1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaizoku spec ops profile?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Brence, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Brence

Brence New Member

being new’ish to infinity and the JSA I was wondering where to find the Kaizoku profile? It is mentioned in the link team sheet, yet I can only find the named chars?

2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Kaizoku Yuriko Oda is an LI, you can see the profile on army 6.

[​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    [​IMG] YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 24)

0 SWC | 24 Points

Open in Infinity Army

3. dulydude

dulydude Active Lurker

@Brence the Kaizoku are spec ops that can be customised based on XP allowed for the mission (or campaign). There is a spec ops button on your current army list in Army 6 where you can make them.

They basically act as "you" or a universal proxie.
    Yuriko is a named Kaizoku, and as such cann't be customised

Did that make sense? (Serious question, I'm half asleep at the moment!!!)

4. Brence

Brence New Member

That makes sense! Both of the awnsers. So basicly the pre order model is a blanc slate model for campaign play OR could be used as an alternative Character model (in a pinch).

dulydude likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No, the Specops models are either a specops (using the extra, and building them on the army by using the "Specops" button near the "New Group" one, you can modify not only skills, but the attributes like CC, wounds... remember that current ITS limits them to 12 XP) or you used to be able to use them as the troop they "belong" to, in the case of the JSA specops as a Keisotsu (if you go, for example, to Haqquislam in the Army, you can make a choice of your Specops being either a Hafza, a Muyib, or a Ghulam), allowing them to link like their base troop.

However, this ITS (at least) the company has decided to allow any model to be used as anything, so you can use the Kaizoku as whatever you want (as long as you don't drive nuts other players, and it's perfectly clear what is what).

The campaign system dates to the previous edition of the game, and it is expected that it will be updated in the book with the main faction's new sectorials. You are correct, however, in assuming that it was a basic troop able to grow (however, considering that it could die while the campaign improvements to the army were persistent, few, if any, expended points on the Specops at all, preferring increasings in AVA, extra points, free Merc, always winning the Lt roll for initiative/deployment, etc...).

6. Brence

Brence New Member

Thanks for the explanation! Are those legal in tournaments then? I have been fiddling around with it and for a mere 9 points without swc I would get an HMG with a BS 11. Thats still not godlike but the no SWC seems weird?

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Instead of spending SWC, you have to spend XP. So they are very good but all players are on the same level (relatively) as you will all use the same allowed amount of XP. The TO will specify it. There are two options in ITS 9 : The SpecOp Extra allows 12XP and the Campaign Extra allows 7XP.

edit: in casual games, players can agree to an amount of XP to be used on your specop. I sometime played with 24XP.

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  8. Death

Death Well-Known Member

lol, I didn't even think about generic spec ops. Herp Derp.

9. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

They're legal in tournaments, as long as the tournament organizer declares "yes, this is a Spec Ops tournament."

In that case, all players are allowed to use one, customizing them as they see fit up to 12XP.

However, you do always need TO approval for tournaments, or opponent approval for friendly games. As you can see, you can fit a lot of weapons/equipment/rules into something that's very cheap, so you always want your opponent to be using a Spec Ops too in order to have a fair game.

Note, there's community speculation that the Spec Ops rules will be changed in the next year or two. Exact date is unknown, but these rules may alter how Spec Ops are configured and used in games.

For now, either check with your opponent before using him, or just use him as a cool universal proxy. I'll be using mine as a stand-in for Kempetai MSV2/Marksmen rifle until I can convert a model for the purpose.

#9 barakiel, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    xagroth, Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation