1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my painting room

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by mr.bushido, May 19, 2020.

1. mr.bushido

mr.bushido Well-Known Member

The red ones I used are not that difficult. [Dark] Royal purple -[Mix]- Khon red -[Mix]-Body red -[Mix]- Sunny skin tone -[Mix]- White [light] If you spend a lot of time or practice a few times, you can do it as much as you want!

Willen likes this.
  2. mr.bushido

It's not that I don't know how to erase it, but I didn't want it to be damaged because I found that model a little difficult. It's worse to worry about such things, but I was scared because it was my favorite model!:joy::joy::joy:

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have not been using purple for shadows lately but will try it next time. I don´t know which color is "body red" (something from Vallejo from the rest of the names? Flat Red?) but I see how being more generous with mixing sunny skin tone into it would make it more orange.

4. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

A while ago I also started using sunny skin tone to mix orange highlights and it's now my favourite highlighting mix for warm colours

Willen likes this.
  5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is why I said "more generous" with the sunny skin tone. That color has been the go-to one to mix for highlights since the Spanish Team rose to fame like... 20 years ago? Man I am feeling old.

Law Dawg likes this.
  6. mr.bushido

The pictures I'll upload today are all pictures of models I made before. The latest one was a low-quality request:laughing:

IMG_2360.JPG
    Aquila Guard(Varuna ver.) 2018/12

When Baruna first came out, the coloring was so cool that I made it. I made it about two years ago, but I still like it!

IMG_1654.JPG Tiger soldier 2019/5

I made this model because I had a chance to hold the infinity showcase in Korea before. After that, I gave it to my friend as a gift, and I wonder if they're keeping it well! And the letter on the wooden base below means "sharp flight."

IMG_2355.JPG
    These are the low-quality works that I completed this time. Starting with the assembly, the smaller one was ten dollars, the bigger one was thirty dollars. I only used an airbrush and drybrush. It's always hard when you do this because it's a request that makes money, but it's not fun and doesn't improve my skills.

7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Do not think about fast commision as a non progress think about it as a ocassion to learn how to use familiar tech just better and faster - it is like reapeating already known thing just to polish it and maybe found a new nuance in it
    - recently we c resurface of old dry brushing just puled to a new hights of it - same go with "easy boring stuff" ;)

and about 2 other minis - as usual bases they lack final touch

mr.bushido likes this.
  8. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I love your Saito Togan and Ninja!!

9. mr.bushido

Hi Hi! Long time no see! That's why I brought several!​

IMG_2370.JPG

Sukeul commandos (K1 combi rifle ver.)

Tohaa is a wonderful group of friends. I wish I could see you again:joy::joy:

IMG_2374.JPG

Troll-hunter Gunnar Lundmark(WH40K space wolves ver.)

I never imagined that this color would fit so well!​

IMG_2378.JPG

Liang Kai, Wandering shaolin monk (WH40K white scar ver.)

This one doesn't look good in color... The design of the model and the color chosen were excellent, but I didn't have enough research to apply it. That's too bad​

IMG_2411.JPG

Kempeitai (ASAHI clan color ver.)

It's a model that's always on my army list, but I just painted it! I don't know why I paint it so late
    And he even prepared a gif file, but it won't be uploaded.​

10. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ha :)
    nice and clean
    but again Yellows drags you down - they are nice and clean but boring they lack texture
    funny i recently stop working on same JSA minis .. shoud make some photos and uplode - different colour theme tho

mr.bushido likes this.
  11. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Best Sukeul (or Tohaa model) I have seen in a long time. I like the crisp details. :-)

mr.bushido likes this.
  12. mr.bushido

There's only one today!

IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2418.JPG
    Shasvastii special armoured corp SPHINX

The new product is coming out soon, right? So I rushed to finish it:kissing_closed_eyes:

Gurutz29, Oni, Berjiz and 12 others like this.
  13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok it looks nice - on this huge model you could go for textures on thous surfaces but hey smouth shading is good to
    thing that do not work - a blue light on shoulders - ther is no way it would look like that - light dispersion is wrong and it lacks ilumination - if there is a light source - the blue spots - ther will be a reflection and things that get affected by light - a fuzzy lblue rrings around are not effect you would get.

Modock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation