1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Karakuri render

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Knauf, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

INFINITY already has a mechanic to represent this called STR. Losing STR does not impact performance. I do not understand how having a high STR does not capture reducing something to bits and having it still operational. What you've described has no relation to fire not burning it, EMP not shutting it down, explosives being less explody, armour piercing bullets losing their ability to pierce etc.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Immunity: Total should join Sniffers in hell.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Nor losing Wounds, it seems...

Delta57Dash likes this.
  3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Unless...

4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Sad Ratnik noises

5. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Or makes you immune against a blade as thin as a single molecule made out of a thread able to cut through everything.... Killing everything it touches... Except wolves and such.

the huanglong and Knauf like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Do I like the new Karakuri style? Yup.
    Do I like it on STR 3 Total Immunity robots? Ehhh... perhaps not the best visual information ever...

the huanglong likes this.
  7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Yes i will prefer a Geisha, so... go to Proxies :stuck_out_tongue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok i out :point_right:

redeemer likes this.
  8. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I think my favorite example of Immunity: Total making no sense is how a model with I:T is immune to being targetted from Forward Observers, but not Spotlight.

That's the one that's the least justifiable for me. If you want to say that the cut made by a Monofilament Blade is so thing that Werewolves can just regen through it, fine, but explain why I can't paint them with a laser pointer. Hell if anything FO attacks should cause Dogfaces to become Isolated as they get distracted chasing the dot around.

clever handle, Hecaton and Ashtaroth like this.
  9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Not the old or new design, that's an easy win for a 3d sculpt but the concept.

Is that really in blood bowl?

Nice info about the Karakuri. And no one is saying it's a bad design, many are saying it doesnt fit the rest of the army and I am saying it seems kind of immature and otaku. And I'm afraid your opinion might be biased. I think a lot of people here have the fanboy symptom. It happens I get that. But maybe you should be the one to create a non biased poll. The poll isnt to say the new concept is ugly, it's not, it looks great, especially if it was a Nomad unit... A non biased poll would have questions like " though I like the new concept I preferred the geishabot style more. Yes/No?" Or "I would like to see a bootleg/limited run on a box of geishabots. Y/N?". Intelligent questions. No one here is saying they are bad designs, I just feel like it belongs in Bakunin.

As for the idea of compartmentalized weapons. The weapons each bot has being a part of the internal structure while combi, HSG, MK12 are all interchanble but not universally applied to each profile makes sense. I believe the FP should be incorporated into the eyes or face someway, Chain Rifle in one arm and Panzerfausts in the other. I will say. I actually think flamethrowers would make more sense for a fuel tank to take up less space whilst still creating a template as opposed to metal being ground up and spit out or some equivalent of shotgun shells...

#69 wuji, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    redeemer likes this.
  10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Takkure.

11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Looks like it will go well with my degenerate pirates, um I mean Ikari Comany.

A Mão Esquerda and Cthulhu363 like this.
  12. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

You made me spit my tea!!! Take my like! This shit was hilarious.

13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Takkure. The creator of the Dog Bowl fan game, launched his own rugby cyberpunk game in Kickstarter last year

#73 fari, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    A Mão Esquerda and wuji like this.
  14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

total immunity is a mistake
    a 3 W model ... a huge mistake
    I'm glad JSA players prefer playin swords with samurai and ninja

15. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

ARM 3
    No vis mods
    No native vis mods
    40+ points

Competitively, bringing them is an opportunity cost is all. That being said, some of us are well aware what they can do. If they cant outburst something in a fireteam, a trio of them is about 130 points but the 3 of them in a coordinated order with anyone of the other shooters with expendables are pretty much guaranteeing something is neutralized.

Karakuri x3
    Plus
    Daiyokai or Oda or Tanko

So deadly.
    And you can guarantee the 3 karakuri can just rotate on one corner to get LoF to a target because of their total immunity. I cant think of anything more guaranteed to kill most things in one order than this kind of coordinated order.

Firellon likes this.
  16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Since nobody: created a poll, thinks we should or could petition CB for at least a Geishabot limited box; Anyone have any simple conversion ideas that don't involve covering 75% of these in green stuff in order to get the geishabot look complete with kimono?

17. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Much better! I'm not a fan of the new head piece, big text screen for emoji faces and flappy ears that resemble a dogs' than anything kawaii or geisha oriented. At least it provides space for comical face designs, I'm not sold on it and will need to see a model painted up to accept or dislike the head piece. Mini looks great otherwise and at least the rendered rifle has a normal curved magazine! I really do hope they don't use the backward magazine rifles of PanO, that is the single most prominent reason for my avoiding them.

I'm so glad to see the Karakuri getting the attention they needed, can't wait to see the rest of the renders.

wuji likes this.
  18. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

I love the new design. They're fresh and fun and actually look futuristic. I always thought the old models were awkward and the designs were very unappealing.

I understand that some people like the idea of "robo-Geisha" and feel like JSA needs to be a traditional samurai army, but that's really narrow, and JSA already has stuff that doesn't fit that aesthetic anyway (Ninja, Ryuken, Korushi, Aragato). Allowing the sectorial visual style to grow to encompass other popular aspects of Japanese culture is just fine for me and makes JSA seem less one dimensional.

19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Do you expect each head to have a different cute hair style. I'm actually expecting a ponytail and a bob. Karakuri are such a strong unit that I really am wondering what I can do about their looks.

20. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Switch the heads or stick with the old ones. I actually like the old ones. A pain in the ass to assamble but they are my favorite creepy murderdolls.
    I have seen a conversion based in hollowman somewhere around. So these kinda had the kimono you are looking for.
    Another way could be to find someone with a 3s printer and print the parts you want. Monstrous Makings has a Patreon page where you can on one level make wishes for parts you want to see.
    I got some 3d printed weapons from him but of right now I have the problem that he doesn't seem to shop to Germany anymore.
    Brexit I guess.

Personally I will wait for additional renders and if I can't resist the overalldesign I will just switch the heads of the old ones to the new ones.

wuji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation