1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu jing and Dahshat by Swissmade

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by swissmade, Nov 23, 2017.

1. swissmade

swissmade Well-Known Member

Jep, combination of small Yu JIng Orange parts and Haq. green, combined with a warm Camo. The Camo was the first thing which was fixed (or the reason for the Project ;-)).

Somebody an idea, how i can make those Handy pictures smaller for the forum (I post them over Imgur).

2. swissmade

The next Dahshat miniature just finished. On the Pictures i saw that i did a mess with the varnish. Probably i shaked not enough, first time this happens to me. That just realy annoys me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#22 swissmade, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  3. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so the green man army
    so what happend with Varnish ??
    did you get a "snow" effect or instade of mar you get glossy or Satyn ?

4. swissmade

If you zoom in the photos, you see that the varnisch did dry strange on the surface. Now the model has a little rough surface. Worked a little bit with the light, that you don't see it so much. Probably it's the snow effect you mentioned?

5. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Also known as frosting or clouding. If it disappears when putting water over it, it probably can be fixed with a coat of gloss medium or varnish, then apply matt again. If it remains, it means it is below the surface.

swissmade and jherazob like this.
  6. swissmade

How does it come to the frosting. Used a satin varnish spraycan, i had good results till now.

7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Here's a video about this including the fix described by @Mob of Blondes :

8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Matte is commonly achieved by adding matting agents, things that cause the product to dry with a "rough" surface. If they add less quantity, it stops at satin level. Frosting happens when the agents do not spread correctly, or worse, bubbles form due to contamination (so even gloss can go wrong). Sprays can catch dust in the air, or not form the right drops (wrong size, dry) due to temperature or humidity in the air, and when the prodcut lands it forms the bad coat that looks "frosted".

swissmade and jherazob like this.
  9. swissmade

A little Teaser from my next project. It's my first attempt to nmm-gold. I'm playing with the idea to switch from the yellow green highlight to a fluo yellow. Or to switch completely to fluo green-fluo yellow. Anyone tried this already?

[​IMG]

10. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

I like how you have the extremes - scifi cyber punk neon green to realistic military camo olive green.

swissmade likes this.
  11. swissmade

It's time to post the finished Crane. Took a while to finish it. A switched to a fluo yellow for the highlights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oni, Croepoek, Modock and 10 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation