1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad – Ramah Taskforce going to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Splendid job!

However, technically, the weapon is a Haqq Mk12 (Khawarij mk12 has the same gun), and I wonder why have you kept the Blitzen in the other hand - Sniper Hortlak doesn't have one.
    But that's nitpicking.

burlesford likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Ah, thanks for the correction. As for why I kept the Blitzen: Because it's a minimum effort conversion :grimacing:

Alright, we're ready for the grand finale. Here's my last RTF mini, the Al Fasid, painted like a Sith Trooper:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Wizzy, kesharq and 9 others like this.
  3. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

It's the same Al Fasid as you posted a few days ago, or did you accidentally posted the same photos again?

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Lol, I thought I hadn't posted him yet. You're totally correct, it's a double post.

Anyway, let's do the true grand finale then: My Ramah Taskforce is finished, so it deserved a group shot. Here are two, one on neutral background, one with some scenery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, Wizzy, kesharq and 8 others like this.
  5. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I am really glad you did an homage to one of the greatest, and most overlooked bounty hunters in the galaxy. (Where is the book of Denger series the fans have been clamoring for?)

The reflections on the Horlak's armor look great! However, in the group photo I think the jacket gets a little lost in all the red, and doesn't read as clearly. It is all a matter of opinion, but I think keeping the highlights closer to the orange spectrum rather than going into the pink could help in separating the materials visually.

Really great work all around on this army.

Law Dawg likes this.
  6. Law Dawg

A dark and sinister force indeed! I like both styles of group shot, as they show off your army differently.

I also noticed you got better at painting skin tones. Great work!

burlesford likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks, both of you!
    I had the option of painting it very differently to help it stand out and lose the uniform look of the original Royal Imperial Guard, or paint it like this. I get what you mean, but I wanted the cape to look roughly the same color as the armor, like the reference.

2024, the year of the QK sidegrade

Even though my Ramah Taskforce is done, there are a couple more Haqq models I wanted to add, for the simple reason that there is a specific Qapu Khalqi list I want to try out – the famous double Azra'il list.

While I'm still painting up the big guys, I was also lucky to grab a Djanbazan box back when they were still available. Those are some of the coolest looking Haqq models of the whole range imo, and while their profiles are not amazing, an MSV2 regenerating trooper can still pull their weight on the battlefield.

The Star Wars reference I used for these guys are Death Troopers. To recreate the shining armor look, I took the lessons I learned from painting the Hortlak and Al Fasid and applied them to painting black. It didn't work out everywhere (the chest plates especially), but it mostly manages to get the effect across. I also added a bit of red surrounding OSL to break up the otherwise completely black silhouette:

[​IMG]

Djanbazan HMG

[​IMG]

Djanbazan AP Sniper

[​IMG]

Djanbazan Hacker

[​IMG]

Djanbazan Doctor

[​IMG]

Wizzy, Mako, KedzioR_vo and 12 others like this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

While it could technically count as a QK sidegrade as well, I actually painted this Janissary for a RTF list I want to try out.

Since you can't get that sweet B4 HRL from the Al Fasid without a Haris built around at least one Janissary, I had to add one to my roster after all. Luckily, I found the best sculpt there is (the N2 AP Rifle one) on the prize table of the last tournament I went to.

I gave him a pistol instead of a sword since they are not CC units. Then I painted him up like a third generation Dark Tropper. I think he turned out quite nicely:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

archon, redeemer, Wizzy and 12 others like this.
  9. Law Dawg

Nicely done! Those armour edge highlights must have taken a while.

10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I think I spent somewhat between 3-4 hours on him. It was surprisingly fast. I guess because I basically just painted him in black and white and because those old models are so small.

Law Dawg likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Another fast paintjob: This extra Ghulam I had lying around. After unsuccessfully trying to sell her, I just thought "what the hell" and converted her with the Nahab head I had still lying around from my Mukhtar conversion. She'll make a fine Hafza proxy for my Qapu Khalqi, or a fourth Ghulam for those times I don't bring a Doctor in my RTF:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#51 burlesford, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    archon, redeemer, Wizzy and 10 others like this.
  12. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Beautiful! I've always loved the pose of that model, and the head fits great.

burlesford likes this.
  13. BoxedSnake

BoxedSnake Well-Known Member

Quite a nice thread. I really enjoy alternative paintjobs and conversions, and this one have both of them at a great level. I specially love the namurr face, and the janissaire. By the way, his helmet remind me of the ones from the TIE pilots... I just miss something, and is the white stormtroopers. The Dark Side needs them

burlesford likes this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you very much!

The reason there are no white Stormtroopers is because I wanted the theme for my RTF to be Sith, not the Empire. I know there are a few Stormtrooper variants in my paint schemes, but I tried to limit them to the QK section of the army, because they fit better there. Basically: RTF = Sith, QK = the Empire.

While I'm here, let me show you one more addition I painted last week. It's nothing special – just a third Remote. I find myself running three of them in RTF quite often, so I bought one off a friend. This time I built it like an actual Fanous:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Since I've been hard at work at my Tohaa and Corregidor these past months, it's been quiet here. I do have a small update however – a couple Khawarij conversions:

[​IMG]

For those rare occasions where I want to field the CoC Khawarij as well as the Mk12, I needed a second of these cool looking guys. I didn't like the official Mk12 sculpt though. So I got myself both the BSG sculpt (which is the coolest from the box imo) and the Mk12 and swapped the weapons. I also had another Red Veil guy left, so I also swapped the MSV2 head with a regular one. Finally, I bent the right arm of the official Mk12 guy to give him a pose that didn't feel as awkward as his weird pistol aim.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation