1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Coordinated Order + Antipode

Discussion in 'Solved Rule Questions' started by Dikke Gertje, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dikke Gertje

Dikke Gertje New Member

Comrades,

I have a dream that one day six antipodes could walk and fight as one!

I was reading about the coordinated order and how to use it, up to four troopers with the same training etc etc. After that I remembered that the Antipode Assault Pack counts as one troop. Which leads to suggests that you can use a coordinated order on them.

It is clear that it can't be intended to use multiple Assault Packs with an Coordinated order but I can't find any rules that I can't. For example it clearly states that you can't use "Ghosts" or Linked Teams. So why do they choose to clearly state it for Ghosts and Linked teams and leave it up to your gut feeling for Antipodes?

So my questions are:

1) Where can I find in the rules that I can't use two Antipode Assault Packs and two Irmandinhos with one Coordinated order?

2) Why did CB choose not to state it in the same way as Ghosts or Linked Teams?

Kind regards,

Nick

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

1) No really the answer to your real question, but your example fails on this rule
    Only troopers with the same Training (Regular/Irregular) and in the same Combat Group can participate in a Coordinated Order.
    Can't find a rule like g-sync that forbites it. Think it was missed by CB.

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As a rules technicality, the Antipode pack is not one trooper (they are only one trooper for Combat Group purposes, otherwise shit gets really weird).

1) Because that would both make for a conflict in activation between how Coordinated orders work and Antipodes as well as activating far too many troopers for a Coordinated Order.

2) Not sure anyone can do more than guess. Typographical reasons?

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It wasn't.

Probably is in one of the FAQ, but G:Sync units cannot cooridnate (to Auxilia's dismay).

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  5. Dikke Gertje

Dikke Gertje New Member

All the troops are Irregular so if they are in the same combat group it doesn't fail right?

6. Dikke Gertje

Dikke Gertje New Member

I really understand the conflict and that you just shouldn't, but clearly there isnt any rule that makes it forbidden.

7. Mahtamori

As far as I can piece this together; as long as the total number of models activated by the Coordinated Order is 4 or fewer (you must individually nominate each member of each pack) you may. So if you have two packs of exactly 1 Antipode (counting Antipodes who are IMM-2/out of range, since they don't get disconnected and thus keeps getting activates when the pack activates) and two Irmandinho, then yes.

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  8. Ben Kenobi

Think there's a language barrier. What I wanted to say that I didn't find a rule for Antipodes that is similar to G:Sync, that forbids combined orders.

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

No, the handler isn't irregular.

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Antipodes and Handler don't share a relationship in game other than to keep the pack from running away.

Dikke Gertje likes this.
  11. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It's not directly forbidden because it ends up being mechanically impossible.

Both the Antipode rule and the Coordinate Order rule say to place a Spearhead marker, and have different candidates for who the marker can be placed next to. If you tried to activate two different antipode packs, it becomes especially impossible because you have one instance of the Antipode rule telling you to place the Spearhead marker in pack A, the second instance telling you that you have to place the Spearhead marker in pack B, and both rules claiming that there's only one Spearhead marker.

Note:
    • When you declare an Order, name one member of the Assault Pack as that Order's Spearhead, and place a Spearhead Marker (SPEARHEAD) beside him.
    Underlining added for emphasis.

Dikke Gertje, ijw and Mahtamori like this.
  12. Dikke Gertje

Dikke Gertje New Member

Thank you very much!

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

14. Mahtamori

So, what I gather from this is that;
    1. You can spend Coordinated Orders with them in it
    2. Spearhead for Antipodes and Spearhead for Coordinated Order must be the same model
    3. Helllois did not answer whether the pack counts as 1 model or whether each model had to be nominated separately, I presume the latter.
    4. Cancelling the Retreat! state requires 1 CT per Antipode.

-> (Underlining reason for illegality below)
    Legal: Coordinate all 3 Antipodes from 1 pack of 3 Antipodes with 1 Irmandinho and choosing an Antipode as Spearhead.
    Illegal: Coordinate 1 Antipode from 1 pack of 3 Antipodes with 3 Irmandinho and choosing an Antipode as Spearhead (and expecting to be allowed to move 3 Irmandinho and 3 Antipodes)
    Illegal: Coordinate 4 Antipode from 2 packs of 2 Antipodes each and choosing an Antipode as Spearhead.

As a minor note, from examining Antipodes; if one Antipode fails their Coherency Test, it will become Immobilized, but it won't stop activating when you spend orders on the pack - thus triggering mines and AROs, plus it being able to perform Discover.

15. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

The Antipodes pack can be part of a coordinated order, but the spear head have to be the same (on the antipode pack and in the coordinated order) and acomplish the coordinate order requeriments.
    As @Mahtamori said, the Antipode Pack is not one trooper, they are only one trooper for combat groups purposes (or when they are impacted by a template you made a unique PH roll? :P )

Mc_Clane, BLOODGOD, volgo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.