1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JSA armor tech: musings on past, present, future

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by barakiel, May 18, 2018.

1. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

HRMC

2. Dude

Dude Master in training

fark_zNQvYYXPFbTJu8yBRTaGTFA83hk.gif

grampyseer and loricus like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Yeah... Just because of its original design niche, the Daiyokai will probably be forever restricted to a hybrid choice. That isn't a bad thing... One thing I like about a functional 3 Wounds with high ARM is that it's largely immune to bad dice syndrome, which is actually a pretty big deal in a Sectorial where 40 points for a 1 Wound model seems reasonable, and most of the Heavy Infantry have caveats on what they can and can't do. I'm still not crazy about the Daiyokai as a unit for my own lists, but I recognize the value.

The Shikami's a really good point by the way, one I overlooked in my initial brainstorming about our heavy infantry systems. Obviously the tech there is good; great vertical mobility, plenty of bells and whistles with good PH and ODD, and the combination of AP + DA is a superior all-rounder when compared to Mono or DA on their own; nothing in the game wants to take that hit. I would have gladly given something up for superior horizontal mobility, but I can't fault CB for not wanting the Shikami to suddenly replace bikes and the O-Yoroi as the speedy aggression choice of the Sectorial.

Since my playstyle for JSA in its NA2 format seems to be focusing more on the clandestine units rather than the samurai units, it's really nice for the ninja to have an offering in the Heavy Infantry category. I also really like the lore concept that a ninja clan has the resource to R&D their own heavy infantry system. That's just cool.

loricus, ambisinister and Xeurian like this.
  4. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

loricus and ambisinister like this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The JSA definitely seems to be retaining the old YJ military sensibility of either you're very lightly equipped for reasons of stealth/speed/cost or you get powered armour. No MI to be seen here.

From a Sectoral design standpoint I feel like any more units will probably follow that mould. But they have 5 HI already, so if we do see more JSA troops I doubt they will be further HI development.

6. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Myself I got into JSA for the bikes, not the Samurai. I would love to see a heavy infantry biker. Stick a Domaru profile on a bike. I am not sure how you would load it out, and it would probably overlap with other things in the faction, but with a good sculpt, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Since PanO seems to be supplying JSA with gear, make a Domaru biker with Drop Bears profile. Or maybe MadTraps That sounds like a fun, crazy idea. Fair warning, I haven't thought any of this through, they might be total crap.

7. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

That would be absurdly scary - a domaru that can charge 14" into CC.

DEATH ON WHEELS.

8. RejjeN

RejjeN Active Member

Fuck yes! I also started JSA for the bikes, otherwise I'd likely have gone Nomads (Especially now after seeing Tunguska and their Szalamandra, those are some sexy models), so a Domaru(esque) Biker would be amazing! I do like the samurai too of course, just hard to fit them in with a bunch of bikes and required support elements xD

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You say that like it's a bad thing. :smiling_imp:

10. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

Not at all. My force could use some Takeda cavalry.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the 'Red Devils' of the Ii clan, but same difference.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

For me it's all about the samurai.

13. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

And now I want to see a bike+sidecar with a Domaru manning a pintle-mounted Feuerbach.
    (Low Tech A, 1 W on the bike profile and a base Domaru as the battle ravaged profile)

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation