1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the process and conclusion of "backdoor" improve your Infinity experience?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Plebian, Apr 3, 2018.

?

How do you feel about Backdoor

1. I have a favorable opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. I have an unfavorable opinion

63 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. I have no opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. I do not know what that is

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It's not a fight you should be interested in continuing, the prediction of how bad the events in Uprising were portrayed and how unlikely they seem given what has already been written about the universe, plus the poor taste of having the Chinese conducting war crimes against the civilians of a besieged imperial Japanese City were all predicted with clairvoyant accuracy at the first ENOUGH teaser. Vindication is stacking up as more and more posters get their hands on the book.

2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

My fave this season is being unable to target single combat group armies with the CP to deny 2 orders.

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Lets not go this way again shall we?

@paraelix That and fatality on TAGs.

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The Fatality on TAGs is a couple things - I like what it does gameplay-wise. In the Infinity ruleset, +1 Damage is pretty significant boost.

It also just makes logical sense. There's no way the things that Geckos carry should deal the same amount of damage as the peashooters Alguaciles carry.

But as far as B4ckd00r itself... very lacking.

The first and biggest problem is that it was a NEGATIVE-SUM GAME. Nobody could really "win"... only lose. And some factions (CA, artichokes, mercs) could not lose, period, and everyone else could. That *will* motivate people, but it will not make people excited. Only stressed. I think a better way to do things would be to have had some sort of O-12 alien hunter merc available, like the ALIVE crew, for the duration, and then have the winning faction get them as a merc. Perhaps have just the last-place faction lose a character if you want to do that.

The other issue is that it was very poorly explained. I still have no idea what the web of contacts mean, as I guess nobody thought to actually finish that bar and "reveal the CA contact."

Dragonstriker, xagroth and Shiwen like this.
  5. paraelix

Yes, actually, it's been my first time using a bunch of them. And, honestly, when TAG weapons are the size of TAGs, they need to be a bit better than the guns normal, puny humans can carry around.

Danger Rose and oldGregg like this.
  6. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I also rather like Kidnapping more than Retroengineering, i just wish Army actually printed the troop classifications.

7. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It gets a bit sillier when the TAG variant of a weapon is the size of a person but somehow still no more powerful before the Fatality buff - which may well vanish. And identical to a regular variant of the weapon, just bigger.

Looking at you, Geckos.

I mean, even Fatality doesn't really justify why you've got those giant combi-rifles.

Are all combi-rifles made that big and then shrink in the wash, is that it?

It probably should given that troop classification has started being used for scenario bonuses more, but it's otherwise a bit pointless as a stat in many cases without them. Yeah, in some cases it's a fluff tip about what role these units play, it's a guide to what to expect from them on the table, but the difference between a garrison and line troop doesn't have a real bearing on the game right now, does it?

xagroth and the huanglong like this.
  8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Figners crossed fatality on TAGs stays in the ITS rules until N4 where it's built into the TAG troop type.

9. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

like pilots its very likely Fat1 stays on TAGs end of season

10. paraelix

And same with the single combat group one :D I like not being penalised for taking a focussed group. Easy for me to lose track of my stuff when I have 14-18 models on the board - and I generally find it impossible to keep track of my opponent's order expenditure with more than 1 group... I just assume they know what they're doing and aren't cheating ;)

themadcelt and Shiwen like this.
  11. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Sick burn, mate.

the huanglong likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

Well, we can only see how this evolved and improve upon it.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think I read a post by Hellois in which he said that the players "almost" managed to unlock the 100% of the bar. However, until that point, after the finish of b4ckd00r, I had no idea about how the bar progressed and I thought it was about real time...

I would bet that yeah, they are first made TAG-size, then after the first wash they go to S5, then S2 men, then S2 women.. I mean, the Al Fasid SMG is quite big, the MK5 proxy is smaller... and Bit's is almost a gun with a bigger drum magazine (granted they are all from different armies. Mk5's is, however, bigger than the Thorakitai's one, which is by itself quite big).

Balewolf, Del S and Abrilete like this.
  14. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I enjoyed backd00r, but CB has had a reoccurring theme of making too-vague explanations of events, or objectives, and then providing even more vague direction (such as the percentage bars, I tracked those things all quarter and could not figure out what in the world they were for...). This issue of communications was egregious in Wotan, and bad in this. While I do agree that CB can keep some of the cards to their chest (as they should) it seems they keep too many cards to their chest and do not accurately or articulately explain what happens. I think their mediums of communications are good. They post both on their pages and on Facebook. I think they should make a dedicated spot in the forums for CB news though. With three vehicles of information, and the Forums being available to all players if they don't want to use facebook, then GETTING the information out is not an issue, it is the meat of the news that is important after that.

15. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I liked b4ckd00r. Was checking the progress once a day. A friend of mine even started to buy one-shots to become part of the event.

You can win / you can loose? Yes, but it is not that much at stake - just enough to become invested. No-one is really that much of a heavyweight-player, that he/she can alter the outcome only by him-/herself. It's more like watching sports - and I was rooting for my team. Liked it.

Of course I would have liked to get more information on what is going on, but I am fine with background and fluff. I don't need to get the formula of how everything’s calculated. It even adds to the thrill, that no one can game the system. Everyone involved is just playing along and it will lead to some event that changes a little something - for an undefined while.

I absolutely adore the developing story of Infinity and the changes that come with it. Things happen and I have to cope with it. I like the ITS-Seasons, the narrative BoW Campaigns and those special things like b4ckd00r or the sanctioned bounty hunters. The miniatures, that became obsolete are a bit sad, that is why I asked for legacy-profiles (here). Maybe they come (making every witness to history immortal), maybe not. The collector in me would appreciate it.

Cothel likes this.
  16. Hecaton

I hope that's the case. It seems like CB listens the most to people who tell them that everything they do is perfect.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. psychoticstorm

It is a false assumption, but I can understand why one can easily be lead to it, also please be certain that regardless of what is discussed, we try to convey your opinions as best as we can.

18. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I mean they're rapidly changing behavior but I can't read minds so maybe it's because they think they're perfect.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. Hecaton

I'd be extremely happy to be proven wrong.

psychoticstorm likes this.
  20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

...I wish more people got Haris. I wish more people got mixed links. I wish TAGs were better. I wish 1 CG lists weren't so punished...
    I wish *something not resolved yesterday* how can CB let this slide they don't care about us.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation