1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing ITS14

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I thought it would be good to have a discussion on the new ITS season and how Yu Jing can take advantage of some rules.

This season again there are some Terrain rules. Mountain has been change to Zero-G. Yu Jing has many terrain (total) troops. This season those with Total or ZG will either gain +1" movement or Super Jump! So these troops will benefit a lot by this! I don't think I need to explain the significance of the Blue Wolf and Shang Ji gaining Super Jump in some missions :grimacing:.

BEASTHUNTERS (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage, Forward Deployment [+8"]) Heavy Flamethrower, Panzerfaust, AP Mines / EXP CC Weapon(+1B), Pistol. (0 | 17)
    KNAUF MULTI Sniper Rifle / AP Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    MAJOR LUNAH VIRAL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 29)
    TIAN GǑU FTO Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Jammer / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    HAWKWOOD K1 Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser(+1B) / MULTI Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 41)
    TIGER SOLDIER Combi Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    YĚ MĀO MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    DÀOFĚI Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    MÓWÁNG MULTI Rifle, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 41)
    SHÀNG JÍ MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 54)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    BLUE WOLF AP Spitfire, Heavy Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 71)
    [​IMG] BLUE WOLF PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    KǍNRÈN Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    KUNAI NINJA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 34)
    NINJA Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26)

In some missions the EVO Remote can gain an extra order for the pool it's in! Finally a reason to take them! lol. So this combined with our TA and NCO's we will have plenty of orders to go around.

The FO REM gains TacAware and Marksmanship, and ECM -3 Hacking. Pretty cool I think. (Beware the ones that have Climb+!) In vanilla I think a REM Racer could be a big benefit to it as well. Either adding BS or just Damage would be good.

Another fun year I think! Anyone else see things we can take advantage of?

burlesford and Chaserabinov like this.
  2. Absolute_Maniac

Low Gravity will give our Shang Ji the ability to perform jump shots, while not as oppressive as prior editions and with the fireteams it definitely gives Shang Jisus a couple of different engagement options while keeping his Zhanshi buddies safe.

3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

8" Super-Jump on the Su-Jian... WOW, that is cool! And with Climbing Plus at the end of that jump... really cinematic Shinobi-lion stuff there.

Space Ranger likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

With WB and IA you can then have a team of Bixie and SJ all super jumping 6-2!

Also, think about super jump Doafei!

The missions with+1" on first move is not bad either.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Super-Jump Haidao could be legit one of few times I might find a use for jump-attacks

6. Space Ranger

Seems good for the Engineer or KHD to get where he needs to go but not bad for the sniper to get into better position.

7. Mahtamori

Jumping being what it is, I do not consider it possible to use it for traversal without breaking the rules on a 4-4 unit. Even with an Entire Order Super-jump you'll typically not get better traversal than you get from a regular old Climb. There are some cases where it can be used for traversal on 6-2 units like Shang-Ji, but it's a PITA getting them in a position where it's possible.

That aside, I'm primarily talking about deploying the Haidao sniper in a corner spot where ordinarily the terrain would make somewhat awkward to gain shooting angles from and then jumping up to look over a wall or similar to make use of the superior range.

Willen likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

So far I've been liking the new ITS. Especially in ones were my Terrain Total guys gain Super Jump. Primarily the Blue Wolf and Shang Ji. I want to also try it with a Daofei. I can see how some might mistake him for a beasthunter because right now it's the only camo+super jump in Yu Jing.

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Keep in mind on those maps where units get super jump they're also sometimes getting +1" to their movement.

10. Mahtamori

1. It doesn't really matter. Parabolic trajectories eat far too much movement and setup in the order ahead of it that is contrary to best practice in Infinity. The only way to jump is to not do it according to the rules.
    2. The No Gravity missions give +1 MOV on the Move short skill, not Jump. The Low Gravity missions give Super-Jump to Terrain Total or Terrain Zero-G. No Gravity, Low Gravity, and Decompression are all mutually exclusive.

Jumara likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation