1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHA to Kosmo transition

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by AkiPL, Feb 16, 2022.

1. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

Hi all!

Recently I start wondering, if I should expand my Ariadna forces from purely Caledonia to Kosmoflot... Or maybe not "if" but "what way" ;p
    I got almost everything to CHA (except Traktors).
    On paper, Kosmo takes a lot from CHA.

I got: Wallance, Cadin(Wulver), SAS and Uxia, Scots, Caterans, plus some common things like 112, Dozer or Wardriver

I manage to put my hands on models from Operation CrismonStone so I will have as some Rokots, Paracomando, Zenit-7, Volkolak (and one more SAS ;p ).

For time being I could probably use my Highlanders as proxy for Varagians.
    Cameronian/McMurrough can work some time as "Teddy Bears" (till I get one at some point).

I wonder if there are any other units that is worth to have, sooner than later in Kosmo?
    I guess Unknown Ranger is quite high on the list, but anything else?

2. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey! Welcome to the glories of Kosmoflot!

I've been playing Kosmoflot since about July/August of last year - transitioning, like you, from CHA. They have since become my primary force and I have had more success with them than any other faction I've ever run in Infinity.

To start off with, I'll say that while the Operation Crimson Stone models are great, the only one I really see as a "must have" from the box is the Volkalak. I use the profile in every game I play. That said, it's easy enough to proxy or convert one from a Wulver (mine is a Tank Hunter with a Wulver head).

You can absolutely proxy Varangians with Highlanders (that's what I did up until a couple months ago - the profiles are nearly identical). I also rate Irmandinhos VERY highly - they syngergize excellently with Wallace.

I would also prioritize getting the UKR. He's a workhorse in Kosmo.

I also get a ton of use out of Duroc and Margot (well, way more with Duroc than I do Margot, but you can't have one without the other). Duroc's Irregular Order ALSO plays well with Wallace.

Finally, and these are the only ACTUAL Kosmo-specific models in my army: Bearpode and Handler. Honestly, they don't do as much work as the other models I've listed above, but my opponents are always scared of them.

I've written up quite a bit about my experiences with Kosmoflot in a couple other threads, with my recommendations on what models and profiles to use and I'll link them below.

My general thoughts on playing Kosmoflot.

Fireteams in Kosmoflot.

My thoughts on proxying models in Kosmoflot.

3. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

Thanks a lot.
    I got plenty to read.

I guess, I need to put on my shopping list: UKR, Irmandinhos, Mirage-5 and Bearpode (and maybe Kosmosoldat if I will able able to get him without another Wallance and sixth Scot :P )

Death By Monkeys and csjarrat like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation