1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I join JSA

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Manfred_VR, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

So, after a month full of indecision, I decided to leave (for now) the Jade Empire just to start this peculiar new/old army. The big box is coming along with two shikami, any tips for my future purchases?
    I've a good base of YJ and thanks to this 2 REMs are ready to join my crazy business xD.

It's an interesting army and has a playstyle completely different from my others, this is maybe the main reason why I chose it, for now it's very hard to build balanced lists, I still have to get the hang of it, but something nice came out.
    Cheap HIs and TO Camo killers are amazing but it's really difficult to make them coexist.

2. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Welcome to our ranks Manfred_VR.

The obvious choice to add after that would be a Box of Domarus, the Tankos once they are out, and unless you already have them from your Yu Jing times, a Ninja or two. The Tokusetsu Butai Support box (like all support boxes really) will always be worth it as well.

I personally LOVE Yojimbo, so getting that beutiful cheap beast wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to use both cheap HI and TO Camo Killers in the same list, JSA is easily capable of playing without HI or even without TO Camo units, even more so with the Ryuken and new fireteams now.

3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

JSA has hands down some of the best characters in the game. invest in them.

I find myself taking Neko as my go-to LT.

4. Manfred_VR

Thanks for the welcome, this is, till now, my 6th army, this year will be very profitable, thank goodness that Infinity is my only hobby and wargame xD.
    Anywya, thanks also for the tips, characters are amazing and Oyama is omnipresent in my lists, but my favourite is Saito.
    I saw that keisotsu swc box is coming, so, another one to the list, in my next order I was thinking of including it together with Tanko & Domaru ones.
    Yojimbo is very useful, it's a mobile smoke grenade launcher platform, in an army dedicated to melee it's a must have.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Shinobu, Saito, and Yojimbo are all good to have. I will note that the Nakadai model from the Outrage box makes an excellent Saito proxy, if you don't like Saito's sculpt. The rest of the Outrage box is good for StarCo.

I'd get the Domaru box and the Tanko box next, that link team is brutal. I often proxy Oyama with the dual-wielding boxset Domaru, since the Oyama sculpt is small. You can even do a DoTanko link with an O-Yoroi at 300pts:

[​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Spitfire / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Flammenspeer, Contender / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] O-YOROI AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Engineer gets the helperbot to fix glue and EM, hacker casts Fairy Dust to protect the HI. Doctor prays. And then you curbstomp almost everything in a Direct Action game.

Death and Abrilete like this.
  6. Manfred_VR

My first idea was to play a full HIs link, I've experience with MO and It seems a safer approach to this new army for me, but I'm also fascinated by many other units, there're really a lot of possible link in JSA and with many different options, a Domaru in a Keisotsu link is amazing, but unfortunately, in my lists, I'm struggling to find a place for the Shikami.

7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

The full HI pain train is a pretty easy to use but effective piece. The Shikami used to be my go to for a overall solid rambo piece. Fantastic in Limited Insertion, as he can push a button, lock down a zone, kill an HVT, or eliminate any mid board threats with ease.

that being said, I'm currently distracted by all of our new toys. He certainly takes some practice and careful planning to use. I would recommend the combi profile as he's a monster in suppressive.

Manfred_VR likes this.
  8. Manfred_VR

Yes, JSA has many new amazing toys, Shikami is an excellent DataTracker and I agree with you, the combi version is better.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation