1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing White Banner Army

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zerooness, May 6, 2019.

1. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I mean, yeah, getting an Oniwaban or Totally Not Public Security Section 9 would be nice, but...
    Why not get creative?
    Why not an Inferior Impersonation MI unit ( Or 1W HI if people get too angsty about ''Oh noes YJ has an Impersonator too, this is getting out of hand.'' That way it'd only get to make one shot. ) that can't stab but has a LSG and maybe a 1.5 SWC Deployable Repeater profile instead of <Insert unit that is basically an Oniwaban here.>?

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I keep thinking of Jackie Chan in Police Story or Bruce Lee, impersonating a bad guy to then reveal or get revealed to then kick ass!

Ariwch likes this.
  3. Maksimas

Just imagine like

Really goddamn advanced holoprojector and heat signature masking tech

Coalescing together into creating the perfect, unmistakable image of... Bob from accounting.

The perfect disguise to hide your BTS0 HI unit.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Depends on if it's White Banner or "Banners of Huang Di" in which case "Armies of Shentang" sounds less generic and something like "Black Banner Operations Command" would also not sound entirely repetitive.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The Battle of Hoth suggests that we do.

Unlikely, the Hac Tao is one of the original units, been in the game since N1. So has the Daofei.

For whatever reason, the Zhencha replaced the Daofei in IA (probably sheer points-cost).

I would like to see a Briscard-like unit. MSV1 optional, Marksman Rifles as their standard weapon required. It's a mountainous area, lines of sight are much longer than normal. (Lines of sight in European combat run about 300m, Lines of sight in buttcrackistan run over 800m)

This might even replace the standard Zanshi, but that might be a bit overkill. Modeling-wise, long coat with the ushanka Russian fur hat. Yes, this would look a lot like North Korean troops.

6. SpectralOwl

All this talk of bikes and long-range open firefights makes me think of Mongolian horse archers. A non-impetuous MI on a bike with Marksman Rifles or Spitfires would be great in an open field, especially following a wave of Shaolin smokes, since they could move up, dismount and use the bikes to block lines of sight, or just hit and run back behind the ARO net. Would also be neat to see some more non-Chinese showing up here and there, so Mongol Bikers is my hope for now.

7. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

This Thread gets more and more interesting :)

8. Section9

Like this idea! Doubly good because the Blue Wolf TAG unit is allegedly Mongolian in origin (Blue Wolf being an old name for the Khan)

Maksimas likes this.
  9. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

so the idea is to be a hit and run strategy based army? lots of camo and mobile units

#149 Zerooness, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  10. Section9

Well, the only thing we really know is that the older Banner Army was built around masses of lightly equipped troops:

Emphasis mine. Quote from: https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Invincible

11. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

i reallly hope there wont be bs 11 all over the place. I very like the idea of Yu jing's combat armor increasing human capability.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  12. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I think we need more automedkits.

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hang on I got this

I tHinK wE neEd MoRe aUtoMedkITs.

Zerooness likes this.
  14. Maksimas

Have you guys forgotten about the almighty E/Mitter?

15. Mahtamori

E/Mitters are cheap and fairly decent ARO gear. Back in the Backdoor campaign one match I played ended up with both armies mostly intact but basically all of them Isolated, largely thanks to E/Mitters on the more combat of the event guys.

It won't do a lot of work, this is true, but it also only costs roughly as much as Krit's CC increase.

Having a bunch of E/Mitters out there on skirmishers etc would be neat and if Yu Jing ever got a unit that's optimized, having a Boarding Shotgun + E/Mitter would make for a very interesting weapon loadout.

16. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

another question what will be the color sheme? For example a bright orange zanshi will be a nice target practice in a white snowy environment. The white banner logo has primary the green and white color with a orange border. So what do you guys think is it going to be a primary white/black armor or are they going to use the old green colorsheme?

17. Mahtamori

Yu Jing, Pan-O and similarly super-rich factions have adaptive materials. The orange of Yu Jing, blue of Pan-O and white of Aleph gets electronically shifted to environmentally appropriate camouflage patterns when deployed. The question you ask is instead "what's the parade colours of White Banner?" :)

Personally I'll be painting them in deep blues with bone white rims, keeping the scrofulous brown for essentially only the torso armour.
    CB studio scheme seems to be greyish white with pale green rims and fatigues and orange armour pieces.

[​IMG]

18. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

where did you read that?

19. Mahtamori

I didn't. I get reminded of that maybe once per year by various members on the forums when I make posts similar to the one you did :-D

20. Section9

It's been in the game since N1, but it doesn't seem to be in the N3 book that I've found so far.

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation