1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karakuri Proxies

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Weathercock, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I find the Karakuri models to be ugly as sin and their spindly limbs do nothing to inspire confidence about their resilience. That said, they're ridiculously good right now and I feel that I'm greatly missing out by not having them in my armoury. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see a resculpt any time soon.

With that in mind, do people have any recommendations for what could potentially be used for substitutions?

Camden Leisure Pirate likes this.
  2. RejjeN

RejjeN Active Member

I bought the hong-kong fembots from statuesque miniatures to convert a while back, but had to put Infinity on hold for a bit, so haven't had much of a chance to get to work on them. Though, I'm not sure if they still have them in stock... You can always shoot them an email if you like the look.

https://live.staticflickr.com/5709/30612242546_6a24832367_b.jpg

chromedog and Golem2God like this.
  3. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

I just use Tacbots myself.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

For now I'm using the Asuras. They fit as Terminator fembots.

5. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Try these guys:

INFINITY JSA: Karakuri Project
    JSA had to reprogram some pleasure gynoids due to attrition from the uprising... so my fluff goes... Scary and sexy killer robots - What's not to like! I was never a fan of the studio models as they just don't seem creepy or sexy enough for what they are supposed to be. Being a GITS fan I wanted to pay homage to the creepy dolls in Innocence as well as the Geishas in the Live Action Movie with their soulless faces. I converted the models using Hong Kong Killer Fembots by Statuesque Miniatures, heads from Hanako by Hasslefree Miniatures, and guns from the Infinity range, plus a bit of greenstuff for good measure. Very happy that this long gestating plan finally came into fruition. Shout out to Section9 for the helpful advice on minis to use for such a project! You really are a bastion of knowledge sir!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Karakuri WIP
    [​IMG]

More Pics here:https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/archangeleongs-jsa-army-ikari-co-miniatures-log.23947/page-12

6. Marnack

Marnack www.mosandl.de

CoveredInFish and Ariwch like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Another entertaining option might be some Malifaux minis, like the Ten Thunders girls. That would be a very 'geishabot' look, complete with fancy kimonos.

A possible advantage of using the Malifaux minis is that they're plastic, so very easy to convert.

Demotron and Pen-dragon like this.
  8. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

9. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I used the Malifaux Hired Swords box. The geisha girls as Karakuri bots. The others fill in as Keisotsu. I went with a heavy Aragoto cyber-punk biker gang theme for my JSA. Paint some arms / legs silver, with micropen crosshatching to create some cyber-limbs. It is a proxy heavy army, that I only bring out against friends.

A note on proxies. I like to paint the name of the unit on the base in the front firing arc, helps to avoid confusion.

Section9 likes this.
  10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Oooh, cool! got pics?

Yeah, if you have a standard proxy for something that is an excellent idea. I should do that for my Kouan Kyuuka army...

11. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

You could use female Domarus replacing their heads at your will to something robot-ish. And then use male Domarus as regular Domaru Butai.

12. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I did some converting of some hollowmen for the task for the bodies for mine. Added sleeves and more "fabric" to them. Their obi are currently curing.

They need heads, though. I may try my hand at sculpting the hair and go for a basic mask for the faces. The hollowmen heads are easy enough to remove.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm using yadu, they look artificial but leaning more on a replicant vibe, I will post up once ive painted them so we can see if they fit in..

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I’m with you a little bit. I’d like to get Hollowmen for them. I only need two since I do Ikari though. But the Spitfire for Mk-12, BSG for HBSG, and Combi Rifle are near perfect.

15. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Abrilete, Section9 and Space Ranger like this.
  16. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Any of you guys deviated away from the usual paint scheme? I was thinking black/grey bodies with a white head and red lines in the grooves of the armour.

White is a pain and I always like finding ways of not doing it!

Camden Leisure Pirate likes this.
  17. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Red robes (going to attempt to do stylised cherry blossoms on it) and white armoured/mech bits. White being the colour associated in asian societies for death.

Red/white/black is also my default paint trinity for my JSA though. The white because they always die.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

@OCEE78 mine will be red armour on black with black coats and visors but that's yadu specific, my whole JSA scheme is red armour on black although I did paint my kuroshi with a white head on red body glove as I wanted a black bike, the su jian is my rui shi proxy

[​IMG]

Xeurian, Pen-dragon, OCEE78 and 2 others like this.
  19. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Looks great bud. I like the black bike too. Very slick.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation