1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB, does the Volkolak profile REALLY need a hate symbol on its patch?

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Double post... stupid Jabber...

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  2. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

I just believe in people's right to peacefully assemble and express their opinion, whatever it is. That mean yes nazis can parade around with their dumb bullshit, but also yes, peoples can also counter protest to tell them how shit they are. As long as there is no physical violence involved what's the problem with that? You'll know who are the nazis, you'll know who to avoid and on top of that they'll look absolutely retarded to 99.99% of the rest of the peoples watching. And the same applies to communists, religious groups or any sort of opinion, good or bad.

What's the alternative? Do you think they'll stop if you yell at them or throw rocks and molotovs? Kill them? Put them in re-education clockwork Orange Style? Put them in camps and work them to death and sell their organs like a certain country does with its dissidents?

And beside, who decide what's acceptable speech or not? If it's the government do you really want it to have that kind of power? What will happen if the acceptable speech changes and suddenly you're on the bad side even though your ideas didn't change?

But yeah if you disagree with this, well, we're never going to agree indeed.

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Frankly, it's cool that you can just pretend that the Old West wasn't a shit time and that Desperados aren't a shit concept based upon the pretty shit treatment that the whites had of the tribes.

It's why I will never buy a single Desperado, will never buy a single Hardcase, and will never buy Wild Bill. It's also why I will continue to insist that those things were just added as a "Hurr hurr hurr we kno histories!" thing.

4. kanluwen

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because the metal band thing totally makes it all good...

For the record, is this the band you're talking about?
    [​IMG]
    Because this is all I can find on Volkolak.

PS:
    They're apparently big on Nationalist and White Supremacist ideology. Soooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. Man did your example backfire.

SockLobster and Solar like this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

1) That's a nice thought, but it turns out that actually when you let Nazis and Fascists out to spread lies and filth they do in fact grow in power and such, rather than get mocked. See; Mussolini, Hitler, Franco, Trump... Etc. So no I don't believe you should be allowed to peacefully assemble and call for race war or genocide or apartheid or whatever. And yes I totally believe violence is 100% justified against these people if they come out and say that.

2) Ahhhh the old censorship classic. What we're talking about in this thread is not what you're allowed to say, I don't think that outside of small concerns re. German law anyone is saying CB couldn't use that symbol (and turns out those concerns are largely misplaced I see). People have just asked for consideration and thought. And you're allowed to do that. And you're allowed to be offended by the use of language! If you asked me over for tea and I called your mother a bitch to her face, you'd be dreadfully offended and rightfully so. It's not illegal, it's just rude and offensive. It's not censorship to say "you probably shouldn't do that" it's basic empathy and decency. Taking care not to be needlessly rude and offensive is actually what grown adults do, despite what idiots online might think about tough guys saying whatever the fuck they want, that people consider how others think of them is in fact the basis for society functioning. And so we are back at the point in which we might wish to have a reasoned debate, without people shouting about whatever buzzword reactionary complaint they have to the OP and then getting upset when they aren't agreed with or taken seriously.

6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I dont pretend anything of the sort and I'm fully aware of all of that, but here comes the kicker: None of that matters in fiction. I can enjoy Warhammer 40k, despite it being based on fascists, xenophobes and space crusaders, so I can also enjoy the Desperado.

If your reality is so strictly encroaching on what kind of fiction you can enjoy, that's your prerogative, but don't assume it to be a reasonable or morally superior position to have.

7. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

Alright, so... I'll bow out of this one, not because i'm conceding the argument, but because i believe you are absolutely unhinged and there is nothing i can say that will be satisfying for either of us. So... farewell. Nothing of value was lost there.

8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I wonder when are we gonna ask for the Lawkeeper to be banned because it's based on Judge Dredd, a pretty obvious fascist at the service of a police state (nevermind it being a satirical take on Thatcher's government at the times, just like Warhammer 40k). Probably Judge Dredd wouldn't be published today because it would offend people.

SKOZZOKONZ and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

"I haven't lost the argument you're absolutely unhinged" lads, that's a new one

10. kanluwen

You know that Judge Dredd is still published today, right?

SockLobster likes this.
  11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm totally fine with the Dredd inspiration because the source material is satirical, and nobody could reasonably be offended by Judge Dredd. Also Judge Dredd is published today.

12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yes, I know.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Were you trying to make a joke my friend

14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Yes it's this band

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. M.J.

M.J. New Member

one of Волколак album's cover

Attached Files:

Wizzy likes this.
  16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

... The band who are into White Supremacy?

SockLobster likes this.
  17. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

apparently half of this forum are nazi sympathisers and it's creepy af

symbol doesn't look much like a nationalist one imo, but nuada still has a point and corvus have been historically pretty tone deaf with other far right symbols/unit names

#77 SockLobster, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  18. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I don't listen to metal and I don't speak Russian but that's what the websites say.
    After maybe the russians are now ns, need to see the fluff.

19. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I think there's a big difference between an explicit reference like the confederate flag, and seeing a reference where no-one has been able to find anything close that specific symbol used by NN. (all the NN triskeles I've seen are open, not closed like the symbol)

I agree that many of the USARF references are awkward, or possibly too obscure like the Merri's Marauders, but several parts of the game's story are explicitly based on sneaking in historical or pop-culture references. The unit that started this argument might be led into battle by William Wallace!

Barrogh and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I will agree that I've never seen that specific triskele in use and I've researched a lot of such things.

Incidentally if you search Google for "straight triskele" you get a lot of bongs. If I get an email for my Google searches on a work computer I'm blaming you lot :joy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation