1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Mine getting caught by template weapon

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Hecaton, Aug 22, 2019.

1. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

What a great idea! I wish I didn't make so much separate Camo and Mine markers using regular 25mm bases, otherwise I would definitely go with double-sided.

2. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

http://infinitythewiki.com/es/Camuflado
    • No obstante, si el poseedor de esta Habilidad Especial fuera un arma o una pieza de Equipo, el valor de Silueta (S) del Marcador es 2.

A better translation is:

Nevertheless, if the owner of this Special Skill is a weapon or a piece of Equipment, the Silhouette (S) value of the marker is 2.

colbrook, daszul and Mahtamori like this.
  3. Hisey

Hisey Member

So if the requirement for cancelling the camouflage state is requiring an ARM/BTS save, does that mean Camouflage markers are immune to riotstoppers?

If you can hit a marker with a template, but not reveal it because it doesn't make a save because of a silhouette difference, what about templates that don't require saves?

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's real interesting. I wonder if it immobilizes the camo marker without revealing it.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't do anything to the Mine, though, as only Troopers can get Immobilized.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Or more importantly, because a Mine doesn't need to declare a skill to go off.

Perimeter weapons being immune to being Immobilized doesn't make any sense.

8. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Honestly, though, I'd just make Mines S0. Yes, this would invalidate some tricks, but it would also stop this interaction from being a thing:
    Imagine a Trooper (A), a Camo Token and an enemy Trooper (B) standing in a line. Since Camo Tokens do not block LoF, Trooper A can declare a BS Attack, targeting Trooper B. Then, after declaring its first Short Skill (BS Attack), the controller of Trooper B gets to react. Trooper B declares Dodge and then its controller springs an Igao from the Camo Token, declaring a BS Attack, targeting Trooper A. Since there is no actual LoF from Trooper A to Trooper B, the first BS Attack declaration is now illegal and turns into Idle, while Igao gets an unopposed shot.

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Not entirely... nowadays you know that every Camo marker Prone is a trooper, and any S2 standing camo marker can be a mine... Changing mines to having a S0 camo marker would mean only standing S2 camo markers can be troops.

Since it is usually better to have troops Prone in the midfield, the shell game can go up a little!

10. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Sure, but S0 is not the same as S2 in Prone state. Mines being S0 tokens will be just S0 tokens, while regular S2 Camo units have to have a Prone Marker next to them to denote their state.

xagroth likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Right, forgot that. Force mines to deploy prone then xD