Between going on holiday and then catching from being on holiday there's been another rather big gap, but this evening I got some more drilling done on the apartment building. After my order for 250 2x1mm magnets turned up... That's five balconies done with another seven to do, plus something on the ends of the two 'bridge' floors. Drill drill drill, magnet magnet magnet... On the top you can see the first bit of sanding prior to undercoating. The magnets are 2x1mm and I used a 1.9mm drill bit which just happens to make the holes a snug push-fit for the magnets, no glue needed. I still need to drill four holes on the 'bridge' floors and cut/drill a bunch more balcony pieces but a big chunk of the magnetisation is done. Then I'll need to add some rectangle to the front of each floor for doorways. I do need to cut out a few more balconies... Meanwhile, while passing the newsagents I saw this attached to a magazine: As you can see from the curious crowd of spectators it caused a lot of curiosity! Open the packaging and it's a 1/72nd diecast Chinook: This will get the same matte varnish and weathering technique as the monster dump truck and'll make a great addition to any Ariadna base. Possibly getting involved in custom missions as well... Having grabbed a bit of time here and there between Autumn Challenge preparations, I got the Chinook varnished and weathered/shaded. It doesn't show up too well in the photo but here's the untouched side followed by the done side: It's more visible in close-up: Plus a touch of rust on the rotor hub, done by blobbing some foundation orange into the recesses and then wiping most of it off with a tissue: Finished: Since that photo it's had a gloss varnish and another matte varnish to protect it during play and storage.