1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Theories based on common observation and which latest 2019 ITS data finally supports as a fact. Pretty much the Red Fury Mowang profile is the only playable profile. And the Multi Rifle not only isn't played but also performs terrible.

the huanglong and ObviousGray like this.
  2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Where can I look at those data? I'm dang curious.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

ObviousGray likes this.
  4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Check this excel spreadsheet. Contains each unit's profile pick rates classified by armies, making disitinction between generic and sectorial and also features a column with the Win / Loss ratio showing how meaningful was the performance of that unit profile when chosen.

[Profile Pickrate]

ObviousGray likes this.
  5. ObviousGray

Now that's interesting. Thanks guys.

Wow dat Daofei hacker does a good performance

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, with only 2.5% pick rate, Daofei AHD's data is a bit dubious, same goes for most Daofei profiles. The data is sifted from tournaments and the win-loss rate can not be filtered by whether the list containing the unit was used.

Remember to take anything with low pick rate with a pinch of salt, uncertainty whether list was used together with a higher impact of random number generator causes issues.
    For units with extreme pick rate (Kuang Shi and their obligatory CG KSCD) will also have to be viewed with care as they will share a LOT of win losses without necessarily contributing.

Barrogh likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Give it a nice LGL, with EM, Smoke, and Frag grenades for good measure. The Wu Ming MultiLGL is my favorite unit!

Space Ranger likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm with you! When I played ISS and now Ikari, the WM Multi-LGL is the first thing i pick. So versatile it can go up against almost anything.

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I sure hope N4 tidies up the Miranda Ashcroft Hunting party, by deleting it and replacing it with the Dashat registered Miranda.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I hope N4 tidies up Dashat by deleting it.

11. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Mmm.
    upload_2020-2-14_15-52-44.jpeg

Sedral, John Nesquick and Mahtamori like this.
  12. the huanglong

Damn right, fucking disgraceful enough that they gave Ikari AVA 5 Wu Ming, and capped it off by giving them a zero SWC haris option on the best profile. Then they went and gave Dashit Rui Shi in their Zuyong link. Disgusting!

13. RobertShepherd

This complaint seems to be literally just "I'm mad that someone else gets nice things". Unless you're engaging in hyperbole for comedic effect, in which case: I'm sorry, the internet has ruined me, and I thought you were serious.

Joametz and Stuffist like this.
  14. the huanglong

Can't it be both?

chaos11, Mahtamori and RobertShepherd like this.
  15. ObviousGray

As for me I did got pissed at Dashat cherrypicking good options from IA. Isnt that a lil bit harsh for a newborn sectorial waited by whole YJ fandom? :v

Oh, except Hulang. He's a disappointment.

16. RobertShepherd

I guess I don't really see it. If Dashat had been born with a Daoying and Mowang, I think I'd be in your corner.

Stuffist likes this.
  17. ObviousGray

Welp my focus was on Zhencha SMG mainly, along with cheaper Zuyong link backed up by TA/BH fodders. Why do you think TA on dashat is not a big deal? Could broaden my horizon by your opinion.

18. the huanglong

I'm mostly annoyed that 2 very good Yu Jing units can link outside of Yu Jing but not inside of Yu Jing. Rui Shi has been my Waifu for years.

19. RobertShepherd

So my perspective is chiefly that it isn't a zero-sum game. I think it's totally ok that Dashat gets good things, because those don't come at the cost of someone else also having good things. Dashat being able to make good use of some specific Yu Jing elements as part of it's role as a Yu Jing / Haqq hybrid mercenary company doesn't diminish Yu Jing in any way; the designers didn't cut elements fro YJ because of some rule of exclusivity.

If one faction were just Yu Jing but better, that'd be a different question. But Dashat isn't YJ but better - it's got some significant and notable weaknesses, and while I like it as an army, I think it's both less flexible and overall slightly less powerful than vanilla YJ. The Daoying and Mowang are the signature units of modern YJ for me, and I think it would have taken their presence in Dashat to run the risk of it being 'YJ, but better' (in much the same way that it would have been 'Haqq, but better' if the designers had all dropped acid the night before release and come to the next morning having added Mutts to the army).

20. RobertShepherd

Linked Rui Shi are significantly overrated. I don't mind it in a cute little haris of Zhuyong + Gromoz + Rui Shi, but you're not actually maximising its potential by running it in a core. This might change if they clean up ZOC ARO manipulation in N4.

As is, the Daoying and other supporting elements, especially including Shaolin Monks, make Rui Shi stronger in vanilla YJ than in Dashat by a small but non-negligible margin.

Joametz, Stuffist and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation