1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing White Banner Army

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zerooness, May 6, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Oh I know. They would need to change Shaolin for sure. Which I'd like. My thought for them is to make the Irregular+Tactical Awareness. TA instead of Impetuous. To make them a link team they would need some other sort of tweek, like the special Hulong having a level of Inspiring Leadership, making whatever fireteam he is in, Regular.

2. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Do the Operation boxes get rotated out like the army boxes do? If they do Icestorm could rotate out and new PO/YJ box could take it's place.

3. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

They haven't yet, but they will presumably at some point (they did mention they'd like to do Svalarheima/White Banner as a 2 player box).

4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I hope that doesn't happen too soon.

I'd still like to be able to grab the entirety of Icestorm still.

5. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Unless the one this year has a faction from one of the previous ones, I imagine it'll be a while before they phase one out. If they did YJ vs PanO, I imagine both Icestorm and Red Veil would go, and RV is 2 years younger than Icestorm.

Maksimas likes this.
  6. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

Have you a source to state your statement that they mentioned it? i know its likely but pls tell me where you saw it.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It was in one of the Q&A sessions at a convention, but I couldn't tell you if it was at GenCon, AdeptiCon, or even Interplanetario.

It certainly makes sense thematically, and would even allow an expansion/update of the hostile environment rules for extreme cold etc.

chaos11 and Zerooness like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

It was at a q and a at gencon last year

Section9 and Zerooness like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think Carlos said it again at Adepticon too.

chaos11 and Section9 like this.
  10. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

I'm hoping for the same, been saying that for some time as well. Would love a dragon transformer TAG.

Lets see a foo dog hunter/killer REM.

I'd also like a Robotech Cyclone HI bike (shoulda been with IA).

A cheap camo unit, in the 20 point range.

Henshini likes this.
  11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

That's what a Ruishi is.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

Close combat focused. Rui Shi definitely is not that. I should have been clear.

13. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Both Lu Duan and Rui Shi are named after those dog/lion things respectively.

I doubt we'll see a CC based REM any time soon. Yu Jing just isn't a CC-focused army. We pay the tax for it, but we're not remotely near the top of the pile for it, and it's hardly an element of our identity anymore.

the huanglong likes this.
  14. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Maybe they'll address this problem in N4 by either removing cc bonus and decreasing costs or by making our cc relevant again.

HANGMAN likes this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Almost all REMs are decent at CC and the non-martial artist in Yu Jing best at CC is the Zhanying. They all roll 7, which might sound like an average result for a CC15 trooper, but they won't ever miss and they also prevent opponents from increasing their CC or PH through Martial Arts, etc, plus 2-turn duration IMM is pretty damned harsh. I'd put them on a level roughly on par with a Shang-Ji, tbh, and absolutely worth while getting into melee as a reliable delaying tactic.

16. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Electric Pulse tarpits are definitely useful tools, but it's still not something you could consider a CC specialization. Moreover, most of these are freely accessible to most factions as it is, it's not like it does anything to make Yu Jing uniquely competent in CC.

Although Zhanying are just freaking cool in general.

17. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

After listening to Carlos's reply to a question about the CC tax in the cancon video. I dont think so.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You mean the one where he was asked what it'd take to reduce Zhanshi's by 1 point without elaborating on the CC value at all and he completely evaded the question?

I wouldn't read anything into it at all. If anything, I got the impression that they've got something else planned (that might directly or indirectly affect Zhanshi) and he would be caught dead than give it away.

Azuset likes this.
  19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Pretty likely they'll overhaul a lot of the point formula to address issues.
    +1 CC =10% price increase for Linetroopers, basic HI underperforming, basic MI underperforming, Warbands/Smoke/DTW&SMG as main armament too good, Skills/Equipment being too good/bad...
    A lot of that can be improved on by simply changing the pricetags for basic statlines and increasing the cost of synergetic addons to them. The Hac Tao is probably priced correctly but the Shang Ji should be cheaper. The Zanshi as an Order Monkey should probably remain 11 points (or maybe even 12), but should get more useful stat budget or an extra piece of gear to make up for it rather than +1 CC.
    CB seems to agree on baseline MI being bad and I really hope they're not trying to fix it in any way similar to FD1. A fix like that mostly makes the already good ones better and keeps the mediocre mediocre.

#239 Teslarod, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    inane.imp and Mahtamori like this.
  20. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Fur coat Zhanshi when?

Stuffist likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation