1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YUANDUN DIVISION: CBL FOR YU JING

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by the huanglong, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

Imma gonna "write off" that fluff about JSA splitting off entirely so I can field... no wait the army Ap isn't agreeing here... Army ap I'm writing off that fluff that took away half the faction list. People keep telling me that just works. Army? Why isn't this working?

Ignoring the fluff is only workable when fluff stays in it's god damn place. When it alternatively becomes so vile it cannot be ignored, or effects your actual game play experience by changing the rules and taking (many) models out of your army Ignoring it is no longer a viable option.

The genocidal faction split was deliberately designed to be impossible to ignore.

People should stop ignoring that when making excuses for it.

Kallas and Hecaton like this.
  2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Photographed some Yuandun lists because it's hard to visualise how they work just form the list. Some proxy is inevitable because either I haven't painted it yet or the model doesn't exist. Dusted off some retro models too.

LIST A
    upload_2018-4-25_13-8-31.png

LIST B
    upload_2018-4-25_13-11-13.png

LIST C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LIST D

upload_2018-4-25_13-15-17.png

LIST E
    upload_2018-4-25_13-16-59.png

#102 the huanglong, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    P-Chan, DFW Ike, barakiel and 14 others like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Nice paintjobs! (Is the Asian lady visible in the background of List B doing a facepalm reading the unit fluff? XP )

Like I said, I like the lists themselves, they're interesting.

It's too bad the unit fluff makes me want to puke.

4. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I kind of like the idea of killing this list on the table - and it would be fun to run it and get them annihilated playing way too aggressive and cocky.

But yes, when we asked for CBLs, we were hoping for IA, not uber-ISS

5. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Gorgeous armies, The Huanglong!

I just started building my Guija yesterday. Excited to be able to run a TAG in ISS. I like 10-order lists, as sometimes my mental confusion is my own greatest foe, so keeping it to 10 usually helps me out. Overall these lists look fun to experiment with to me, and as ISS is a new faction to me, it's actually kind of ideal to get a bunch of sample lists, even if they're not standard ISS.

I don't mind playing the bad guys with my tiny mans. I mean, I've already accepted that this faction has invisible off-world prisons where they disappear people, and they turn political prisoners into brain-washed human bombs. I'm not surprised that they're coming in as the bad guys in this split!

the huanglong likes this.
  6. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Woooow, so close on having all the minis. The only proxy I spotted was the obvious rabbit ears pangguling standing in for the minesweeper. Impressive how much of it you could cover including spitfire celestial, zuyong duo etc!

7. the huanglong

I thought I put in a valiant effort, but I never made it to patrician tier full paint WYSIWYG on any of the lists.

In List A:
    DACCW Crane instead of AHD Crane (No official model)
    BCR Zhanying instead of HMG Zhanying (No official model)

in List B:
    KHD Kanren instead of BSG Kanren (I only have one BSG Kanren and the list has two)
    CR+LSG Celestial Guard instead of BSG Celestial Guard (I only have one one BSG Celestial Guard and the list has two)

In List C:
    CR+LSG Celestial Guard instead of BSG Celestial Guard (I only have one one BSG Celestial Guard and the list has two)
    MR Zuyong instead of CR Zuyong (No official model)

In List D:
    DACCW Crane instead of AHD Crane (No official model)
    BSG Wu Ming instead of CR & SMG Wu Ming (I only have one CR & SMG Wu Ming and the list has two)
    EVO Yaopu instead of FP & HP Yaopu (No official mode, unarmed Yaopu currently being painted as I never had a reason to use it when we still had Keisotsu Butai)

In List E:
    CR+LSG Bao instead of SMR Bao (No official model)
    KHD Kanren instead of BSG Kanren (I only have one BSG Kanren and the list has two)

Thanks, in the TV she she grew up with the Japanese fight with the competency and K:DR of LotR Orcs in between committing vicious and cruel warcrimes against men, women, children and the elderly in exploitative detail, so I don't think she would really shed a tear if some fictional ones got gassed by her team.

YueFei23, Stormygeddon and Shiwen like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Those are awesome looking

9. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

For some reason List C doesn't show up for me. You should post a review of the lists on your blog.

10. the huanglong

That's strange although expected, I had a lot of trouble uploading that image in particular and had to do it differently. Plus uploading is really pants right now. And you're right, I should put this (or anything) on my blog. I'll try for a post about Zhanying over the weekend.

[​IMG]

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  11. the huanglong

Or then again, maybe not.

upload_2018-4-27_9-53-51.png

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Why is that in quotes?

13. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

"pacify them"? That keeps bugging me too... if our genocidal Yuandun commander actually believes all those types of people are a threat and need to be pacified through killing, he'd just say it, without quotations, right?

14. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yes.

xagroth likes this.
  15. the huanglong

I assume he's talking to a foreign warcor

16. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I wish I could have a fun in joke with my friends about genocide

Shiwen and the huanglong like this.
  17. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

I keep picturing psychoCrane Commander in an interview, and every time he uses a phrase like "pacify them" or "see that they're taken care of" he makes literal air quotes and then winks knowingly at the Warcor. Meanwhile, on PanO TV half a galaxy away, his subtitles are just directly translated to "murder them" and "put them in a government-funded black site where they're turned in to zombie bombs for the glory of the Emperor!"

Then I laugh a little, curl up in to a ball, try not to cry, and cry a lot...

18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

xagroth likes this.
  19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Because that's the way to transmit that the quote means the exact opposite, and is not possible to ignore or misinterpret.

Since writing "jurl jurl jurl" or "wink wink" would be of poor(er) taste.

Aldo and Shiwen like this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd like to add some inconsistencies to the CBL:

List A (5.5 SWC): Celestial Guard with Multi Sniper Rifle listed as 0.5SWC (instead of 1.5)

List B (6 SWC): Zhanying Missile Launcher listed as 1 SWC (instead of 1.5)
    There are inconsistencies on AVA: Kanren are listed as AVA 1, Dakini as AVA 6, Sophotecs as AVA2, Hacker Celestial Guard as AVA total, other Celestial Guards as AVA 2...

List C (6 SWC): Pheasant Agent Red Fury as 0.5SWC (instead of 1)

List D (5 SWC): Funny, this one is OK, and the Haris Red Fury Pheasant Agent costs 1.5 SWC (which is totally correct).

List E (6 SWC): More funny, the Haris Red Fury Pheasant Rank agent costs 1 SWC (instead of 1.5 SWC) here...
    Even more funny, the Misile Launcher Zhanying here costs 1.5 SWC (correct cost)
    Bao with shock Marksmanship Precision Rifle (and MSV2 and Biometric Visor 2) costs 25 points... making this setup 2 points more expensive than the BSG (with same visors), meaning it's 1 point more expensive than a Combi Rifle...

So: A List is 6.5SWC, B list is 6.5SWC, list C is 6.5SWC, list C is correctly prized at 5 SWC, and list E is 6.5 SWC.

EDIT: and there are SWC cost inconsistency between the lists.

DFW Ike likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation