1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antipode pack spearhead model

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Tanan, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

When antipode assault pack receives an order, a spearhead model must be chosen. However, I fail to see any functionality for the spearhead model.

Did I miss something?

2. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

The spearhead is the one who will perform the cc attack (if the pack had bs weapon, he would be the one performing bs attack). For every other skill, spearhead is meaningless

chromedog likes this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Are we sure? I was under the impression that this was a matter of some contention.

Tanan likes this.
  4. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Can antipode pack model be part of a Coordinated order?

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Tanan likes this.
  6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It'd matter more if the Antipodes had more skills that they could perform that involve rolling dice. :)

Honestly, I'm just hoping that in N4 they delete half the text of the Antipode rule, and replace it with "Antipodes always activate using the Coordinated Order rules, with all pack members involved in the order if any of them are, and one of the antipodes must be the coordinate order's spearhead. If only the antipode pack members are involved, no command token is used for the order."

Save half a page, and give them more reason to consolidate the rest of the multiple-trooper activation rules..

Section9 and theradrussian like this.
  7. Arkhos94

The matter of contention is not on "the spealeader will perform CC attack" but on "what happen if 3 antipode are in CC with an enemy and the ennemy target an antipode other than the spearleader for ARO => Is it F2F with the leader or both the leader and ennemy have normal roll" (it's the second unsolved question)

8. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

If antipode pack is activated by Coordinated order, can non-spearhead models make an attack?

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

This is false. The Antipode rule contains no restrictions on which trooper performs the CC Attack.

If it is a CC Attack, no, because the rules for Coordinated Orders and CC only allow the Coordinated Order Spearhead to perform a CC Attack:
    • In Close Combat, only the Spearhead trooper will perform the CC Roll, getting a MOD of +1 to his B and +1 to the PH Attribute for Damage for each friendly trooper participating in the Coordinated Order engaged with the adversary.

Tanan and RobertShepherd like this.
  10. Arkhos94

I checked and you are right. So what's the point of the spearhead if it's not used for anything ?

11. ijw

It has no point. :-(

Arkhos94 and theradrussian like this.
  12. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Yet another unique rule to erase ? Is the gameplay difference between the pupets in nomad and this tri antipode thing meaningful enough to have two different rules ?

Or they could just be G synch to the antipode controler (would requiere the controler to gain camo to be consistant I guess). Would make them work more like the chimera.

theradrussian likes this.
  13. ijw

Given how drastically differently they work on the table, yes?

14. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I'm of the humble amateur opinion that this game could sacrifice some complexity for less special rules.

Providing you remove the interdiction of being in camo state in a link, they could work as G Marionette. They would be less deadly (having to declare the leader before the action the reactive player can ARO accordingly) and they would be less order efficient (not generating an irregular order and not being frenzy) but they would fight to the last dog. Maybe they would cost one point less per dog then ...

My 2 cents for N4.

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation