1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It’s your list !

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Monster, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

literally a strawman. In fact, I stated the opposite.

so literally a safe space censorship “for the greater good”.

it’s honestly amazing to watch people use double think when describing their perverted sense of what freedom of speech is.

actually, yes. If you find someone distasteful, you use your freedom to call him an arsehole and block him. You are not entitled to shut down their right to speak to others in the basis of your grievances, as what you find offensive is a subjective matter.
    It’s staggering how few people understand this and openly adopt a totalitarian mindset.

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

why is this up for debate? there's clearly laid out forum rules?? calling someone a horrible name breaks them?

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

The demand to not be an absolute arsehole towards other users on a forum is "censorship", "double think" and "a totalitarian mindset".

You poor oppressed thing. Show us where good manners and basic human decency touched you.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@meikyoushisui

See this is why people find SJW insufferable.
    You take a word and become completely oblivious of how the context of the word is used.
    In the above context it was used as how NORMAL people understand the word, as in Nuada is basically a fucking idiot, who doesn’t understand half the things he pretends to lecture people about.
    NOWHERE was there any “racial” connotations.

5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Yes. The forum rules pretty clearly lay out that racist remarks, for example, aren't tolerated.

It's a forum where a bunch of adults to discuss how they build, paint, and play with tiny metal toys -- I'm pretty okay with rules that help ensure it is a "safe space" for everyone who wants to post here. If I want to get slurs yelled at me, I'll visit home for Thanksgiving.

So just to confirm, the defense you are offering is that it wasn't a racial slur, but instead slurring people with mental disabilities? I just want to make sure my understanding is perfectly clear.

You don't get to make the decision about whether the term is or isn't embroiled in a century of racist connotations -- it is, as a matter of fact. Those connotations exist whether you believe in them or not, and when you use those words, you are indexing them, whether intentionally or not.

RobertShepherd and Stiopa like this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@meikyoushisui

Why are you being dumb about this?

there are racial connotations to word “boy”
    The context of words matters 100% in language, because otherwise everyone will add meaning to sentences that isn’t there, just so you can justify your political correct tone policing.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

We are discussing the term Freedom of Speech, not forum guidelines. Otherwise the constant mentioning of government regarding Freedom Of Speech, is simply dumb to be honest.

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Lmao. The eternal martyr calls others oppressed.
    :joy:

9. Nuada Airgetlam

@psychoticstorm @Koni @ijw
    Are you guys really going to tolerate direct insults and this insane bigotry on this Forum?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Maybe if you actually took steps to enforce the forum's clearly and explicitly laid out rules stating that "Offensive, insulting, discriminatory, racist, sexist or aggressive posts will not be tolerated" then posters would be able to report posts that break the rules with confidence that action would be taken, rather than certain posters being able to use racial slurs without any repercussions and other posters then having to actually stand up and tell them it's not acceptable.

I assume Zewrath (or whatever his name is, he's been on ignore for me for a long time and will always remain so) is using racial slurs and screaming about his free speech to do so, and people are justifiably unhappy about this. The rules are very clear that it is not within the boundaries of acceptable behaviour to do so however.

#70 Solar, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

In fact you're posting contradictory remarks, at the same time arguing that people should live with consequences of their "free speech", and criticising people who call the op out. Make up your mind.

Also, please learn what "totalitarian" means. Because with an approach like that you're likely to call rules of the road totalitarian as well. After all, no one should dictate to us what side of the road we should drive on, or if we're driving under influence or not. Our cars, our lives, our choice, right?

12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Yeah, the context of you using a word that is a slur for people with mental disabilities as an insult meaning "stupid", which means using the slur to slur others as the thing it slurs. It's a slur being used to slur, plain and simple. The line you used it in basically boiled down to "how could you not know this thing I assume is basic knowledge, you slur".

If "please don't use slurs" is tone policing (it's not, but let's say for the sake of argument that it is), I am okay with that flavor of tone policing on an internet forum where a bunch of adults discuss building, painting, and playing with tiny metal toys.

13. Monster

Monster Well-Known Member

So this is exciting exploring free speech and all. Not really the forum for this kind of stupidity

I will however post a new review most likely tomorrow

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Being on the spectrum or whatever doesn't give you a free pass at a barely conveyed attempt of pretending to be a basic human being, no matter if it makes sense in your brain or not. That's the point of being polite, sucking it up for the sake of human interaction and don't call out everyone all the time for disagreeing with you or having different standards.

Hit your report buttons on @Monster if you feel strongly about it and move on.
    No reason to encourage going all SJW reeeee about it eitrher. I can deal with an idiot, everyone can, what's not okay is ganging up on the idiot, pulling the nazi and racist card and padding yourself on the shoulder for it.
    That's in no way shape or form any better.
    How about sticking to the program and keep trying to rehabilitate the guy, you know actually making an effort?
    But someone would have had to ban @Nuada Airgetlam months ago if we actually enforced forum rules somewhat strictly. The guy constantly reaches for personal insults of the questionable kind.
    While I'm not so sure anyone would mind and I'd personally call good ridance, I don't think we should.

@Monster little advice buddy, this isn't an FSK18 forum, more euphemisms, less garbage bin language.
    You're free to write whatever you want, but very much accountable for taking it too far if you have any intention to make this start to go anywhere productive.
    You got your red text, you'll eventually get that actual ban, it takes a good bit to get there, but you will.

15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Hitting the report button would be good advice if the report button resulted in actual action being taken by the moderation staff

I feel that CB is underserved by allowing people to come on their forum and use that kind of language and slur and no action be taken

And yes I do feel that some people who I share various views with are outside of appropriate behaviour on these forums. I think they'd behave much more appropriately if the moderation staff took steps towards them as well.

17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It literally is though.

Never happened in this thread. Which is why it's annoying @meikyoushisui is pretending I did

@Solar
    I believe you blocked me because I called you a totalitarian nutjob

I mean, here you are OPENLY justifying the use of violence against people you disagree with:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threa...-symbol-on-its-patch.37506/page-4#post-349662

Read the link above, the one YOU liked. That's a totalitarian nutjob talking.

Anyways, this thread bores me and as is tradition, any thread @Nuada Airgetlam enters goes haywire.

LaughinGod and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You can just read the OP and know where this thread was headed.

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah it was pretty evident. What is a shame is that the response to it cannot be "okay I'll report that" because nothing gets done

20. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, time to update the Ignore list, I guess.

RobertShepherd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation