1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Deva profiles allowed in NCA?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Chade, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chade

Chade Member

Hello! OSS (or Vedic or ALEPH) received some new profiles for Deva Functionaries like AHD Hacker (well KHD in army, but that was a mistake?) and FO. However those new profiles are not yet in NCAs roster in Army. Is this because Army is not updated yet on that part or is it because NCA won't receive those new profiles?

If the reason is former when can we expect update for NCA profiles? If the reason is later why is that?

I have a tournament coming in a couple of weeks and I was wondering whether I could wield new toys there or not. Thanks in advance!

2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Unknown, but likely that they will. None of the profiles were labelled as "OperationS" only.

3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

hopefully – that would be pretty cool

EDIT*- I could see NCA omitting the Harris option, although that would be a pretty big change for NCA if it were to be included. especially if it's a mixed Harris.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Apart from the Haris...

A Mão Esquerda and paraelix like this.
  5. Chade

Chade Member

So is this evidence enough that rest of the profiles will be allowed in NCA?

6. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

I think it's clear in Army and the PDF that the Deva profiles are unchanged so while it might be nice to see these new profiles be available to the older sectorials, I think this falls more into the 'request' category than the 'question' category.

This should probably be posted in the Pano forum rather than the rules forum. :)

7. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

No, it is a legitimate query. And, yes, the Deva profiles (except Haris) are available to NCA. The Army update is just a shambles atm. And the NCA Sectorial list in the "updated" Profiles PDF doesn't list Aida Swanson.

xagroth likes this.
  8. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

Then the question goes into the army bugs thread, in either case, it's not a rules question.

xagroth likes this.
  9. paraelix

I've been told by a warcor that @Koni confirmed the new Deva profiles are definitely not in NCA, but you, @ijw , appear to be saying the opposite. Can we get a clear and consistent response from someone?

10. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

And yet YuJing doesn't have all the same ninja profiles that JSA does.

11. paraelix

That appears to be on the basis that the Profiles PDF has an entry for Ninjas in YJ, that stipulates what they get. And JSA have an entry for Ninjas that stipulates what they get.
    Whereas NCA is a Sectorial, so doesn't have the luxury of it's own layout of profiles. Instead, it gets an AVA chart that provides them access to any profiles that are not expressly prohibited. The same goes for any Sectorial - look at Steel Phalanx, they get Andromeda but not the new Superior Infiltration options - because these are expressly OS only.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That is a tame argument. JSA is a sectorial and Yu Jing's layout predate the split so whether the Ninja exists in two places or not has no real meaning.

13. paraelix

14. Chade

Chade Member

So there is still hope, interesting times to be NCA player!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation