1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoprojector L3 and ODD (who said Patrocle?)

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ayadan, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Replicate does not mean that it has them.

Remember that the whole point of the Holoecho is to pretend to have equipment so that your opponent can be deceived.

If you were to be able to replicate a mine, that mine would still be fake and wouldn't do anything that a mine would normally do (such as test range by attempting to place templates)

2. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

The replication of a distorted image is not a clear image...

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's using year 2019 real life logic, that's not the same as game rules, particularly not for a piece of equipment from the future that's able to replicate visuals and sound of a human being through walls sufficiently to pass a shallow inspection. Particularly when it needs to be able to fool deep inspection from orbital satellites sufficiently that they say "yeah, there actually is something in there".
    Who knows, maybe the sensors will show that the distorted image that the echo is projecting doesn't distort the bullet trace nor heat imagery like a real ODD would?

Point is, the game still needs to inform us what's happening. If it doesn't, then it isn't happening. Unless CB says in a FAQ "no wait, you're right, we messed up Patroclus' echoes should totally have ODD/Mimetism as well!" like they did with Jammer and ODD/Mimetism MODs. (Except they wouldn't admit they were wrong, of course)

4. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

That's exactly my request. Until a FAQ, nothing can be confirmed in a way or another.

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Regarding holo 1 (http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Holoprojector_L1_(State)):

So it doesn't matter which trooper you are immitating using Holo L1, you use your own profile (your equipment, your skill) not the one you are immitating

Regarding holoechoes : "This State does not affect Automatic Special Skills or Automatic Equipment." (http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Holoecho)

So Holoechoes has no effect on automatic skills or equipement. So no mimetism or ODD.

So let's sum up.

Holoechoes of patroclus are not true trooper so they have no Troop Profile with ODD or mimetism
    Holoechoes "does not affect Automatic Special Skills or Automatic Equipment" so no ODD or mimetism from this side either

So if you shoot a fake holoechoes, you will have 0 modifier at resolution

Except from the fluff POW you are forgetting one thing : if any part of the image is hit, it dissapear. So the distorsion does not protect the holoecho

6. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

I have no problem with Holo 1and always had the same comprehension of the rule.

I think you're reading wrong. "The Holoechoe state does not affect (...)" means the bearer has always them active, regardless of the Holoechoe state. Nothing more.
    Unless the word "affect" has another meaning in English. In French, the word is clear (affecter).
    So it has nothing to do with the other Holoechoes.

7. Arkhos94

The thread has not moved for a few day, should we sum it up and add it to the unsolved list while waiting for an official answer ?

Minos, DukeofEarl and theradrussian like this.
  8. Arkhos94

Do we aggree on this description ?

Holoechoes : which skill/equipment can they use ? (ODD, stealth)

Original topic : https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/holoprojector-l3-and-odd-who-said-patrocle.828/

Situation 1 : Patroclus (ddo version) has 2 holoechoes. One of the holoecho is the target of a BS Attack. During the resolution step, which modifier is applied to the BS attack : -6 or 0 ?

Answers :
    A) 0. Holoechoes have no profile/equipment and only reproduce them "for show". If the oponent ask what modifier applies before the resolution step, I can answer -6 for DDO but at the resolution step, only the true equipement/skill applies (which mean no equipment/skill so modifier)
    B) -6. Holoechoes reproduce skills and equipement from patroclus, so they benefit from DDO at the resolution step

Situation 2 : Patroclus (ddo version) has 2 holoechoes. He move using stealth. Does the holoechoes also benefit from stealth ?

Answers :
    A) No. Holoechoes have no profile/equipment and only reproduce them "for show". So they don't have stealth.
    B) Yes. Holoechoes perform the exact same skill as Patroclus, which mean they perform "move using stealth".
    C) Yes. Holoechoes reproduce skills and equipement from patroclus, so they benefit from stealth

Section9, DukeofEarl and Minos like this.
  9. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

@Arkhos94 perhaps change 1.B) and 2.C) " and non-Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment represented by a Marker or model " instead of "and equipment"

The rule only mentions equipment actually on the table (I used to totally misread that as all equipment myself) and that argument hinges pretty heavily on the distinction.

Section9 and Minos like this.
  10. Arkhos94

Thanks @DukeofEarl for the feedback, I corrected 1B and 2C and posted it on the unsolved thread

DukeofEarl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation