1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing vs. Alpha Strikers

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I recently found how good a Zhanying Lt. can be when you know you are going up against camo Lt. killers.
    Sensor in great active but still pretty good in ARO giving a +6 to discover camo (wish it worked on impersonators). The biggest thing for me though was the Sixth Sense and Para -6 CCW. The Zhanying at least has an OK CC18. Then, a lot of them are a somewhat low PH against the PARA. It's still not great against CC23 troops but it's better than other cheaper Lt. that have lower CC. Camo is probably still the best option but it's not bad.

2. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Yeah, they also work pretty well functioning as a bodyguard in a Zhanying haris with a Hsien LT. I had one taser a Rasyat, which pretty much saved my bacon.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'd more likely use it in ISS but it's not too bad in vanilla for specific missions that try to kill the Lt.

4. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

If they're gunning for your LT you're probably always better off with either a two wound HI lieutenant or a Daoying, depending on what sectorial you're taking. Especially if it's decap and your LT choice is open information... Zhanying are pretty squishy even if they're surprisingly resourceful.

csjarrat likes this.
  5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, daoying in camo state with lt2 is just too fricking good an option. Kinda makes all other lt options look rubbish in comparison because camo state is so darn useful at preventing or slowing down assassination

6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

One thing that came to mind during our last game: What is your opinion on allowing Surprise Attack use in the reactive turn?
    The restriction to active turn seems to be unintuitive to many new players anyway and it might help people deal with overpowering alpha strikes.

It would also open some new design space for defensive unit concepts and maybe even make the Ayyar more viable :P

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll do much to make holoecho valuable beyond as a mine defuser and Fiday foiler, but I think as a suggestion it us oddly more meritorious in N4 than it was before.
    That said, not sure how I feel about buffing camo spam

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Given the amount of aggression that comes out of things with sixth sense these days, functionally wouldn't do that much.

Even if it did work it'd be a buff in the majority of cases for a unit type (Camo) that needs the least amount of buffing in the game.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation