1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pack it up boys and girls, Invincible Army isn't next

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HouseOfKings, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I agree regarding Aragotos as Su Jians (outside of wanting to test a unit out before buying the model), but for the rest we'll have to agree to disagree.

Obviously different players are going to have different opinions on how much proxying they want to do, but proxying is written into the rules of ITS so is an expected part of the game.

As a practical example, I strongly dislike the Nexus Operative sculpt, so I proxy it with the Onyx HVT model.

Nemo No Name and yojamesbo like this.
  2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

... where he said that it would be a difficult year for Yu-Jing and admited that the Shikami was a mistake.
    He just made a joke regarding "drinking Yu-Jing's tears", but he also said that he knew what was ahead and that it wasn't a grimm future.

That's different than "literally laughed at our face".

#422 Abrilete, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  3. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

Of course proxing is a matter with different sensitivities, but JSA has a style and is hard to ignore, we may agreed easily an Oniwaban proxing a Ninja, but what are you going to proxy with a karakuri? neko? haramaki? domaru? shikami? I even wouldn't like to proxy a keisotsu as a zanshi.

And proxing is in the rules since a few weeks ago, and considering that is clearly included just in the ITS 9 season rules (not in the game rules) and when it was included, feels pretty obvious there won't be proxing the next season.

4. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

mr 2d alien is very offended by this post.

(the model blows I agree, I run both)

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Proxying is in the ITS rules for about six years. The recent change was just to match how TOs actually enforce proxying at events.

meikyoushisui, Abrilete and Stiopa like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's about coping with grief, not about the scale of the grief. Let people grieve and it will be over with quicker is my point.

@psychoticstorm yes, you're going to have the same everytime a profile gets nerfed or removed. On a much smaller scale. (Smaller since unlike most gaming communities this one is a bit more mature, so I don't think anyone will post death threats over a small nerf. I hope not at least. You never know with gamers)
    I don't actually think CB has really nerfed a profile, though... funny that, they've killed off an entire subfaction and kicked another out of it's home, but profiles haven't been properly nerfed afaik.

Edit: subfaction :p

#426 Mahtamori, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Hecaton and xagroth like this.
  7. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Which Faction did they kill off?

8. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

*Looked at all temper tantrums thrown*
    A bit mature, yeah, 146% more mature.

Exrah is the name, but it was not a faction, it was part of Combined Army, a couple of bad selling profiles and one game-breaking one. Things like Cascuda were the reason I dropped and sold my 1st edition PanO army.

9. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

@sarf that was the only one I could think of, which wasn't (anywhere close to) killing of a faction =)

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So far I haven't heard about CB receiving any death threats for changing Haramaki from MA3 to MA2. That's the level we as a species has sunk to, but there you go.

xagroth, meikyoushisui and sarf like this.
  11. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Sarf, your responses have been far from useful, considering that you make out that anyone upset is being childish.

Hecaton likes this.
  12. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well, sorry if it upsets you. As I`ve said, I`ve been constructive between page 60 and page 120 of April thread, now I see that some people prefer not hear any constructive stuff and repeat same mantras "CB are evil" "I`ve heard exact words that they planned to fuck Yu Jing players in heads" "new toys now" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and so on.
    On contrary some people have already said all stuff and with these we already have finished normal healthy discussion.

So why shouldn`t I upset some not mature forum users? Without calling names and telling cruel words, of course.

13. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

Well this discussion devolved completely.

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  14. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Sure thing. When to expect new info on IA at all? Next Con? Or there could be some "IA week on BoW" or something like that?

15. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

"Proxies were only allowed in the absence of an official miniature in the Infinity range, now in tournaments this will be allowed when the player does not have that miniature. It is no longer relevant whether the miniature is in the catalogue or not."

https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/474-its-s9-proxies-rules-a-change-for-improvement

Honestly I don't know, I'm playing only for one year now

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

No, he said it was a mistake to have one painted in YJ colors. He never said that selling them to Yu Jing players when they'd be invalidated next week wasn't a smart move on CB's part.

If people had said, "Yeah, CB fucked up, I agree. That sucks." This would have been over. Instead we have people saying, more or less, "You don't have the authority to criticize CB, peasant! You should be grateful they let you give them their money!"

Now I think a lot of the people who are doing that are people who play PanO etc and are trolling, but w/e.

17. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Yes, Vanilla Yu Jing lost the JSA units. It is sad for people who used them, and I'm really much more of an ISS player so it hasn't hit me so much.

I agree that Japan would not fit into Space China. The tensions and divisions that lead to uprising would have been there for sure, so it's not that unbelievable that the alliance unravelled. So... Jexit.

The facebook marketing leaks are one thing, but when you get to read the uprising book it's a little more nuanced. Some portions of the ISS respond in a very heavy handed way yet Sun Tze is consistently a moderating influence who advocates against civilian massacres. It's also a clear theme that the Domaru and Keiretsu have engineered a takeover of Japanese society by inflaming populist nationalism, throwing their lower class regiments like Haramaki and Raiden under the bus to save themselves where possible, and accepting assistance from hostile powers (Pan O, Nomads, Haq and .... Tohaa) to break away. Japanese citizens have simply traded Kempeitai and Domaru feudalism for a place in the more egalitarian Yu Jing society.

Abrilete, sarf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

So you have the book then? Mind posting some snippets? Not copy-paste, just "there's a story where this thing happens".

19. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The starting point wasn't particularly high...

20. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

It didn't 'upset me' so much as I felt the need to point out that a good few of your posts have been antagonistic, seemingly intent on riling up further upset.

Maybe you've been constructive elsewhere (I don't see a 120 page thread, I'm assuming that you're either exaggerating or it's in another forum?) but in this thread you've been dismissive and set against anyone having a problem with the situation. Have some people been railing too hard and making outlandish statements/claims? Yes, and I agree that some have gone too far; but that doesn't mean you should lower yourself to that point, as that kind of 'arms race' of hostility doesn't really do anything - and as I have said to one or two others who have acted in a similar fashion to you, it's actually counter-productive to go around going, "Well suck it up; don't feel so angry".

If you want to put that kind of message across, it's far better to approach it from a positive point of view - such as the Positivity thread, Fluff Perception thread, or the Wuxia Movement thread, where some folks have been discussing the good elements (or addressing some of the possible negatives elements) of the faction without intense judgement.

Because you're aggravating the issue, and in some cases you're actually upsetting some of the moderate folks (ie, those that are trying to communicate their problems with the situation without going off the rails). As I said above, stooping to the same level doesn't really do anything of value, except maybe give you a few jollies (at the expense of someone else). When a kid calls someone a name, and they respond, "I know you are, but what am I?" and then that devolves into an ad nauseum back and forth of the same thing, does anything get resolved? Or do either of them stop to think and approach from a different angle? Not really no; which is why deliberately upsetting someone is trolling.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation