1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to best deal with Ajax?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by wuji, Jan 25, 2021.

1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I also think in terms of what scenario is most likely plausible with a given unit. So with Domaru and Daiyokai I look at it like my opponent will position him in such a way that I cant remove his cover bonus and I'll have to engage him within 16 inches. This is the most likely case. Which means my only advantage is the burst mode.

An Aragoto Spitfire can out range him, outburst him and outflank him for removing cover but doesnt have cover itself. And the dice calculations arent all that impressive.

The Shikami has better vis and cover mods than Aragoto and the ability to outflank and outburst him but range mods are garbage.

The RuiShi is in a similar boat and the Oyoroi is overkill as an easy target in the reactive.

Hacking game ain't anything to write home about.

I even ran a 3 man gang up bonus in CC (JSAs game) and it barely evens the odds to cause one would but he insta kills anything he hits so the best odds look like a Berserking Domaru, at about 60% (edit 80%, missed this when typing it up) success rate but he's dead on arrival as well which is not good design imo if he is the only one who can possibly get the job done. Anyone else got anything?

Should CB make adjustments here?

#1 wuji, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Is he in a fire team or is this Vanilla Aleph?

If he's just by himself he cannot get partial cover MODs because he's impetuous, so outflanking is not necessary. So in your active turn, anything with MSV 1 or better will reliably outshoot his B1 Combi Rifle. Rui Shi, Lu Duan or a Kempei in a Core Fireteam should do just fine.

E/M ammo on Domaru Grenades and Tanko Blitzen should also take him out of the equation fairly quickly. You don't have to engage him in CC in the first place and your HI can just eat whatever single Combi Rifle shots he fires in ARO.

#2 Knauf, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I gave him his best option, fireteam, perched at a corner, <16" range to shoot him

4. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Try coordinating 3-4 units to force him to aggressively ARO at 1 or dodge at 3-4

JSA have interesting units with heavy ammunition to use in Coordinated Order, tanko, karakuri ... panzerfaust, flammenspeer, contender, that kind of weapons are good in this context

wuji likes this.
  5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

In that case I'd probably go for coordinated orders, like @melkiach said. The Rui Shi will probably also outshoot him, but a standard spitfire could have issues penetrating his ARM 8 in cover.

Domaru Haris with multiple E/M grenades and a Tanko Blitzen in there sounds decent in this scenario as well.

wuji and melkiach like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Ninja Hacker can actually just perma brick him. You isolate then spotlight, he's now WIP0 and can't reset.

The Ninja HD and FO are legitimate Guided missile threats too.

rac and Knauf like this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

N4 dice calculator doesnt have hacking yet, you know then stats on this?

Never mind, just manually did it, 49/25% it's alright, better than being shot back obviously.

#7 wuji, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's very simple to replicate, just make a custom unit attack on BTS and substitute a BS attack on the appropriate value vs a Dodge on the appropriate value instead of a Reset.

It's 49.7% for a Ninja to Oblivion Ajax vs 25.7% chance to Reset.

9. SpectralOwl

I don't have percentages, but the worst-case scenario (full Enomotarchos including Hector for Sixth Sense and Firewall) gives you 2 dice on 10s vs Ajax's Reset on 12, then a BTS save per hit for Ajax on 11s. If Ajax is by himself and you have Surprise Attack, that's 2 dice on 13s against Ajax's 9, then saves on 14. Give it three orders, tops, to disable the guy, then slap Carbonite down and kill him at your leisure if you need to.

10. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Not sure if I got the numbers correctly but I'm looking at roughly 85% chance of a Domaru with E/M CCW to
    IMM-b Ajax, sure the Domaru will probably get killed back but who cares about that if you have just for all intent and purpose taken out Ajax.

11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You right, Idk why I typed 60.

For anyone else interested, I think I found my solution, the Lu Duan with Assisted Fire has the least collateral with the biggest gain, after one or two orders of Ajax losing the fire fight I suspect he'll retreat to full cover allowing for an opportunity for the Luduan to get the biggest bang for his buck. The whole fireteam under b2 HFTs. I'll keep a Domaru as a back up. But the Lu Duan is what I was looking for, something to bully Ajax as much as he is a bully. Idk why I didnt run its numbers before. In a firefight its pushing Ajax with 50%> his 10%.

12. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

This conversation again...?

The Ninja HD or a Domaru have been the most efficient to me either vs Ajax himself or in a Enormoustacos team. Other stuff have worked, like a Missile Launcher or Flammenspeer, etc.

As JSA, concerning Aleph, I'm far more oppressed by Atalanta and/or a Scylla+Danavas/Deva repeater network (with flambé included...), than that stupid gorilla.

redeemer likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation