1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zapp painting

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by zapp, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

Great work!

How did you do the orange? Whenever I try to paint my I always get something that's too orange or too yellow.

2. copinanaki

copinanaki Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Which green do you use in the cloths of monks?Saly green? similar.Nowadays i have finished my scaly green and I need a
    substitute.
    Finally,Cogratulations ,nice scheme better execution ;)

3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Hey there, thanks for the comments, I‘ll answer the questions after I‘m back from my holiday.

4. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Sorry that it took so long to answer! And thanks for your kind words.
    Most of my receipes are from the official color scheme with a little variance here and there.

Gracias! Feliz de que te gusten. Y lamento haber tardado tanto en responder. El negro se compone así:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, I cant remember how I did them exactly, but usually I use 72.147 Heavy Black Green 50/50 with 309 Periscopes. That green is then mixed with 70.845 Sunny Skin tone for the highlights.

5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The Invincible Army is marching fast and the only known doctor is the Zhanshi Yīshēng. Glad I could finish her in early november 2018.
    And yes, I already fixed the glue gaps on the base. ;-)
    ---
    El Ejército Invencible está marchando rápidamente y el único médico conocido es el Zhanshi Yīshēng Me alegro de haberla terminado a principios de noviembre de 2018.
    Y sí, ya he fijado los huecos de pegamento en la base. ;-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#25 zapp, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    infyrana, redeemer, DustGod and 13 others like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Hope she serves you well in the future matches she partakes in. The model certainly looks nicely painted especially the well done face.

zapp likes this.
  7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The factories of the state empire are very busy and the Lù Duan could be finished in november 2018. I still consider the remotes a painting tax though.
    ---
    Las fábricas del imperio estatal están muy ocupadas y el Lù Duan podría estar terminado a principios de noviembre de 2018. Aún considero que los controles remotos son un impuesto a la pintura.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#27 zapp, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    redeemer, DustGod, McNamara and 13 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

At least your painting tax looks nice. You did a good job on the yellow color.

9. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Your new stuff is well done.

10. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

What do you mean by painting tax?

Nice work BTW

11. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words.
    You really need these remotes to build competitive lists, and you need many of them. And the painting is is always the same. Oh man, I hate those legs. And with Invincible Army, the AVA of the 8 point remotes was doubled. :weary:

archangeleong likes this.
  12. Tutu

Tutu Active Member

Wahou ! Really nice work on those minis, I still have to paint this Lu Duan... It's waiting on my shelf for more than a year now, like you I feel it is a painting tax.
    Keep the good work !

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I know, I have 10 of the basic Yaokongs. Bought 8 myself and bought a dude out of YJ (which gave me a second starter box and yet another box o REMs).

All I can suggest is nose art. MAKE them different. It's the only way to stay sane!

Koin-Koin likes this.
  14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I magnetised the weapons/equipment on my Yaokong Remotes, so I only had to paint two to get all the options, but I know I'll need two Flashpulse Yaokongs in nearly every list, so I grabbed another box. I plan to do the same with the Pangguling once I know which options are available for them.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Ah, Makes sense now. Gotta say I'm not looking forward to painting any. Nothing wrong with models really, maybe could be updated, they seem to lack personalty or something... I cant put my finger on what it is. I was thinking of magnetising and proxying other models for my JSA as I'm not inspired by Yu Jing hand me downs... (maybe thats my problem).

16. Golem2God

That could work. Find a design you particularly like and go for it.

17. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I only have a couple of those to paint so I won't have to worry about the repetitive part but this idea is really digging to stick into my mind.
    Never did such but really want to try now.

If I was painting them yellow I would definitely use the easy Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV tag face on them but it won't work with my blue/purple YJ.

18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I can't stand the YJ combatbots or baggagebots, so I used Nomad combatbots and Haqq baggagebots.

19. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I started painting the Guijia TAG in anticipation of the of the Invincible Army rules. Once the rules were released,
    the TAG soon became an excuse not to paint because it would not be played and I don't like to start painting new stuff before the current project is finished.
    The german satelite had a TAG mission, so I took the opportunity to finish him for the tournament in February 2019.
    I kind of rushed the paintjob and was not completely satisfied, so it took another 2 month to finally take the pictures.
    ---
    Comencé a pintar el TAG de Guijia anticipándome a las reglas del Ejército Invencible. Una vez que se publicaron las reglas,
    el TAG pronto se convirtió en una excusa para no pintar porque no sería jugado y no me gusta empezar a pintar cosas nuevas antes de que el proyecto actual esté terminado.
    El satélite alemán tenía una misión TAG, así que aproveché la oportunidad para acabar con él para el torneo de febrero de 2019.
    Me apresuré a pintar y no quedé completamente satisfecho, así que tardé otros dos meses en tomar las fotos.

Traducción realizada con el traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, DustGod, Usashi and 12 others like this.
  20. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The new Daoying Hacker is, in contrast to the TAG, a mini that will see the battlefield nearly 100% of the time. So I finished her ways faster and I'm also quite happy how the traditional jade-green looks on the stripes of her camo skirt. I finished her in late March 2019.
    ---
    El nuevo Daoying Hacker es, a diferencia del TAG, una miniatura que verá el campo de batalla casi el 100% del tiempo. Así que terminé con ella más rápido y también soy quite feliz como el tradicional verde jade se ve en las rayas de su falda de camuflaje. Terminé con ella a finales de marzo de 2019.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rot_Sechs, Willen, redeemer and 16 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation