1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB aware of the requirements to declare Reset?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, May 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I hope you do realise you completely missed his point.

Also, 'nobody complained about Emily'. What rock have you been living under?

BLOODGOD, daboarder, Hecaton and 3 others like this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

No I did not miss his point LGL spam is not as amazing in reality as it sounds on paper as is with most things people foam over.

And yes, somebody, somewhere, somehow, has complained about something, I do not see the big threads of doom and gloom about Emily.

On the other hand SpecOps can bring odd combinations to the table and especially in tournament format it can be worrisome.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. inane.imp

Yeah, that wasn't his point at all.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

Should be a comma, his point is the Jammer must be killed with LGL and I said LGL are not as powerful as people think.

What is your problem exactly?

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Aren't you allowed to ALWAYS declare reset in ARO ?

6. inane.imp

I don't even know where to begin with that.

Hecaton and Mahtamori like this.
  7. inane.imp

No. See the rest of this thread for explanations.

Hecaton likes this.
  8. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

God damn it psychotic: jammers! jammers are the problem. They are stupidly powerful and unbalanced. The fact that later policy in game design has been to increase their presence and availability in the tables but just for a few factions it doesn't help. The fact that Spec Ops of two factions can access jammer in a cheap profile, furthermore that profile can join a link team, with the unfair/unfun consequences the interaction between link team bonuses and that weapon generate, just makes things worse. People are seriously wondering if Spec Ops rules were tested and how much damage they will to a supposed highly competitive event as is the Interplanetario.

9. psychoticstorm

You should, but it is not allowed by the rules, SSL2 hackers are bigger problems than Jammers though.

@Janzerker Jammers are an interesting tool that splits community quite drastically some are like in this thread saying they are too powerful others say what is the fuss about them.

Definitely no middle ground.

10. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

The ones using them will be the ones saying there's no reason for the fuss. Let's not be disingenuous here.

But hey, I play haqq too, so I guess I'll cheese my way along and shrug it off :P

Hecaton and Savnock like this.
  11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It's not an I win button. It's pretty awesome though. In a sense I feel like jammers are fine but only on the right profile. Hecklers and Zulu Cobras are not a problem on the tabletop.

12. psychoticstorm

Not necessarily, I see a lot of variance between local meta and opinions form one to another vary to almost the opposite directions.

I see communities were AD3+ is considered useless and communities were they think it is quite broken, same with Jammers.

In my opinion Jammers response varies with local community, how many and often are used, how much normalisation there is in the community and how effectively they have been countered, player skill on the Jammer playing players versus the other players play a role as does the expectancy of them.

Filtering the opinion for each skill and equipment (and profile really) is an interesting and complicated process.

Bobman, A Mão Esquerda and JoKeR like this.
  13. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

totaly agreed with @psychoticstorm
    I cant see how one jammer, even disguised with holoprojector, on a tropper in deployment zone could be win game button.
    defensive measures for your link against assassins/AD troops? yes.
    but it last i will use in offence combat.

xammy and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I've found at least one without looking too hard for it ( https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/em-grenade-launcher-sucks-and-here-is-why.27194/ ) and I remember reading a LOT of posts about it when starco and druze were released last year.

Saying there hasn't been any complaint about it is, as @inane.imp put it, living under a rock.

inane.imp, Hecaton and theradrussian like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

Or you can assume it as either a hyperbole, or discussing LGLs in general, or that the volume of posts and their longevity in comparison to other issues was not that significant.

But the "you are ignorant" assumption was chosen...

I have said it a lot of times but attitude does affect feedback assimilation a lot.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Regardless of what your views are, it's uninteractive and that's bad for a game. Isn't that why you guys changed how attacking from camo worked compared to N2?

inane.imp, Hecaton and Savnock like this.
  17. psychoticstorm

Been shot by LGL? that's why we gave dodge at -3.

18. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

No, LGLs are not as bad as this @psychoticstorm . You get to react to an LGL, and it's Burst 1.If you're in a link, you can even Dodge it without the -3.

Linked Jammers in their reactive turn give you no chance to Reset because of the way Reset's conditions to declare work. That's a normal roll on a B2 WIP 17 or higher attack that doesn't require LoF

Oh, and which Haqq can do with a guy who was holo-ed as something else so you don't anticipate it. And you can't pick it off because you're not sure which guy it is.

This is broken.

Zewrath, inane.imp, toadchild and 5 others like this.
  19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Not sure if the rest of you didn't read the original post, but we are not talking about basic Jammers here (which I think are already a bit too powerful, but can be countered).

A Jammer in a link can wait to declare its ARO until after your second skill. You cannot declare Reset until you have been attacked, even in your active turn. So a Jammer in a reactive link always gets to declare unopposed Jammer attacks against anything inside ZoC.

And they are B2 +3 WIP.

And Haqq can hide them under Holo 1 to boot.

This is broken.

20. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

@Janzerker nails it. Jammers in a link are game-breaking.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation