Last year I started a custom Aristeia! board, and slowly worked towards a fully working colour-changing monstrosity. The first step (before even planning the board) was making some walls and obstacles. After some quick tests with pipes and a jungle Paradiso feel, I ended up planning hexagonal obstacles, because hexagons. Blu-tacked together: These ended up being made from five 'layers': Magnetic sheet on the bottom, 30mm thin MDF hexagon, Plastic till roll cut down to half-length, A second 30mm hexagon, A 20mm hexagon on the top. There was also some foamed PVC to fill the gaps for the multi-hex walls.