Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

With the Wildcat done, my little excursion into Corregidor comes to a close. So to celebrate, here's a group pic of the list I intend to play (minus a bot or two). McMurrough is another recently finished mini. You can see more of him here.

[​IMG]

#521 burlesford, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So beautiful! Have you been able to play the spite list?

burlesford likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is really nice thought now the Mobile Brigada stands out a lot.

burlesford likes this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you. Unfortunately not. Our first is due any day now, so playing games is on hold for the moment :)

You think? I thought that with enough orange on the Intruder, Wildcat and Tomcat it would still feel coherent. Also the Tinbot and Crazykoalas are still orange as well.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It has no Blue to blend it with the rest, on the other hand the Evader has no Orange.

6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That is intentional. My scheme philosophy is that the more armored a unit is, the more uniform the color becomes. That's why my first Evader was all orange like the MB. I just didn't want to paint him the exact same twice.

Anyway, I've started tackling my remaining Bakunin backlog. Still have the Expansion Pack Alpha, a second Sin-Eater sniper, Robin Hook, and a Stigmaton left.

And until last night, the Illuminatrix:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Wonderful paintjob! I still think her armor and pose is a bit goofy, but I like your cape and tone better than the official one ^^

burlesford likes this.
  8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

The way you tied the subtler tones of her cape into the very-unnatural tone of whatever's in her hypo-gun is really cool. Way to exercise subtlety and good taste in what could be a garish palette. Really excellent work as always!

burlesford likes this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

She's definitely goofy, but that's what I like about her. Not too many goofy models around these days anymore :)

Thank you! ... I guess XD That was definitely not intentional. The olive is just part of my Observance color scheme, and the yellow-green is my standard Nomad OSL color. They do work well together though.

While we're at it, here's another Observance project finished – my Stigmaton conversion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I already said in the original conversion post, I wanted my Stigmaton to look more like the original artwork than the actual model does:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The actual CCW conversion had two reasons: One, I hated that ugly sword, and two, the Stigmata have E/M CCWs, so I wanted to give mine something that better represents that. Here are some more close ups of the weapon and some of the freehands:

[​IMG]

I entered him into the latest Bromad Academy painting contest. The competition is fierce, so I don't expect to come out on top. It was more opportunism than anything anyway, since I merely noticed that he fit the contest requirements by chance, and I had him finished in time to send him in. Let's see.

10. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Nice work! Even just the repose of the gun arm makes this look so much cooler.

burlesford likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you. The one advantage of Siocast is that it makes conversions like these a lot easier.

I keep working through my Observance backlog. Here's the first of three from the Expansion Pack Alpha – the Orphan with Multi Marksman Rifle (aka, what a Rounder would like to be):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are the two Orphans side by side:

[​IMG]

#531 burlesford, Apr 5, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    Wizzy, RolandTHTG, Brokenwolf and 8 others like this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Next up, the Initiated Observants. I converted these so they resemble the loadouts they're actually using. The KHD model for example switched heads with the BSG model and got an SMG to represent the minelayer with dep. rep. loadout:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The BSG on the other hand simply received the Hacker head to have one model for ll three BSG loadouts. If you ask me, that's how CB should have done it in the first place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group pic of the sisters:

[​IMG]

13. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Could not agree more! Nice conversion I was kinda lazy / hat not the parts to convert mine. Where you took the SMG from?

burlesford likes this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks! The SMG is a 3D print :)

archon likes this.
  15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Next up is a second Sin-Eater with Multi Sniper Rifle. This is the second time I acquired, converted, and painted this model. The first time, I gave him a combi rifle and made him pretend to be a Moran (back when they hadn't been resculpted yet).

This time, he gets to stay a Sin-Eater at least, but with the Bakunin update, the only profile that makes sense putting into lists is the MSR, so I used an old Nomad MSR and pinned the barrel and scope to the HMG body, respectively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the two bad boys together:
    [​IMG]

16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

After just three years, I was finally given a good reason to paint this model – the good reason being getting paid to do so. Because Reverend Healers are useless profiles and I already had one, I originally had no need for her. But the client I'm selling my Bakunin to asked me to add her to the collection, so here she is :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I now (very briefly) have two of them, here they are side by side:

[​IMG]

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Here's my final Observance model for now, the Daemonist Observant. More precisely, her Decoy, since I will be painting the official model once it's out.

I built this out of my already painted CCW Moira and a 3D print from Epic Miniatures. Officially, it's a "Deep One" (some kind of water creature), but painted in black and red I thought it would pass as a demoness just as well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

And here's my last Bakunin model (for now), Robin Hook. Had a lot of fun going after the studio scheme with her for a change:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#538 burlesford, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Alright, time for the group shot of my Observance and some farewell action shots.

After having built up my Bakunin to a full 40 model army, someone on facebook was looking to buy a high-quality painted army. That's when I realized that Bakunin never was a passion project of mine, but more of a sidegrade that got out of hand. So, after we had agreed on a price, I decided to sell another Nomad sectorial. Last week I played a final 400pt farewell game with only Observance models, which was a lot of fun. I won't miss them, however, I have more than enough other armies :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To round things off, here's a little battle report:

Frontline (400 pts)

Bakunin

[​IMG]

Basically, I just chucked in as many Observance models as possible into my list and decided to think about link teams later. What I ended up with was a Haris made out of the Penitent, the Orphan MMR, and Agatha; a 3-man core consisting of the two Cenobites and the Moira, and the by now famous Stigmaton-Orphan Engineer duo.

White Banner

[​IMG]

My friend, who graciously agreed to a 400pt game with his White Banner, just brought as many fun pieces as he could fit into this big pile of points. Essentially, that came out to a mirror-build to mine: Like me, he brought a TAG, an S5 HI, and a bunch of big scary pieces, namely two Daofei. His fireteams consisted of a Liang Kai Haris with two Shaolin, and a 3-man core with the Haetae, the Jujak, and the Dokkaebi.

Roll off
    I won the Lt roll and chose deployment, because I wanted to see how well my Sineaters held up in ARO. My opponent chose to go first and deployed quite aggressively, and I took two orders from his first combat group.

Top of turn 1 – White Banner
    Seeing my two Sineaters covering both sides of the table, my friend activates his Blue Wolf and straight up puts the first Sineater unconscious, using only 2 orders. Then he moves the TAG to the other side and kills the second one with three more orders. He only lost a single firefight against both (taking one wound in total), but all that maneuvering cost him his entire first turn, and he didn't manage to kill anything else. So, I guess the Sineaters did okay, even though I had hoped for more. In his second combat group, he just positions his monks a bit.

Bottom of turn 1 – Bakunin
    My first turn, I throw smoke with the Morlocks and shoot down one of his Long Ya as well as his TR bot with the MSV2 MMR Orphan. Freaking love that profile. I then move the same link (Orphan, Penitent, Agatha) over to the other side and put a wound on his Haetae before I eventually run out of orders. In my second group, the Stigmaton runs forward and isolates his Blue Wolf. That takes up all my orders, however, because my opponent smartly put his stupid QAZ zone right in front the alley I need to go through to get to his Blue Wolf, and I can't bypass it. The Stigmaton even takes a wound...

Top of turn 2 – White Banner
    In his second turn, my opponent uses his isolated TAG's two orders to shoot down my Stigmaton, but gets flamethrowered to unconscious in the process (together with an unlucky Shaolin, who gets caught under the template). In response, the Ye Mao climbs up and engineers the TAG back up, which also gives him his first (and last) classified. He then reveals his Spitfire Daofei and uses it to kill my MMR Orphan, who hadn't had enough orders to reach safety and had been left out on ARO. Finally, the second haris'd Shaolin coup de graces my Stigmaton off the table, before my friend passes turn.

Bottom of turn 2 – Bakunin
    The first thing I do in my turn is try to doctor one of the Sineaters back up with Agatha. I need a 17 – and roll a 20, which is all she ends up doing the entire game. Then it's the Penitent's turn. She runs up solo and takes almost all of my group 1 orders to put down the Haetae, but only manages one wound before he goes prone. She attempts to do the same to the Blue Wolf, but dies in the process. So, I reveal my Initiate and use her SMG to successfully surprise shot the Wolf unconscious. This time, with his engineer still around the corner, I play it safe and use my NCO orders with the HMG Moira to finally put that stupid TAG all the way to dead.

Top of turn 3 – White Banner
    In his last turn, my friend decides that he needs to score, so he just runs stuff forward. His Haetae takes a firefight against my Orphan Engineer, who I left watching a corner I thought was safe, but miraculously, she survives and guts into total cover. Not much else happens, which means he doesn't kill anything else of mine.

Bottom of turn 3 – Bakunin
    It's my last turn, and I'm behind on points. I decide it's time for my lucky Orphan Engineer to shine even more. She manages to do the one remaining classified I was able to do, then goes on to survive every single incoming shot against her. Next, I eventually activate the Daemonist. She moves up and kills Liang Kai, scoring me points in my zone as well. Finally, I manage to kill the Haetae with my link and throw the Reverend link forward as far as I can. With my last order, I kill one more of his Shaolin Monks, but in doing so, my HRL Cenobite (who had already lost a wound), takes a template to the face, and with the very last armor saving (and dice) roll of the game, I roll a 5 and lose her. Time to calculate the score.

Result
    We both have one classified and dominate our nearest sectors, but because of my dead Cenobite and his two living Daofei, he dominates the middle zone and therefore wins 4-2. Had the Cenobite passed her armor save and lived, I would have had 3 more points in the middle zone and the score would have been the other way around :D

Very fun game, especially since almost every piece of mine got to do something, which was all I wanted. Now to pack them up and ship them off.

#539 burlesford, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  20. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

You have some nice terrain pieces. Appreciate the batrep!

burlesford likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation