1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Can All Stop Speculating - Here's What's Happening in 2019

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

Corvus Belli announces a move toward plastic at the same time they announce a platoon-level skirmish game based around front line conflicts as the Cold War in the sphere goes hot. To facilitate this, Nemesis re-appears just as the Acheron blockade falls apart. The CA are now on the back foot and can't bring their full ire against the Sphere (while providing a new antagonist faction for all). The Sphere in general is looking for someone to blame for Paradiso's fall and conflict escalates.

The first release is a 2-player box outlining the conflict on Svalarheima between Yu Jing's White Banner and PanO's Sval regular forces. This will coincide with the Acheron Falls release for Infinity in which the remaining sectorials are outlined.

*bows*

You can thank me all later for this hot take and insider scoop.

*eyes roll back in to head, begins to speak with the voice of another*

Oh, and Acontecimiento blows up for some reason, the Military Orders rebel and join Bakunin (and thus become S&M themed), Corregidor goes to make its own stellar empire (with blackjack and hookers!), Aleph gains a split personality due to Nomad meddling and its sectorials splinter in to two separate forces (with the various Sphere nations backing one or the other), Ariadna loses the Americans in an incident with too much booze and a sepsitor but gains the Shasvastii as they defect from the CA, the Tohaa ascend leaving only symbiomates which become a whole army, and the ISS split from Yu Jing due to the heinous warcrimes the ISS perpetrated (they simply can't back a nation in good conscience that would let them do such things). Ikari company tents its fingers and silently mutters "just as planned" before telling Shinji to get in the TAG.

Finally, the Word of Blake comes out of fucking nowhere with an army of giant mechs and steamrolls everyone. The universe implodes and a British gentleman in an officer's uniform tells everyone to stop, because we're being silly...

*cough*

Rizzy, Leviathan, Shoitaan and 5 others like this.
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Nemesis?
    [​IMG]

3. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

10/10 Would play

herod1204, Shoitaan and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

In all seriousness, one of the reasons I'm so keen on Nemesis "coming back" is because as the setting is written, the stakes are very low for the EI itself. Sure, the Combined Army personnel who were sent through the Acheron wormhole are in a "do or die" situation, but for the EI, if attacking the Human Sphere doesn't work out... eh, try again someday or attack someone else.

As a Combined Army player, that's boring. My faction should have more skin in the game. Having Nemesis re-appear as a faction (or introducing another faction that could challenge the Ur Hegemony as a whole) adds stakes to the story.

The alternative, I suppose, would be to have the Combined Army elements in the Human Sphere cut off from the larger galactic EI network, so they were on an approximately even footing with the Human Sphere, and focus on just them.

Durandal, DukeofEarl and Berjiz like this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

A general points rebalance for later this year is a misrepresentation of what Bostria said in that seminar, which was (when asked whether troops would be updated profiles like the Raicho did) he said that when Army gets an update later this year with new Sectorals and such, some troops may get some changes to their profile.

We literally might just see Varuna, TAK and Operations adding to the Army Builder with some troops in Vanilla that are part of those Sectorals getting some new profiles, and nothing else. Anything more than that is purely speculation.

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

You know, A closing of wormholes again could have that "Cosmic" implication that Bostria alluded too...

Hecaton likes this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I reckon MOAR WORMHOLEZ is more likely than less, tbh...

8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Why not both?

"The good news is the wormhole to the Ur-hedgemony has closed! The Combined Menace is not a threat for the moment!"
    "And the bad news?"
    "...There are seventeen new wormholes and ten of them lead to a place where there are militant nazi horse aliens that hate things with two legs."
    "That's bad."
    "They're all S4 though so they're kind of goofy looking and easy to shoot. Anyway, six of them lead to Tohaa territory."
    "Not bad."
    "The last one leads to NeoTerra from here."
    "OH NO, MY MOTHER IN LAW CAN GET A DIRECT FLIGHT NOW!"

#48 Del S, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I reckon a wormhole to a Tohaa planet which is being invaded by the CA would be cool, where the Sphere cruises in to help. Kind of like a reverse Tohaa situation, and it changes the dynamic when the major new warzone is on an alien world controlled by (ostensibly) alien allies. Would make the Tohaa feel much more involved, and less just, you know, hanging around.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Aside from the Tohaa having dropped the CA on humanity's feet to ease the pressure it was making on them, that is... It would be great, anyway, if anything for the variables on scenography (more alien tables, with alien constructions), and because it gives humanity the chance to discover the truth :p

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I am still really hoping for a significant 'correction', but since me no habla Espanol...

I really hope not.

Also, we'd have to see at least two wormholes close in order to completely close off a system, as all the existing wormhole networks form loops. (Minor grumble: wormhole networks can't actually work that way unless the lightspeed distance through the wormhole loop is at least as long as the lightspeed distance outside it. Otherwise you get into time travel issues like arriving before you leave. You need some kind of tree diagram for your fully-physics-compliant wormhole network to not blow up. Thanks a fucking lot, Einstein!)

lolololololololol!!!

I'm kinda hoping that we get another Wormhole or two. A route to a Tohaa planet under siege from the EI would be nice from a scenic POV. New Tohaa terrain and maybe more Exalted species. Not bad from a story POV, either, but we know that the Tohaa can make new wormholes and redirect existing wormholes. So the Tohaa actually deliberately opening up a new wormhole is highly unlikely from a metaplot level.

Not to mention that the Human Sphere would need to add Paradiso-level security to wherever the other end of that Tohaa route opens up, being one jump from an EI fleet...

Berjiz and xagroth like this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Correction: the "novus ordum Tohaa / Tohaa Cerberus" extracted the tech to redirect wormhole gates from a Digestor, who poisoned the "unvolunteered gift" into destabilizing the wormhole and close it after a single use ;)

Section9, Abrilete and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Also, most of the info and tech obtained by the Triunvirate was lost because the humans in Paradiso decided to end the experiments in a blaze of glory.

xagroth likes this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<recovered video feed from crashed human ship on Paradiso>

15. Section9

Still means they could redirect and/or close other wormholes. If I knew that it would destabilize and close a wormhole, I'd totally weaponize that! Jump into an EI-held Tohaa system and crash the wormhole(s) leading to EI space, then just clean up the EI in the system.

xagroth likes this.
  16. Section9

Well, when Human Sphere first came out and sectorials became a thing, we knew that every faction was going to get 4ish, PanO was going to get 5 due to Military Orders.

The different sectorials we've been aware of:
    • PanO: Acon, Varuna, NCA, and Military Orders. Yes, we're short one here. Edit: somehow forgot about Svalarheima! [ /edit ]
    • YJ: Imperial Service, JSA (yeah, I know), White Banner, Invincible Army. We're also now short one sectorial here.
    • Ariadna: Kazaks, Merovingians, Caledonia, and USAriadna.
    • Haqq: Hassassin (Persian), QK (Turkish, IIRC), Ramah Task Force (Arab), and the Kum (central Asian)
    • Nomads: Corregidor, Bakunin, Tunguska, and Black Hand.
    • Combined: Morats, Shasvasti, EI/Ur, and apparently Onyx.
    • Aleph: always going to be small, just the Greeks (Assault Subsection/Steel Phalanx) and the Vedic (Operations Subsection)
    • Tohaa: always going to be small, maybe not even have any sectorials
    There was significant speculation, based on the picture in Paradiso that showed an EI thing 'holding' a holo of Earth, that we were going to see Earth Bastion Armies for PanO and YJ. That would account for the 'missing' sectorials in the list. Edit: PanO's 'missing' sectorial is Svalarheima, but that doesn't mean Earth Bastion Armies won't be a thing. [ /edit ]

We actually have all 4 Ariadnan sectorials released, though Merovingia is in redevelopment hell. Releasing Merovingia against the Kum would be interesting, they have some features in common (high mobility/rapid deployment).

We may not see Black Hand, since that seems to have gotten eaten by Tunguska. Or maybe Black Hand is actually StarCo. *shrug* It's not like the Nomads really need a fourth sectorial (except for fairness/parity with the others), I can't really see what the unique focus would be.

Shas are in redevelopment hell with the Merovingians, and we could also see a re-introduction of the Exrah in place of the EI/Ur. There were only 4 Exrah profiles originally released (Combat-Jumping Iskallers, MSV2 Superjumping Vector-Operators, 360+Xvisor zero gee superjumping Void Operators, and the Caskuda AD TAG), but there were also only 4 Morat profiles and 3 Shas profiles.

I don't see a third sectorial for Aleph happening. I mean, yeah, they went with Hebrew names for the Rebots, but how would you expand that? Dakini and Garuda are already REM troopers, and they're in the Vedic/Ops Subsection.

I could see Tohaa getting the Illuminati/Triumvirate(?) as a sectorial, maybe as a setup for a Tohaa civil war. Could also see an entire Exalted sectorial, no Tohaa at all.

I'm hoping that the Change to the Way We Play Infinity is a better campaign system.

Paradiso missions were terrible.

I do NOT expect CB to shift Infinity minis to plastic, the Aristeia! plastics are good for cheapass board game minis, but distinctly not up to the standards of CB's metal minis.

That is probably me hoping way too much, guys, sorry.

It would be a good time/place to do it, sure, but a rework of the points system is me wishlisting.

#56 Section9, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  17. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

PanO's final may be Svalarheima. YJ's Sval force is WB, so who knows what their additional(s) may be?

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Starting to think an Ur force is a pipe dream - like, its essentially just the mainline army of the CA right? - so some sort of "raiding cavalry" style force (ie. something that can sneak/blitz past the blockades) along the same lines as OCF but with a different mixture of racial units - including different sygmaa and even exrah options - might be more of a thing.

re: exrah coming back, i think at first it would be in the form of a Merc unit.

re: Nemesis... would love to see. Also think it would initially be in the form of a couple of mercenary agents that can side with the human factions.

#58 Leviathan, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Isn't the latest word on Shas to expect them next year (late-ish), either for release or information drop?

20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Weren't Bostria heavily stressing out that 2019 is a year of alien, and ITS season 10 miniature also clearly stating Shasvastii will be getting redo?

n21lv likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation