1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie mode, anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LoganGarnett, Jan 4, 2019.

1. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Greetings, everyone! So, recently my friend and I decided to revive our old favourite Infinity game mode based on even older modes found in the Internet.. can't even remember where, old forums, perhaps?
    Trust me, it's a 100% original idea. Kind'a. Ok, it isn't.

So, the general idea was to have 2-3 squads working together to breach the Biolab facility, rescue the surviving personel, download the data, destroy the communication antennas to prevent data leaks.. and don't forget to close the doors on their way out.

Each player gets a free 20 EXP Spec-Ops and 100pts, which he can spend on up to 3 units.
    Zombies spawn from 4 points and start with unimpressive stats. Each turn they go first and get to spend 2 "Coordinated Impetuous" Orders, so your team only get 2 ARO's a turn. They have the Assault skill and their melee attack is Automatic (X), where "X" is 7 + the number of other Zombies in CC.
    As the game goes, they spawn in greater numbers, get new skills and become faster. For example, on Turn 1 they spawn 1-2 from each point and only get to move 2-2, but once any zombie gets LOS to players' models, or players use non-silent weapon, all zombies go into frenzy and speed up to 6-4, becomming a much greater threat.

So.. should I bother with writing down a ruleset for this, or is it a dumb idea and I should just keep on painting my stuff? XD

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of an implacable zombie horde effect you'd be able to get by just tweaking the regular Infinity ARO effects:

1. If a zombie declares Change Facing, Dodge, or Engage and the skill is resolved as a normal roll, it succeeds automatically. (To avoid having to roll dice for ten to fifteen ARO Dodge rolls when the players are doing stuff in front of a horde, but it also makes the horde faster.)
    2. Zombies don't benefit from Warning! and can't declare Alert.
    3. Zombies can draw line of sight through other zombies to player models.
    Last I checked, Infinity doesn't have enough Silent weapons to make that a something you can trigger stuff off of.

The other big thing is really to ask "Which book/movie/series are these zombies from?"

Section9 and jherazob like this.
  3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

The rules I know are from Owen from GWTC and can be found here.

There are two videos on youtube too.

GMG

GWTC

I don't know if you will find much audiance for further rules, depends on how good your rules will be.

jherazob likes this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's a *very* important question.

Are they slow-bot-strong, are they fast, what?

5. djihani

djihani Member

Heh I molded a crapton of zombie models for the old one. Now you could just use zombizide or whatnot. Was good times. Maek moar!

6. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Y'know, we tried giving zombies dodge/change facing AROs, but as their number inevitably increases, it becomes really boring and annoying to roll the dice and move every possible zombie on their Reactive. So, we restricted their AROs to CC attack and Engage.

As for the type of zombies.. we used fast type of zombies. 6-4, Assault and a type of NWI, which makes them go prone after suffering a wound.

After thinking about it, I don't think I should write down any ruleset. Just see no reason, as the result would probably be too disappointing. Guess it's better to just keep in mind like other bad ideas :(

7. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

8. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Very nice idea.

Plasma Q-drone? Plasma Q-drone.

9. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

have been playing one version of this scenario or another off and on since 2010 or so. I can confidently say that a TR bot of any sort is a really bad idea.

10. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Why?

11. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

1) can't split burst in ARO/you only get 1 ARO vs a Horde so TR is mostly wasted.
    2) can't CC for shit and you will get CC'd.
    3) Remotes can't touch the objectives.

and the big one

4) the scenario is about escaping the zombies, not killing zombies. If you focus on killing them they will inevitably overwhelm you.

Wyrmnax and jherazob like this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Huh, I think I just saw a reason to run a motorcycle gang again! Zoom-zoom!!!

jherazob likes this.
  13. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Some super cool ideas in this thread! I really like the idea of making the zombies have CC:Automatic to cut down on the dice rolling considering how much more it'll be happening.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation