1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zhanshi with Helmets? (I hate faces)

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Vedo, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yup, Celestial Guards are all in line with other Yu Jing light infantry.

Dragonstriker and Golem2God like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Thanks again for all of this info. It really helps me make an informed decision.

3. Vedo

Vedo New Member

@Golem2God I thought about kitbashing a little but the expense for what will admittedly mainly be filler troops seemed a little excessive.

@HotFreshTofu I did buy some remotes but my usual opponent loooooves to hack things and zhanshi are safer from that kind of thing. They'll both get use depending on the list/opponent.

Bao troops do look pretty ok too, just older sculpts that lack the same aesthetic 'wow' factor that the new ones do.

I've been proxying with my old space marines in the meantime. :P Thanks for the help and input everyone!

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Since Infinity doesn't use 10+troops for a single unit you can simply buy a single set of heads to convert your filler troops. It is not expensive in price or shipping. For example Mad Robot Miniatures is only 3$ for USA shipping while Puppetswar and Anvil Industries are Europe based and would cost less shipping for Europeans to purchase from. Plus the shipping prices don't differ that much from across the pond (USA) to across the stream (UK to the rest of Europe) considering the size and weight of miniature bits in general. Also a set of conversion heads is either 5 or 10 dependign on the seller. The three stores mentioned above sell 5 heads per set and cost around 5$ USA which is around 1$ or less per head.

So if you really wanted them, buying a set, two or three wouldn't be expensive at all. The cost of two or three varies between 10$-20$ USA depending on the seller & shipping cost. While a single set will be under 10$ USA reguardless where it is shipped from. In my opinion buy the Combi Zhanshi you want or just purchase the box and buy a set or two of helmet heads you like then you are done. Or simply purchase the Celestial Guard box and convert Combi Rifles onto those models.

How many Zhanshi/Celestial Guard did you need for fillers anyhow? 3? 4? Maybe 5 for good measure?

5. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Except the LI zhanshi msr is as tall as the HI superhuman recreation SunTse, his feet are bigger than the HI feet and his head is bigger than the HI DaoFei helmet.
    Also the pic is completely disingenuous because there is only a monstrous zhanshi in the pic, no regular sized ones.
    I’ll do a super special comparison shot tomorrow for you.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

How the fuck is it disingenuous!?

There's a Kuang Shi there! Kuang Shi was chosen because tthey have less gear than Zhanshi and a smaller frame. What you're claiming simply is such an exaggeration that I'd be fully excused for calling it a lie.
    And I put a Wu Ming there to show that you're comparing to one of the smallest HI. Sun Tze 1 is small for a HI.

7. Mahtamori

Here's a few measurements.

Zhanshi ML height: 35mm
    Zhanshi MSR height: 35mm
    SunV1 height: 38mm (he's standing straighter)
    Zuyong ML height: 36mm
    Knauf height: 35mm (he's standing straighter)

Dargaonstriker's claims the Zhanshi MSR is 35% taller than the other Zhanshi, which means the model should be 47mm tall
    Su-Jian Combat Form: 41mm (he's standing less straight)
    Raging Heroes Shewolf: 50mm (she's crouching a LOT more)
    Zhanshi ML on 4 extra bases: 47mm

Zhanshi MSR feet length: 7.7mm
    Zhanshi MSR feet width: 3mm
    Zuyong ML feet length: 8.7mm
    Zuyong ML feet width: 3.5mm
    Sun Tze feet length: 7.7mm
    Sun Tze feet width: 4mm

I'm a swede using a caliper on a skull! Let that sink in. (No, I'm not talking about the risk of damaging paint)
    Zhanshi MSR head width: 4mm (not taking into account that this includes hair)
    Sun Tze head width: juuuust shy of 4mm (hair adding slightly less than Zhanshi)
    Zuyong ML helmet width: 5mm

So that shows what picture I should take next...

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Mahtamori

[​IMG]

"What's that Sirius doing there!?" you ask. Well, as it turns out, Sirius is about 0.5mm taller than the Zhanshi ML when I stuck them next to each other (my Zhanshi ML isn't on a base, which is why I'm not photoing it) so I took the Zhanshi MSR and Sirius next to each other and made an informal measurement and there's basically no difference in height what so ever. She's daintier, but exactly as tall (and loses even more height from the pose) so I thought I'd put a model that is a) exactly as tall and b) daintier at the edge of the picture to show how proportions can be misleading and to show that the perspective isn't intentionally used to fool you.

On the assuption that Sun Tze is roughly 190cm tall, I have put the Zhanshi MSR on a sufficiently tall "stool" so that his head is sufficiently close to 250cm above Sun Tze's ground level.
    Again, that werewolf's head is 50mm above ground and the angle with which I took the photo does lie a bit regarding the werewolf, because the ears are clearly higher than any of the models.
    Werewolf eartips: 274cm above ground in that pose
    Su-Jian... neck crest: 216cm above ground in that pose

P.s. that werewolf is "McMurrogh's angrier sister". McMurrogh has chain rifles, you say, what does this model have? Fuz-Roh-Dah, I answer.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Dragonstriker

1. :H::3::I::D: off. It’s disingenuous because you aren’t comparing the models ACTUALLY IN QUESTION.
    2. I couldn’t care less about Kuang sheep - they’re not the same unit.
    3. Where did the 35% come from? Don’t strawman me.
    I actually think the hacker and the sniper are the nicer figs from the SWC box. They just don’t match the other figs from their unit, to a degree that looks like a different scale not a like 98th percentile guy compared to a group of 25th percentile guys.

10. Dragonstriker

Also, including different silhouettes doesn’t add to your argument.
    Nor does including anything from the caveman faction- Ariadna shouldn’t be in the game.
    Change my mind.

11. Mahtamori

On number 3:
    250 is a tiny bit over 35% more than 185.

And it can't be a strawman because it is entirely related to the topic. For it to be a strawman I'd have to attempt to lead attention away from the topic. At worst it would have been misrepresenting you.

12. Mahtamori

Height is height regardless of silhouette when we're discussing physical objects.

And that model you're calling caveman is technically made for 40k. 40k is not meant to be inspirational, a closed mind is not a virtue they use those phrases to show how messed up the Imperium of Man is.

13. Dragonstriker

So the big zhanshi are to scale with the other zhanshi because a 3rd party pos for 40k is bigger? Am I following your argument correctly? Are you drunk?

14. Mahtamori

Stop playing dumb.

The big Zhanshi are to scale because they are less than 0.5mm off in height - that is less than 3cm in height variance so if the Zhanshi ML is 185cm tall, the Zhanshi MSR is 188cm tall. I'm showing how ridiculous a model I'd need to use to meet your claim.

A range of sculpts can vary in height by over 10mm and still be in scale for human beings without any growth deviations (no dwarfism and no giantism or whatever it is called). And you're calling 0.5mm grotesque.

15. Dragonstriker

This statement
    is a strawman.
    QUOTE="Wikipedia"]
    A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".
    [/QUOTE]
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

FYI, patronising is when you explain to someone something that should be obvious, as if they are ignorant or stupid.
    This is patronising.

16. Mahtamori

It's impossible to address your argument when you change it as soon as it is addressed. Let's agree to disagree, and agree on the thing we do agree on: the Zhanshi MSR isn't quite the same size as the Zhanshi ML/HMG

Dragonstriker and Golem2God like this.
  17. Dragonstriker

Fine, although I believe my argument has been consistent on this since the release date.

18. Golem2God

@Dragonstriker @Mahtamori Gentlemen thank you for settling down lest you both got further embroiled in the argument.
    @Dragonstriker If you want to post a few pics on the size difference then please go right ahead. I'll look forward to seeing them.
    @Mahtamori I think your pictures were very helpful and gave me an excellent idea of the size difference. I especially liked how you showed off one of the Raging Heroes Werewolf models. I've been thinking of buying one for sometime and this picture is perfect to see if she would be appropriately sized for Infinity.

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation