1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Karakuri render

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Knauf, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Paraphrased and incredibly out of context.

He's bemoaning more modern anime tropes and design, things like tsundere and moe style shit taking over and becoming mainstream and more animators, particularly new generation ones, looking to emulate tropes like this rather than just draw unique stuff built upon observation.

He also complains the industry is full of anti social people, which leads to poorer character design and animation because the otaku culture doesn't interact and study real people well.

"Whether you can draw this way or not, having the option to concoct this sort of plan, it relies upon whether you can say to yourself, 'Gracious, definitely, young ladies like this exist, all things considered. In the event that you don't invest energy observing genuine individuals, you can't do this, since you've never observed it. A few people spend their lives intrigued distinctly in themselves. Practically all Japanese activity is delivered with scarcely any premise taken from noticing genuine individuals, you know. It's delivered by people who can't stand taking a gander at different people. Furthermore, that is the reason the business is brimming with otaku!"

However it turned into a huge meme about how much he fucking despises weebs and otakus.

#21 Triumph, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    DamnDaemon, Stiopa, Pierzasty and 5 others like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

JSA still use Yu Jing combi rifles. See Keisotsu, they mix YJ rifles with Pan-O heavy weapons.

3. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

No Chonk shaming :P

smog, Stiopa, redeemer and 2 others like this.
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Certainly, but look at all of JSAs current designs. Very thematic but also very mature. These things are incredibly immature. Which, if you look at the comment I'm quoting below, you'll be able to read why it's immature. Actually, that's all of the problem right there, the theme of the mech style and the maturity of the design doesnt match the rest of JSA. Which makes it stand out like an ugly sore thumb. Japanese quote, the nail that sticks out gets hammered.

Thank you so much for elaborating so eloquently. I do believe I remember hearing about this briefly years ago. That being said. Comparing Miyazaki's work to others. His movies are timeless while everyone else is a dime a dozen aside from a few outstanding exceptions and even the exceptions are older than the rest

5. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

These are cool, and for people buying them for the first time they will serve well.

I really like integrated weapons like the chainrifle coming out of the old Karakuri's wrist, as well as the puppet-like stances they had. I'll be happy to stick with my old ones for now (unless the rest of the karakuri renders prove impossible to resist).

SockLobster, toadchild and redeemer like this.
  6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Are you talking about the same JSA with overt anime models like Ghost in the Shell and RWBY? Not much traditional and "mature" there. JSA obviously borrow heavily from anime influences, even the super samurai looking powered armor is anime. So to say a kuwai killer Japanese robot is disrespectful and not mature just means you aren't paying attention to the aesthetic of JSA and Infinity as a whole.

7. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

it is missed opportunity to integrate the guns inside the arms and body
    lolz

8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

One day I am going to bite the bullet and see for myself how Heroforge turns out.

upload_2021-3-16_12-28-17.png

Pierzasty, chromedog, wuji and 3 others like this.
  9. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As I stated elsewhere, I can see the JSA as drawing heavily on the techno-samurai in space aesthetic style.
    I can see them drawing on the high-tech cyborg superspies GitS style.
    The third style they seem to be drawing upon is what I'd call kawaii manga style.

The first two do, IMO, mix acceptably, when they are applied to different troops. I see no problem with hakama-wearing light infantry, or power armor suits stylised after historical personal armor.
    Kawaii manga aesthetics simply doesn't - IMO - mix with the two abovementioned aesthetic styles well. Seeing them, I feel an aesthetic dissonance.
    The old sculpt Karakuri were not causing that.

Now, by RWBY reference, I guess you mean the Kuroshi Rider? Yup, I am not a fan of that sculpt either, but for a special character I can make an exception (that, and I guess it isn't that difficult to change her scythe to a more traditional CCW or firearm). Still, Asuka kisaragi of old made more sense.

Thet being said, I don't have a dog in this fight myself, being not a JSA (nor Ikari) player. And well, de gustibs non est disputandum.

RolandTHTG and Knauf like this.
  10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

When I think of
    [​IMG]

RIP QUEEN

Dragonstriker and Savnock like this.
  11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

With the cat ear motorcycle helmet I always took Kuroshi to be a Durarara reference.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Cthulhu363

Maybe that was it. I haven't seen either. Whoops.

A Mão Esquerda and toadchild like this.
  13. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I for one am excited, but I REALLY want them to do the face/arm/chest cannons on the next 3 just like the little sketches.

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Funny enough I haven’t, either, but I have some friends who are big Durarara fans.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  15. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

No one was saying all anime was immature. GitS is definitely mature. And where do you see a RWBY reference in JSA? Also, how do you think GitS and Cyber Samurai are 't trying to be cute. They are just being. Robot designs like this are attempting to be cute. It's like all of the dime a dozen girls on tiktok who couldnt cook a meal to save their lives but they'll give you the doe eyes for a dollar. This tries too hard which is immature to be the cute deadly thing. The theme itself is immature and the theme doesn't go with either GitS or Ancient styled hi-tech armor. That's what I mean. So please, dont twist my words about anime being immature. We all knew what kind of anime I was talking about.

16. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

Japan has a ton of consumer robotics with cutesy designs, as well as (stereotypically) all-singing all-dancing light-show toilets, so to be honest the new design is more quintessentially Japanese than any weird uncanny death-mask doll would be, though it would have been cool to see a design that sticks closer to the old, I am also excited by the new one, so it's fine for me, then again I always saw infinity as being a bit gonzo, and dont come to it looking for military realism or historical/cultural accuracy either

Tbh I'm quite into the idea of cheery PSA-style jingles blasting from their speakers while their faceplates lift to reveal their skull-guns (head-cannons?) but alas that's not as verisimilitudinous as a six foot tall antique doll with no humanoid features but eyes and a geisha hairdo /s

a thought i had is that the new design looks reminiscent of kozmo from aristeia and my theory is that the same science kid prodigy that designed kozmo (name escapes me) may have matured into a military engineer by the time of infinity..fun retcon if true

also I think/hope the other sculpts will show the concealed weapons thing better, as the concept design is very promising (plz give face gun)

17. Cthulhu363

I guess based on your arbitrary standard of "mature" which includes a woman's self worth being tied to the kitchen? (your tik tok comment)
    Japanese culture (which JSA is based on surprisingly) includes all of these elements, not just traditional and ghost in the shell. Your idea of JSA is far too limited. Take in the entirety of Japanese culture. They love the cutesy/Kuwai....even if it's trying to kill you.
    These new minis might not be your style, which is fine, but to say those of us who like them are perverts or immature is as stupid as weather control satellite conspiracy theories.

Danimoth likes this.
  18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Let’s try to keep the personal insults to a minimum, eh?

19. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I would like that they keep the design GitS style, as their approch with the army box. But it seems the go the kawaii style and I have to admit I am happy with this new style - its lovley :kissing_cat:

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Wow you're reaching for a fight, please stop talking to me.

Pierzasty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation