1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Baboons ass subtle lol!

Tbh not a fan of the old design which is odd since I usually like cheesecake minis.

yours are painted well as usual however

burlesford likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Could you point a finger at what it is exactly that makes them unattractive to you?

3. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Amen, brother. I am defnetly not a fan of the new headwear, the old one gave them more "mysterius religious warrioress"-vibes and less clichè Nuns-with-Guns.
    Unfortunatly my skills with greens/grey stuff is even worse than with the paintbrush, so I kept one of the new moiras for reference and be happy for the 3 i still own and love (plus 3 Kusanagis, 3 Costudiers and 2 healers, for I dont like the new mother theresa either)
    But anyways...

I know i repeat myself, but i like this green/bone-cream kombo very much. Very well done

burlesford likes this.
  4. archangeleong

Their baboon asses on display. Makes them look like monkeys on heat lol! (the N3 ones are however a little more tasteful than the originals, which are atrocious).

burlesford likes this.
  5. archangeleong

This:
    Moiras.jpg

equals this:
    Baboon ass.jpg

Once you see it it cant be unseen lol!

burlesford and Oni like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Gotta agree the N1 ones were just ridiculuos. The N2 ones, to me, while still a bit ridiculous, are mostly just sexy.

Thank you! I really like it myself. Now if only that cream color wasn't such a pain to paint...

anubis likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well, in any case, here's the third and last one. I know the box contained four, but the hacker not only looks dumb with that weird thing on her head, but doesn't even have a profile anymore, so I sold her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Sangarn, Uthoroc and 10 others like this.
  8. anubis

Oh, i feel that. I once painted a whole Space marine chapter in a half-parted Purple/cream color, why they are lovingly called "Milka Marines". But applying a clean cream-colored surface on an space marine is one thing. The same on a Rhino Tank ....thats close to inquisitorial torture.

FB_IMG_1693303465376.jpg

#468 anubis, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

lol, the Milka Marines. They look fabulous!

anubis likes this.
  10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Forgot to post the group shot. Here they are, all three Sororitas uuuuh Moiras:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#470 burlesford, Aug 31, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    redeemer, Uthoroc, Wizzy and 6 others like this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Back to the Action Pack with the Penitent Observant! While this big lady will likely see the least play out of all the minis in the box, she's still a badass sculpt.

Too bad she's in Siocast, it took some joy out of the painting process (as always). To mitigate my frustration and reduce painting time, I cut off both giant weapons she was carrying. If you're in a suit like this, why carry a giant gun instead of having it built into the suit? And her CC18 bog-standard CC weapon was imo better represented by a simple knuckleduster made from one of the Cenobite's headgear than her oversized Final Fantasy sword.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Croepoek, Sangarn and 16 others like this.
  12. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Excellent work on her! Love the "weaponless" conversion, and your color scheme is still very original and quite fitting the Observance.

burlesford likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Nearing the end of the Action Pack with the cool new Custodier. I don't know if I'll ever play both, but the new one looked too sweet to not paint her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a side-by-side of the old and the new one. Which one is your personal favorite? I actually find it hard to choose, but if you were to put a gun to my head, I think it would have to be the old one. She's just so classy.

[​IMG]

#473 burlesford, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    redeemer, Sangarn, zapp and 12 others like this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

And here are the last two – the Cenobites. While I love their poses and design, I did not have that much fun painting them. My cream-heavy color scheme for Bakunin gets really frustrating to paint on heavy infantry – VJ Ivory is not a fun color to do edge highlights with (and on these new sculpts there are just so many edges!). Also my brush was starting to give out, which makes everything more complicated. Happy to call these done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Lazy - and therefore great - idea with the knuckeduster! Also your great paint job almost motivates me to finish painting my Penitent

Also I wish the Cenobites' sword arm parts were made of the SioCast because the tin swords almost instantaneously lose their paint layer if accidentally bent

#475 Tristan228, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    burlesford likes this.
  16. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

And here's a side-by-side of the old and the new one. Which one is your personal favorite? I actually find it hard to choose, but if you were to put a gun to my head, I think it would have to be the old one. She's just so classy.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the old model too. More character I see in her design.

17. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

I like the old design too. More style and character.

burlesford likes this.
  18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! And yeah, the Cenobite's swords were a pain. I gave up trying to get them completely straight.

Anyway, here's the final group pic of my version of the Observance Action Pack. I had some fun with the composition. Spot the ten differences! :P

[​IMG]

redeemer, zapp, Law Dawg and 11 others like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

With the Action Pack done, there are only a few Observance minis left that I want to add to my collection. The new Expansion Pack with the Initiates and the Orphan MMR, a second Sin-Eater sniper, the Illuminatrix, and the Stigmaton.

Let's start with the last one. When I saw the Stigmaton concept, I was super hyped. Then I saw the much more boring pose of the actual model and was super disappointed.

[​IMG]

So at first I thought I just wouldn't get him and proxy him with the old Lizard instead. But since I like the design so much, I thought maybe I could make it work with some conversion shenanigans. Here's the result, including an improved CC weapon. Just need to fill in the gaps:

[​IMG]

I had similar issues with the Initiated Observants. To explain what I mean, here are the available profiles for them:

INITIATED (Parachutist) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    INITIATED (Parachutist, Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    INITIATED (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    INITIATED (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration, Minelayer) Submachine Gun ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 21)

So we have three BSG profiles, one of them a KHD, as well as a single SMG dep.rep. minelayer profile, which literally everyone takes. What did CB put in the box? A BSG and a KHD...

Another conversion it had to be. I swapped the heads so the BSG is also the KHD, and gave the original hacker an SMG.

[​IMG]

Finally, for the second Sin-Eater sniper, I got the one from the old Bakunin Starter (again) and simply turned his HMG into an MSR. Don't mind the second Feuerbach Karhu in that picture, she snuck into the wrong thread...

[​IMG]

20. anubis

Again and again i repeat myself, i realy love this color theme. Funny think is, that in direct comparison the older Custodier looks thinner and more fine in detail (thinner straps on her "belt" and the negalce for example) which seems funny since newer modells tend to be "finer". Not mentioned as critic, but just recognized it.
    And the old custodier is still one of the best infinity modells ever.

love this conversion. Loved it even more if CB would have done it that way. They had a nice looking artwork. They decided to make Stigmata a statue. Sad decission. Even more i like this conversion. can´t wait to see it painted =)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation