1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Yeah, I have to agree. I know the whole YJ QQ has become somewhat of a meme, but it's largely misplaced nowadays.

2. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Thank you!.. Your words help in dark moments ...

I guess, I am just getting mad and a little depressive without games.
    And I am waiting for lots of boxes of IA. They are stuck in nearest city at the post.

So, sorry for troubles)

Paegis likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For the most part I've felt positive about YJ in N4 so far. I actually think ISS is fine but WB needs work. Vanilla and IA are not bad.

The good
    The changes to Krit, Hulang, Shang Ji, Liu Xing are very good.
    Blue Wolf and Guijia are pretty good.

The bad
    Zhanshi are still to expensive for what they do but I can live with it.
    I find WB to be the most restrictive as far as fireteams are. Zhanshi AVA4. Only two core teams. Jujak are too restricted. And doesn't' help there's no or few figures.
    I'm still not happy with the HI with 1W+NWI but it's not horrible.

Daireann likes this.
  4. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I like lots of chain of command and other things, that helps Yu Jing to continue fight whatever the reason.
    That was the main reason, that helped me to choose faction.
    I also like factions with good endurance. Could we say this about Yu Jing?

5. Space Ranger

Are you asking YJ in general? If you take HI, yes it's pretty rugged. But I've seen Haqq doctors heal up their HI as if they were just taking a nap, and Hollow Men put into double unconscious only to have their WIP15 ENG bring them back up.

6. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Sorry, couldnt help myself ;)

7. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Made me wanna watch that move again :)

Dragonstriker and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  8. Space Ranger

How can you play Infinity and NOT watch Blade Runner? Right?

Seriously though, YJ is better in N4 overall, but then I think other factions got boosts too. YJ can be tough but so can others. YJ just has more variety of HI to do it. Playing against certain factions with certain missions, you can know what they are going to bring.

Hecaton and Chaserabinov like this.
  9. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

I agree, I also like the changes to our faction in N4. Those Hollowmen with their two unconcious states do hurt, dough ;). On the other hand their fluff is amazing imho.

10. Space Ranger

But that's kinda what I was talking about. They are really good and taken very often by players. If we know we are playing them, we can plan accordingly. I might take a Hulang against them for instance. They don't have MSV, not good in CC, they don't dodge very well too. The Hulang can dice them up with Mono, throw E/M Grenades, Koalas might cause a dent too. I'd might be able to do similar with Kanren as well.

Willen and Chaserabinov like this.
  11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It's bothering me how much better Shang Ji is then Yanhuo at Yanhuo shit. Also the seeming lack of any theme to the recent shang ji buffs.

Suggestion:
    Shang Ji lose unexplained AP and Shock on BS attacks/weapons, terrain:total, get BS14.

All Yanhuo get tactical awareness on all profiles.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Agreed on the BS increase and the ammo. Feels odd how premium they are at such low BS. Do think it'll mandate a tiny price hike, though, and terrain skill I find appropriate especially when it never impacts points. Should also be upped to Elite or Veteran type rather than Line Trooper, IMO.

Can't really argue with the Yan Huo. TacAware will magically make them better. Still would rather see them be exciting than having the Fix of the Edition (with that I mean the reshuffle of skills; Neurocinetics on MHMG and Double Shot on Missile Launcher with Fireteam skills removed or reduced to Duo only).

13. the huanglong

Sure, everything is better with Tactical awareness but it worked to fix many tags and Yanhuo are now in the position the Guijia used to be, big and dumb, only this time with no speed.

Personally I think they should go Crazy and let all Yanhuo link, and delete the MHMG profile before someone actually wastes money and effort making one. And still give it tactical awareness.

Other ideas would be making Yanhuo missile Total reaction instead of Neuro, and giving it Sixith Sense so it doesn't crumple to the most elementary anti ARO trick there is, without becoming the offensive answer to literally everything.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Still needs courage so he stops ducking and then asking "Hey, who shit in my power armour again?" after getting hit by a flash pulse.

the huanglong likes this.
  15. the huanglong

It's hard work being the justification for guts mechanic to exist.

16. Mahtamori

Double Shot is effectively the same as Total Reaction, except the minor technicality of that remember box telling us +1B in brackets can't be used in reactive.

Considering how both the Yan Huo and Az'rail are explained, IMO both should be disallowed Guts Roll completely.

Willen likes this.
  17. the huanglong

It's really a big mess that exists for the sole purpose of keeping a 45 pt missile launcher burst 1 in the active turn. Would it break the game if it fired 2 missiles in both active and reactive?

18. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Doubleshot would make it B2 in active too

19. the huanglong

What's double shot?

20. Mahtamori

Trait that only Mine Dispensers have atm. Gives +1 burst.

the huanglong likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation