1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shikami multi rifle?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by wuji, Jul 14, 2021.

?

Would people be willing to pay the extra 2 points to upgrade the Shikami Combi to a Multi Rifle?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I love how you just said that like you work at CB and we'll see these changes next month! Though, how much is Dodge +3 and Koalas worth?

2. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Honestly, with their already bloated price. I don't think they should go up much if at all.

3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You think there is a tax on Shikami? I'd prefer they dont lose any of the skills or equipment; jumpy, climby, mimetic HI ninjas is awesome. In fact, why they didnt just get hidden deployment and FD 8 inches is beyond me

#23 wuji, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Only tax on Shikami is the over-price that HI pay on Forward Deployment compared to non-TAGs, IMO.
    I think the reason they don't have Hidden Deployment is that the faction has Oniwaban and as such they want to avoid serious overlap. Plus HD state is ungodly expensive on HI. Everything "skirmishy" is ungodly expensive on HI.

5. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

You have the Ryuken-9 for exactly that. I don't think Shikami would outclass Ryuken-9 in that regard.

Although the Dodge +3 is really appealing, if you add it to the base unit, then the AssPistol Shikami would be a no-brainer over the Combi+D-Charges one (but I like the suggestion). Koalas wouldn't be something new to JSA, but it would be something different to Shikami, and actually an approach tool to CC for the profile. I could also see Cybermines, or Viral TacBow instead of D-charges, but dunno if that's too tech-y and/or out of JSA's access.

6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I agree, and it's hard not to overlap. I'm actually surprised CB didnt just bite the bullet and make Shikami also gunfighter, however, it would make them less likely to go into CC and more expensive but it is very difficult to make troops in JSA that dont at least have some overlap.

I want JSA to have better protection against hacking and a way to better clutter up the midfield while decluttering at the same time. If JSA will never be a serious ranged contender (which is fine) then that table control needs to be fine tuned. The best and simplest suggestions, and have been said by others and not just me, and would be very cheap changes.

1. Just give Shikami Dodge +3. This one change would do so much for them and for JSA. They would become effective at clearing the field of mines and koalas. They would advance more reliably without becoming more deadly at range. Lastly they would become living mines them selves, either engaging on 17s w/LoF of the enemy or on 14s without/LoF. Leave everything else as is and they and the rest of JSA will be better protected by my next suggestion.

2. For the hacking Ryuken, remove shock mines and mine layer and add a tinbot. Super simple and very effective, we dont ever want to spend a command token to put the hacker in sup fire anyways cause of the off chance a repeater is dropped near her. Then she can stand in front the Shikami or literally any other HI and protect them in her bubble because a hacker wont be able to easily take her and risks a wound to disable a HI in her bubble.

3. Completely last minute suggestion and fine if we only get the first 2 some day. For the regular Ryuken smg, swap to E/M or mono mines.

4. Fuck it, this one comment is my wishlist for JSA and not a one is OP. Give Musashi White Noise. No hacking device, just that one program, makes him more viable and helps JSA overall.

#26 wuji, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation