trait, the ODD cannot work. Fine.

2) Example : "A Hafza in Holoprojector L1 state imitating a Hassassin Lasiq suffers an enemy BS Attack. Even though his Special Skills, weapons and pieces of Equipment are considered Private Information, the Hafza cannot apply the CH: Mimetism Special Skill of the Lasiq. This means that during the Resolution step of the Order, when MODs are applied, the Hafza's player must inform his opponent that there is no CH: Mimetism MOD to apply."

→ This example only concerns an actual Trooper that has NOT the CH: Mimetism Special Skill, not the opposite. Thus the CH : Mimetism version of Patroclus should keep his Mimetism as well as he keeps his other Special Skills.

Holoprojector L2/L3 – Holoecho State

3) "A trooper in Holoecho state cannot replicate those Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment represented by a Marker or model (TinBots, FastPandas, SymbioMates, Mines deployed by the Minelayer Special Skill...) the imitated model or himself could have. However, the Holoecho state replicates all the game state Markers (Prone, Unloaded...) the Holoprojector L2 bearer has."

→ There’s nothing about the other pieces of Equipment. As the rules underline an exception, we should consider that all other pieces of Equipment ARE replicated. Thus the Holoechoes should replicate the ODD.

4) "The bearer of Holoprojector L2 and his holographic decoys act the same time, performing exactly the same Order declared. However, the holographic decoys cannot interact with scenery, considering any Activate or Alert declaration as an Idle."

→ The use of a Special Skill (Obligatory or Optional) is part of the declared Order. As stated, the Holoecho performs exactly the same Order declared, bare the two exceptions clearly stated above (and if not cancels the state). Thus a Holoecho should be able to perform the same Skills used in the declared Order, that is, the Holoechoes should feature the CH:Mimetism Special Skill, and the Stealth Special Skill if used by the actual model.

As a consequence, my thoughts are that:
    - Patroclus (ODD) cannot use his ODD in Holoprojector L1 state but can use Stealth;
    - Patroclus (Mimetism) uses Mimetism and can use Stealth in Holoprojector L1 state;
    - Patroclus (ODD) and his Holoechoes as well use ODD and can use Stealth (all the same);
    - Patroclus (Mimetism) and his Holoechoes as well use Mimetism and can use Stealth (all the same).

I'm of course open to other arguments, or to add this question to the unsolved ones if necessary (that was initially what I wished)!

4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Could you discuss this in the original topic or in a new one ? The idea here is only to list/sum up unsolved problem

chromedog likes this.
  5. Arkhos94

Added the Arogoto/Cybermask question to the (ever growing) list

Ashtaroth and Section9 like this.
  6. Arkhos94

7. Arkhos94

Added the Coordinated AD and Decoy question (coordinating order to mass jump Cadmus on the table)

8. Arkhos94

Updated with FAQ 1.8 (two question answered).

I'm feeling a bit hopeless with only two questions solved this time ?

9. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

It seems they spent more time answering ITS questions than rules questions this time around... which I guess makes sense considering the new season came out? But do those even belong in the main FAQ?

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

ITS is the most common way that Infinity is played; the idea that there's much of a separation between the rules and the ITS rules is confusing and should be abandoned.

11. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

So what is someone who comes into the game now supposed to take from an FAQ entry about Xenotechs?

My point is that ITS changes every year and FAQ entries about it will lose their meaning and just confuse people... though, to be fair, we will be getting N4 about the time the next ITS season comes out so...

Mahtamori and xagroth like this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yes, but the ITS document should be revised instead of FAQed... at least I think so.

13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The game overall is not friendly to new players ATM. Hopefully N4 changes that; it's certainly one of their stated goals.

14. Arkhos94

Added the Chest mine/Self Explosion/Dogged question and the Maestro+Other aro question

Thanks to @Section9 and @n21lv for pinging me

Section9, Sabin76 and n21lv like this.
  15. Arkhos94

The followoing question has been answered by the latest FAQ. I don't think another one got an answer

Isolated Antipode and G:Sync

16. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

How does question in recent FAQ about seeds correlate with this??????? Taken from army, open list info.

Attached Files:

#276 Kwisatz Haderach, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    BLOODGOD and Mahtamori like this.
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Looks like a bug, please report it in the appropriate thread.

18. Arkhos94

Updated with new question regarding ARO for people hit by a template at the second ARO step

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation