1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad – Ramah Taskforce going to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, Sep 29, 2023.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Here's my Red Fury Mukthar. Since CB will likely never release an approproate model, I, like everyone, had to find my own version of this crucial piece.

I decided the simplest solution would be to take the Red Fury Nahab (since I don't see myself ever fielding that loadout) and giving it a 3D printed head. I also cut off her sword (Mukthar are only CC16), adjusted her stance a little, and gave her a tactical riot shield.

Here's the source for the head. It's a surprisingly perfect fit for a Mukthar.

Alright, now the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Here's the last Mukthar, the hacker lady. Gorgeous model. With her, I can fiel a pure Mukhtar Haris, which is a lot of fun:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Oni, Abydog and 17 others like this.
  3. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Great paintjob. Especially like the glow! They look really creepy.

burlesford likes this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! I got more creepy glowy things for you :)

Her's my second Zhayedan, the sniper. Converted her from the BSG version. Still not sure a sniper rifle with no special ammo at all is a good piece to bring, put it's still only 27pts and 0.5 SWC hitting on 18s, so why not try?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oni, Abydog, Gwaernydd and 9 others like this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Going away from the models, and to the rules - I do like Haqq basic sniper rifles. That's Dam 15 Shock - no-one likes to be on the receiving end of that. Plus, it has longer range than anything else than other Sniper Rifle variants - just the tool for locking long lines of sight.
    Sniper Rifle is primarily an area-denial weapon.

And it is significantly cheaper than other factions' Multi Sniper Rifles, both in points and SWC.
    So, in my eyes, definitely worth it, especially if you can put some fireteam bonuses behind it. After all, in ARO, everything has the same Burst, be it Sniper Rifle or HMG...

However, that all applies just as well to any other Haqq Sniper Rifle-equipped model, starting with a Ghulam. And a Ghulam is significantly cheaper at 16/0,5 pts.
    Sure, Zhayedan brings in better stats, Regeneration and - important - the Marksmanship, allowing you to go around the BS part of Cover modifier. In most cases, that's effectively as if her BS was higher by 3.

However, if I am to bring a Zhayedan into my defensive fireteam, I tend to prefer Missile Launcher. She makes more impact if she hits - and has all the same advantages the Zhayedan Sniper has, except for that slightly worse ranges.

It becomes situational whether do you wish to pay extra for a Zhayedan Sniper, or stick to the less flashy - but noticeably cheaper - Ghulma sniper. Since Zhayedan are, in RTF, considered to be Ghulam for the purpose of Fireteam-building, I tend to interpret Zhayedan as "Ghulam on steroids".

Brokenwolf, burlesford and Cadwallon like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I'm totally behind everything you're saying. My main concern about the sniper is the same thing you're mentioning: The ML costs only a point more and causes three saving rolls. And for an ARO weapon, yes, range is important, but I'd say number of saving rolls is even more important. The difference betweeen one and two saving rolls is huge. That's why I'd happily spend a couple more points and SWC to get a multi sniper and its DA/AP options. The no-frills sniper struggles against anything that has multiple wounds or high armor.

That's why the only way I'm currently planning on using her is by bringing her together with the ML.

I would, however, always choose her over a Ghulam. Yes, she's 11 points more expensive, but we're talking about an ARO piece here, and that means I will take any chance I get to improve my ftf chances as well as my survivability. And while 1W ARM2 BTS3 Regeneration isn't much, it's much better than ARM 1 BTS0 no regeneration.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Better - yes.
    Better enough to warrant the extra cost, that's what I'd call situational. Myself, I prefer inexpensive defensive fireteams, because this allows me to afford more expensive offensive models.

Of course, it all needs to be taken with a degree of flexibility, because if the situation warrants it, a defensive Ghulam Core might find itself moving upfield, doing objectives, opening avenues of approach for somebody else, or take out targets of opportunity. And it won't be able to do these things if it lacks the tools. To quote Dune: "The good knife fighter thinks on point and blade and shearing-guard simultaneously. The point can also cut; the blade can also stab; the shearing guard can also trap your opponent's blade.

And in these situations, I find Sniper Rifle better than a ML agaisnt most targets (including HI) - more Burst means a better chance of winning a FtF roll. And even an ARM 5 W2 HI in Cover won't like it when a DAM 15 comes knocking (agreed, a Dam 14 EX missile has a better chance to wound, and to put the target down - but it has to land first).

We're arguing very fine minutae here, however.
    Bottom line is:
    1. yes, Zhayedan Sniper can be useful
    2. if you think a certain model / loadout suits your style / gameplan, by all means, do field it. And have fun! :)

KedzioR_vo, Cadwallon and burlesford like this.
  8. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I support this thread - great use of colour choices and even better whilst used in such a themed perspective. Your choice of HVT's when painted and Nahab conversion are spot on. Please keep up the eye candy inspiration.

burlesford likes this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I also think we pretty much agree on everything here. I just want to point out that you were talking about using these pieces as active turn shooters – something I never do except for extreme circumstances. But you're right, in those cases the Sniper is the better tool.

Thank you! I'm assumin you meant Zhayedan, not Nahab – because I'm only posting my first Nahab right now :) I painted these with Phase Zero Dark Troopers as a reference, who at least in some sources have this wonderful sage-colored armor. Was a lot of fun trying to get the recipe right. I kept the fleshtone light because according to the lore, the recruits for the Phase Zero Dark Trooper project were some of the last original clones based on Jango Fett.

Here's more eye candy for you (hopefully):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Oh, I meant your Mukthar conversion - using the Nahab base model.

Think you nailed the actual Nahab on the head though, I like the subtle colour tones used!

burlesford likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Ah, my mistake! That makes much more sense :) And thanks again.

With the Nahab done, I finally have all the pieces together for the original RTF list I wrote back when I decided to start that faction. So now it's time for a group shot. Here it is:

[​IMG]
    And here's the army code:

Ramah Taskforce
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2
    NAMURR (Tactical Awareness) Breaker Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0 | 41)
    MUKHTAR (Multispectral Visor L2) Red Fury, Nanopulser(+1B) ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 36)
    MUKHTAR (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)
    ZHAYEDAN Missile Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 28)
    ZHAYEDAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)
    GHULAM (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    GHULAM (Number 2) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    BEASTHUNTERS (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage, Forward Deployment [+8"]) Heavy Flamethrower, Panzerfaust, AP Mines / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    NAHAB (Infiltration, Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, E/Mitter, Nanopulser ( ) / Pistol, Viral CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    CARMEN Chain Rifle(+1B), Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol(+1B), DA CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] BÂTARD Trench-Hammer, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 5)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse ( ) / Stun Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Of course, now that I've painted the list, it has gone through various iterations and I yet have to put it on the table in that form. But I will soon!

12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

For those of you who looked closely, there's also one other thing that's new: I started watching Ahsoka a while back, and right in the first episode I realized there was a much better reference for the Namurr than Reva from Obi Wan Kenobi – Shin Hati. She has the same haircut and a similar baby-doll face as the Namurr, and what's more, I wasn't happy with how my original paintjob on the Namurr's face had turned out anyway.

So I repainted her, and I'm happy to say I'm much more satisfied with her now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Let's keep them coming. Here's the last Zhayedan, the HMG.

Like the sniper, he's a conversion, since the Breaker Combi is never played but looks much cooler than the actual HMG model:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a group shot of all three Zhayedan. Love these guys. So far, none of them has passed their Regeneration roll, but they've killed a lot of stuff already:

[​IMG]

14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I love the red reflection on the metal on his left knee <3

Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! That's my favorite part of the model as well :)

On we go. Here is my Yara Haddad/Leila Sharif proxy. It's the Odalisque with Spitfire, converted to a Shock Marksman Rifle with a 3D print, and painted like Darth Maladi from the Darth Krayt storyline.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Let's keep going with the second of my two Nahab. There is a list where I want to try both at the same time, but realistically he will see the table more often as a Yuan Yuan proxy for that one QK list I want to try out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are both of them together. Am I wrong or is this the only model I've encountered so far that has all three D-Charges sculpted on them?

[​IMG]

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Let's finish this up, shall we?

Here's the Tuareg hacker, painted as the bounty hunter Dengar from Empire Strikes Back. I googled for Star Wars characters with turbans, and he was basically the only one that wears one...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, there's the Hortlak Janissary. He gets to pose as a Royal Imperial Guard. I tried to emulate the plastic reflections by applying a modified version of a chrome effect. It's not perfect, but it's better than anything else I've tried so far. Gave him a printed sniper rifle (yes, it's technically a marksman rifle, but the sniper rifle's barrel came out too thin, and I was afraid it would break) so I can play both loadouts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly, there's the Khawarij from Red Veil. Since Tarik is also a Khwaraij, this one just got the same color scheme as Mr. Mansuri, without following a specific Star Wars reference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

The leather work on that Tuareg is amazing, good job!

Errhile and burlesford like this.
  19. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

The reflective plastic looks great!

burlesford likes this.
  20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks to both of you.

I tried to recreate the plastic effect on my last RTF model as well, the Al Fasid. In his case, the reference are the Sith Troopers from the sequel trilogy, even though the color scheme is the same as for the Hortlak. I can tell you though — trying to make these reflections work on a big armored dude was a pain in the ass. I'm quite happy with how he turned out anyway:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modock, redeemer, BoxedSnake and 12 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation