1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA – The Demolition Crew

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

Gorgeous stuff. Thanks for sharing

burlesford likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Back from the dead with a few more additions to my NCA. One more Fugazi, one Sierra, and a Warcor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Finished the Warcor. Unfortunately, my phone broke, and the "new" one is actually an older model with a worse camera. So please forgive the subpar picture quality.

[​IMG]

5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I also finished the Dronbots. My decision to lean in a bit more into the junkyard theme with the bases this time paid off — I really like the more dramatic scene they're in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I should have enough Dronbots now... (3 Fugazi, 1 Sierra, 1 Pathfinder)

[​IMG]

Abydog, LeGweg, Gwynbleidd and 10 others like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Last but not least, I managed to get the Locust from Beyond Kaldstrøm. I love that sculpt, even though he will more often end up as a stand-in for my Hexa MSR than be an actual Locust.

[​IMG]

Who needs actual Hexa models?

[​IMG]

Abydog, LeGweg, Gwynbleidd and 9 others like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

One happy bot family.

[​IMG]

Abydog, LeGweg, Gwynbleidd and 12 others like this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Anyone remember when I built a magnetized 55mm base for my Uhlan so he could proxy as a Squalo?

Well, I finally got over myself and painted up an actual Squalo. Say hello to Mr. Harvey Dent, your friendly neighborhood attorney at TAG:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I always wanted the model to wield the Multi Pistol the profile has, so I chopped something together from an old gun I had lying around and couldn't identify anyway and put it into his hand.

Look at the two. Little brother is so happy he's finally joined by his big brother:

[​IMG]
    I'll be adding a few more things to my NCA in the following months. I just couldn't help myself – there were simply too many cool models left. Stay tuned!

Abydog, LeGweg, Gwynbleidd and 18 others like this.
  9. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

They definitely looks like brothers. Well done.
    When you mentioned two faces I first thought that you may have gone with a fully two sided paint scheme but in the end your choice seemed to be the best with a perfect balance between yellow and red.

burlesford likes this.
  10. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

That looks great!

I believe that the unidentified gun was a Haq spitfire, though I'm not sure what base model.

burlesford likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

It was a single gun from one of those old N2 tournament reward blisters that only had a handful of guns in it. But Haqq Spitfire seems correct.

12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Your weathering is awesome, just the right amount to really show up at a distance I'm guessing, but not too much in close-up shots. And those junkyard bases are excellent.

Dirty take on an army that's usually squeaky-clean: brilliant interpretation.

burlesford likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! That was exactly the joke I was going for :D

14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Here are a few of the upcoming minis I've converted recently.

Hexa Spitfire
    Never play the MSR, and I still had a Spitfire left from a Kaizoku.
    [​IMG]

Aquila Guard Multi Rifle

If they let me link the HMG, I might play it, but as it is, this is the standard loadout for me.
    [​IMG]

Uma Sørensen with reposed right arm

I didn't like the original pose with the outstretched arm, so I changed it a bit.
    [​IMG]

Female Fusilier w/ML

Only had the Sniper lady, and I needed a ML. Luckily, a friend had printed me one.
    [​IMG]

Aïda Swanson

This lady's right arm went through a couple iterations, since she was originally planned as a Scots Guard for my Kosmoflot. When I decided to actually play her as Aïda in my NCA again, I couldn't find the original arm anymore. So she got this leftover arm from the Intel Spec Ops, which looks like an SMG with a silencer anyway.
    [​IMG]

Abydog, Gwynbleidd, Oni and 6 others like this.
  15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

First of all, a late Merry Christmas to you all! It's time for an end-of-year recap. Here's everything I added to my NCA in the last twelve months:

[​IMG]

Actually, that's not quite right – I painted a second Bulleteer, but I accidentally stripped him when I thought for a moment I would start with SWF. I also painted up a Locust, but sold it to a friend who actually started SWF. And finally, I painted up a Warcor, but forgot to put her in the picture.

Anyway, next year will see some more NCA. I still have a bunch of minis I want to add. Happy holidays, and happy 2023!

Abydog, borisgreymenace, Oni and 5 others like this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

When was the last time you saw me paint up some construction workers for my PanO? A long time ago, that's right. But I sat down this spring to add a few more bits and pieces to my NCA, as well as a smattering of sidegrades to be able to play a very specific Svalarheima list I had in mind. To spoiler most of it, the name of the list is "All I Want for Christmas is a B4 Feuerbach and a K1 Marksman Rifle".

I finally took some photos, so expect a bunch of updates these coming days.

Let's start with the SWF stuff. All I needed to play my list was a few SWC Fusiliers, two Karhu, one Varg, and a Nøkk. So here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, the list. This is what I ended up bringing for the first game with these guys:

All I Want for Christmas is a B4 Feuerbach and a K1 Marksman Rifle
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    KARHU Feuerbach(+1B), AP Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 35)
    VARG (Minelayer) K1 Marksman Rifle, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    KARHU (Paramedic) MULTI Rifle, Blitzen, AP Mines ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    FUSILIER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 17)
    FUSILIER Missile Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 15)
    FUSILIER (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 15)
    FUSILIER (Paramedic) Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    LOCUST Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    SIERRA DRONBOT Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 24)
    LIANG KAI Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 4)
    MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    PALBOT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

As you can see, this was before the Peacemaker nerf. What a shitshow that was. Anyway, the Nøkk was eventually replaced by a Breaker Combi Locust, but only because my first opponent told me he would bring Kosmoflot.

How did it go? Let me write up a short

SWF Battle Report (Frontline against Kosmoflot)

Tournament First Try
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    CHERNOBOG AP Heavy Machine Gun, Heavy Flamethrower, Chest Mines / AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 65)
    [​IMG] CHERNOBOG PILOT Submachine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    VOLKOLAK Heavy Machine Gun, Chain-colt(+1B), Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 43)
    PATCHER Heavy Flamethrower(+1B), Adhesive Launcher(+1B), Grenades(Continous Damage) / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    WARDRIVER (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 14)
    ROKOT Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    ROKOT Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    POLARIS TEAM undefined / undefined. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] CONTROLLER Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] POLARIS BEARPODE Chain Rifle(+1 Dam, +1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon, Trench-Hammer. (0 | 23)
    ROKOT (Lieutenant) Submachine Gun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3
    UNKNOWN RANGER AP Spitfire, Chain-colt / Heavy Pistol, T2 CC Weapon. (1 | 47)
    VARANGIAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    VARANGIAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    S.A.S. (Forward Observer) Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 295 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My opponent brought a Rokot core with a Volkolak HMG (not the ML for some reason), a Chernobog, the typical UKR Haris with two Varangians, and a Polaris Team. He won initiative, but (again, for some reason) chose deployment. I had planned to put the Locust in suppressive fire against the bear, but with first turn, I simply walked over (after I had cleared his S.A.S. with my Pathfinder) and shot it dead. Felt really good, I have to admit.

His first turn, his Chernobog deleted my Sniper Fusilier and the Pathfinder. Unfortunately for him, he then lost his ftf against my ML Fusilier, who landed two hits on the TAG and sent him to unconscious. His Irmandinho had to patch him up, and his Volkolak had to finish what the TAG couldn't. Finally, his Varangians templated my Locust to death, who hadn't had the orders left to be put into suppression.

At the top of turn two, things looked kinda even. But then PanO was about to do what it does best: shoot things to death. My Karhu Haris moved up, and my Varg found an angle from where he could shoot the UKR in the back. His ARM4 went to a satisfying ARM0, and he died on the spot. After Liang Kai and my Peacemaker had sacrificed themselves to clear the remaining Varangians, that same Varg had a clear shot at the Chernobog. The TAG's already reduced ARM6 was reduced further to an (even more satisfying) ARM0, and the TAG was no more.

At that point, my opponent forfeited, but I asked him if I could spend one more order on my Feuerbach Karhu to engage his Volkolak, just so I would be able to try that sweet B4 Feuerbach at least once. Of course, after all those dice had gone my way, the Karhu lost his first and only ftf and died on the spot XD

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. I'm sure the Varg won't shine in every game as much as he did in this one, but boy did I get what I was hoping for out of that K1 Marksman Rifle. Also, this was the very first time I ever brought a Locust, and yes, they are overpriced, but at least this one time, he and his Breaker Combi did exactly what they were meant to do: Kill bears.

Before I go, I'll also leave you with the two Fusiliers I painted up for this game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#56 burlesford, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    Oni, Abydog, Lady Numiria and 5 others like this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Other additions to my PanO: Two more Orcs, one of them converted into a Feuerbach, and a Tinbot.

I had originally converted the Feuerbach so I could put her in the Fusilier link. But then I realized that I get the same BS, the same wounds, but double the dice in ARO for fewer points by replacing him with two SWC Fusiliers. Maybe he'll see the table in Reinforcements where I don't have the SWC.

Patsy Garnett may look like an Orc, but still proxies as Shona Carano.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

More NCA stuff: Uma Sørensen from Defiance and a Bolt MSR. Was extremely lucky that a friend of mine gave me both. He also had sent me a Bolt ML earlier, but she got lost in the mail. Very sad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oni, Abydog, Uthoroc and 4 others like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Another little addition: A Crabbot. Not sure this little WIP12 guy will actually ever see the table, but well – should I ever need one, now I have one.

Tech Bee for scale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oni, Abydog, Space Ranger and 6 others like this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Not technically a new mini, but while I was assembling the new stuff, I fitted my Traktor Mul/Mulebot conversion with a Missile Launcher I had spare. Wanted my Clipper to be appropriately represented on the game table. Enough reason to splash out one more group picture for all my Dronbots in my new lightbox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And while I'm posting bots, here's a little story: When I decided to get the new Karhu, I was tempted for a day or two to actually start a whole new Svalarheima army in the original color scheme. To that end, I made a hasty decision and stripped one of my Bulleteers. Once I came to my senses (no way I was able to fit another army in my painting schedule) and resigned to just add a few SWF units to my existing PanO in the same style, there was a previously perfectly finished Bulleteer I had to paint all over again.

This time, I went ahead and gave him the same treatment as my Peacemaker, so I could proxy a second one. I even painted up one more Auxbot for him. Needless to say, that was before they inexplicably nerfed the Peacemaker. No idea if I will actually ever run two now...

Repainted Bulleteer/Peacemaker and new Auxbot are on the left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#60 burlesford, Aug 28, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    Oni, Abydog, Space Ranger and 5 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation