1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superior Infiltration & Confused Deployment

Discussion in 'ITS' started by GrantC, Aug 28, 2018.

1. GrantC

GrantC Active Member

If I want to use something with Superior Infiltration in Biotechvore, am I right in thinking it will be a PH-3 roll to infiltrate in my own half but a straight PH in the opponent's half? (PH +3 for Superior Infiltration -3 for Confused Deployment).

Seems a bit daft that you get better odds to infiltrate further but that's what the rules seem to lead to.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That sounds right. Biotechvore is a bit of a daft (but fun) mission.

3. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Jep its right, as the mission states that further MODs from skills or equipment are applied to the PH-3 roll.

One important thing in that case is, that the confused deployment roll does not count as an infiltration roll when deploying within your own table half. That means failing the roll does not reveal marker state troopes or even HD and your not loosing deployable equipment like Mines (Minelayer) or Crazy Koalas.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Citation needed.

Edit: To the best of my knowledge this is still the final word. http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/...s-4-unanswered/?do=findComment&comment=629121

“They have to be deployed as a figure.”

#4 inane.imp, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  5. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

OK, didn't know that. My reasoning for this is that the confused deployment rule does not state that you loose any Marker states etc. only that the trooper has to be placed anywhere within the deployment zone. This is only written within the Infiltration Roll Rule

@HellLois could you please confirm that the above mentioned ruling by Palanka is still valid and add it to the FAQ to prevent further confusion .

6. GrantC

GrantC Active Member

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

FAQ >Palanka/HellLois >IJW

8. GrantC

GrantC Active Member

As a general rule sure, but 2018 > 2015. Let's hope it gets answered by HellLois in the ITS9 thread. (Not sure if that's getting rolled over into ITS10).

meikyoushisui and RobertShepherd like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation