1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing White Banner Army

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zerooness, May 6, 2019.

1. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

its a great indicator, look at haqqislam the ramah, alls same kind of logo. The zencha ha red letters instead of black letters so maybe he is just alternative and can be used in both, trained in huang di and also used in IA. The Hai dao has similaritys to the tiger and hac tao.

#121 Zerooness, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Maksimas likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Oh right, that did happen.

Ech, must be my very narrow play style why I keep forgetting any potential new stuff ideas. T:

3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Well summed. You missed Haqq btw ;)

His comment is well backed by humble me. Infinity is - surprisingly - well balanced game relatively to other wargames.

YJ got knocked off from its stilts called JSA, and boy it did hurt at the first time. It made me recess the game frankly.

I'll call it natural when a faction lose 1/3 its units and stumble on the actual gaming. Our stilts are rebuilding, though, and we did got some really interesting profiles like Daoying (I bet you guys cannot deny that gal's awesome!), Haidao Sniper, Mowang, and personally, Zhencha.

IA gave us six (and seven, if you count Krit) new profiles. If CB gives WB just like that, I'll be one happy man.

P.S) Go go IA

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're cutting some of the quotes off before you should and I think one or two of them are in the wrong order to actually make sense.

1. You are joking, but I wouldn't put it past them to release a new Yu Jing REM. I doubt it'll be an AD REM, however, we might be seeing Guijia get AD4 as is on theme with the Outrage narrative. Whether this propagates to IA, well... that's many ifs.

2. You missed (something something white face something). Hac Tao is apparently painted in WB colours. It's also an old unit and White Banner is meant to be the old style Yu Jing units. I'd say AVA 2 is more likely than AVA 0.

3. That will have to stand for you and you alone. There is little need for a shooter SK unit like the Zhencha between Guilang and Daofei, and that sort of overlap is what you typically see in vanilla.

4. Start by reading what you quote before you reply. That still qualifies as fairly uncommon and I'm fairly certain that the NA2 sectorials qualify as NA2 sectorials. (Now, please don't take my dry irony as being too harshly meant) Both you and Gray seem to be cherrypicking IA units to make an all-star sectorial while there's plenty of space left for more tailored units than what we have for other sectorials. Yu Jing, being one of the major sectorials, is also a gold mine in terms of generating revenue in the future so recycling units make no financial sense, either. While there's plenty of units to release models for, you still need to have at the very least 4 units in the starter that haven't been released yet and between the very recent Tigers and Zhanshi, it's fairly tight getting up to both an Operation box and its Beyond companion since we're basically in agreement that an Operation Frozen Monkey is both likely and wanted.

5. Okay, sure. We'll see the actual final tally in a few years. I wouldn't put too much money on the number of HI, however.

6. Maybe. I'm not sure. But let's for arguments sake say we get Totally Not Kaplans. I'd say TNK qualifies as a beatstick. Yu Jing is missing what's essentially ARO pieces, Raiden is one of the older pieces and were entirely scrapped/remade into Ryuken with Uprising. I'd say a unit like Raiden has a place. A unit like TNK has a place. In addition, we'll also be looking at what's essentially a new book of new abilities, so I'd expect one or two completely impossible to predict abilities to show up. And then there's the complete absence of an info war regiment in Yu Jing (and Pan-O) which is another potential slot that could be filled.
    Huuuuge opportunities for a sectorial with very little overlap with IA and plenty of design space left behind by JSA and the fact that Yu Jing is underdeveloped for being the second largest and second most important faction in the setting.

Look at it this way: more toys. Let's hope for more toys.

SKOZZOKONZ and Maksimas like this.
  5. Maksimas

I have no doubt there'll be new toys.

There's just me being very skeptical on how some of those new toys people want probably have as much chance to happen as Kuang Shi becoming regular and AVA Total in all of our sectorials: an actual competent ARO pressence.

That, and I genuinely lack the creative thinking to think of anything new they could possibly concoct.

I wouldn't say I'm cherry picking, since only IA unit ( Beyond the obvious Zhanshi. ) I'd expect in WB is the Zhencha.
    Both because it'd make sense and for the aforementioned ''Leaving enough space for new stuff.''
    A slot for an old thing is a slot that can't house a new thing.

6. Mahtamori

Has anyone mentioned a Tiger character yet? I know it might be a touchy subject, but...

7. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

i was also thinking that it could be a *high WIP" and hacker like sectorial because they are fighting against pano and it would be a wastet opportunity to posses the jotum :D

8. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

btw if anybody of you goes to adepticon dont forget to ask in the Q&A about WB ^^

9. Mahtamori

I don't actually argue for high WIP at all. The ability is what's important, not the actual WIP stat and I fully expect 13 to continue to be the norm in Huang Di.

10. Maksimas

Agreed
    Just look at Bao Troops
    Nice WIP
    Only one profile made to even somewhat use it T:

Mahtamori likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can understand why they didn’t put Tigers and Daofei into IA. If they had, what would have been left for White Banner. Guilang, Shaolin. There just wouldn’t be enough things in WB to be unique and to make up for it they would have to create a lot more than what’s still needed. Also, they had created the Liu Xing and Zhencha, good or not, that made them redundant.

As I showed earlier (above), with Uprising YJ lost 14 different troops (including characters). With the IA we gained only 8. Hopefully we get back some of the light and medium troops. Something to replace Oniwaban, I wouldn’t mind some more heavy to replace Domaru and Haramaki but they would need to be pretty different from both them and Zyuong to be interesting. Both were and still are, Tanko in this case, are close quarters brawlers.

I’d love to see a new variant of the Su-Jian to replace the Karakuri. Maybe a smaller-lighter one Size 3 or 4, ARM 3 or 4, with Multi-terrain and/or Climbing Plus. Maybe Multi-rifle, Boarding Shotgun, Chain Rifle, medium to short range weapons.

12. Mahtamori

They should make all Yu Jing S5 into Ghost Remote Presence. For symmetry and coolness factor.

In either case, an Oniwaban "replacement" isn't necessary, but could have been the Hulang if the CC prowess was exchanged for Superior Infiltration and TO camo. It would've made it run even more expensive, but it would've been a different take on the assassin genre by putting a brawler at point blank instead of a melee unit.

13. Maksimas

Dunno how on topic this is, but... question: didn't we find out with the 3rd Offensive that, in fact, Yu Jings Navy has troops on the ground in some form as well, or at least ''unique'' to them ( Since isn't the Haidao actually a naval HI who's just on lease to IA...? ).
    It's the only lead we'd have beyond WB for a sectorial, honestly. T:

Would be kind of odd to have lost 14 units only to get equivalents placed back in their place. Calls into question the entire reasoning of why take them away only for the new replacement stuff to just be altered stuff of what was taken away.

Would be cool if instead of equivalent replacements we'd get some new stuff that isn't the equivalent of ''Here's your replacement Domarus, Haramakis, Oniwabans and Karakuris etc.''
    Except for new bikers, that gets a pass since it'd be, by virtue of being our only biker, a unique thing for us. T:

Space Ranger and Mahtamori like this.
  14. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

...A sectorial rocking a Haidao core would be pretty cool, actually.

15. Mahtamori

@Maksimas There's loads of other banners without needing to go into the "tiny" army structures that are the Navy's boots on the ground :)

I'd be happy to see Haidao become a staple support unit, though.

16. Maksimas

You say that, but it'd be rather odd if we end up having an Orange Banner Army, a Blue Banner Army, maybe even a Torquise Banner Army...

Call in the fleet with some proper marines-

17. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

like the guija? "unique"

18. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

but i'd love to see a new take on yujing. They made room for alot of different playstyles. Making the jack-of-all-trades theme even more present

19. Maksimas

Yeah
    Doesn't mean we gotta get 1:1 replacements now

Like, do we REALLY need the Oniwaban back as the Sup Infil dude?
    Why not maybe get, IDK... lets say... an Inferior Impersonation unit instead?

Space Ranger likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Good points and I agree. It would be a bit boring to replace with the same thing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation