1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for purchases after JSA split

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by SpecOps Birolla, May 22, 2018.

1. SpecOps Birolla

SpecOps Birolla Well-Known Member

After the split I'm having difficulties fielding a decent list, so I'm turning to the forums for help.

I'm looking for recommendations to fill out the following collection:

4 Aragoto bikers (asuka box + aragoto box)
    Yojimbo
    Raiden HLR (Ryuken HRL proxy)
    Shinobu
    All YJ remotes/equivalent proxies
    Can proxy Zhanshi as Keisotsu (will switch the paintjob)

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding viable long range attack/defense with what's there in Army.

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

well I totally misread your post.

My bad

EDIT:

Buy the JSA box. Absolutely.

Then invest in the Ninja blister, Tanko and Domaru boxes. These are pretty important pieces and represent the bulk of your assault pieces.

#2 MikeTheScrivener, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    meikyoushisui and Abrilete like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If I understand right, you have those units and want to buy something to complete the army? If so, JSA box, I'm afraid, is your best buy atm.

4. SpecOps Birolla

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear enough, that's the JSA stuff I have.

I'd buy the JSA big box without a second thought(especially for kuroshi), but it's not a big ROI minis-wise:

- I don't think i need a 6th bike, however awesome kuroshi is
    - I already have 3 combi rifle LI I can also paint in JSA colours
    - Already have one of the 2 ryuken (HRL)
    - Nobody in my group would ever nag me about proxying shinobu as the oniwaban, especially once painted

I'd rather splurge on Domaru/Tanko(even if tanko are not my cup of tea, so maybe I'll get the haramaki).

About Domaru/Tanko, how do you get into CC with a 4-4 no smoke Fireteam? Or, rather, you shoot with them?

5. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

If you've a Rayden as a Ryuken and Zhanshis as Keisotsus, you won't need to buy the new JSA army Pack. IMO your best buy is the Domaru box. Then, buy kempetai, karakuris, support pack and tankos.

Top aggressive shooters in JSA are the O-Yoroi and Karakuris. Certainly, they aren't the best of the best, but JSA is not a shooting faction. Tanko is good defensive unit, but only in a domaru/tanko fireteam.

#5 Dyne, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If you have Asuka Kisaragi it's an obvious Kuroshi proxy (they are the same character! XD)

Saito and Yojimbo place smoke, preferably without exposing themselves. Then you advance with the Tankomaru link. If there are enemy MSV2, you can either hunt them using the Ryuken or the RuiShi/Kempei (but you have to advance with both).

You might need the Ninja Blister too (KHD in the middle of the table), unless you have the one from Red Veil (I doubt you will be pressed to place more than one ninja and an oniwaban on the the table)

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

With a DoTanko link, you have either spitfire or ML for your active gun, and the ML plus 1-2 Blitzen in ARO.

This is my usual DoTanko link:
    [​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Spitfire / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)

3.5 SWC | 145 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If you don't want the hammerpants infantry, I'd buy the Domaru and Tanko boxes ASAP.

meikyoushisui, Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Saito and Oniwaban are generally nice to have. They fill out a list with a nice and highly useful chunk of points... Possibly two of the best single blister miniatures you can purchase for this Sectorial. I use Saito a lot.

The Ryuken-9 SMG is a game changer, but tricky to get a hold of. If you're not interested in buying the big box, the Kanren Hacker model is a good proxy for her.

Xeurian likes this.
  9. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

The Kanren Hacker model is a miracle of the universe and deserves a buy whether you are playing it or not. Excellent proxy model for a great deal of units. Great suggestion, bara.

Abrilete and barakiel like this.
  10. barakiel

Right on, glad you also see the awesomeness of that miniature

I actually resculpted the Kanren's visor to the match the official Ryuken-9, and weapon swapped to give her that same SMG. I'm really happy with how the conversion looks alongside the official mini.

Abrilete and Xeurian like this.
  11. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Do you have any pictures of that? Sounds awesome.

Teslarod likes this.
  12. SpecOps Birolla

Thanks, I will follow your recommendations.

DoTanko for link, KHD Kanren and Saito will be the next purchases.

I also have the red veil ninja, totally forgot about her.

barakiel and Abrilete like this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

If you don't like Saito's model (it is distinctly a love-it or hate-it model), Nakadai from the Outrage box makes a good stand-in. Outrage is just about a must-buy if you want to get into StarCo, anyway.

barakiel likes this.
  14. barakiel

Agreed. I was skeptical of the Nakadai mini, but now that I have it fully painted up, it fits in really well with the new Oniwaban. This helps the two of them look very cohesive when they're on the table with one another, but Nakadai's bare head (and a couple other details, like a different Commlog) help him stay unique.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation