1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another thread, how mayby make Teutons to work?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Id throw in nbw or just plain stealth but other than that perfect.

At impetuous and bs 13. Wed be talking upper 20s or very low 30s for points by my count. After all the smg tanko is 23 points, at bs 13 ma 2 cc 22. So im assuming like 28 or so ?

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Low 30's should be good. I'd be against adding Stealth to prevent it from being too well rounded. This way it can't waltz through Repeater nets like other knights can, but you can still try the brute force approach thanks to BTS 6.

The idea is to have a homing missile that can pave way for other units. No fancy stuff, just a lot of fire weaponry. Makes sense for a jungle fighters.

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not see anything problematic with people saying their ideas, if people want to discuss it please do it politely.

I do not see why someone needs to be excessively aggressive in been negative about it.

4. Mikes

Mikes Well-Known Member

Teutons are one the models that got me into Infinity, so I'oving the attention theyret getting from the community. Hopefully someone from CBis paying attention.

Ixidro likes this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I mean, I like the core concept.

I would ditch the AP aspect from the weapons and the Strategos from the Lt up front, both are going to create blowback for little to no benefit to the core argument about making the Teuton into a "warband +".

I'm of a different mindset to the people who think this will overshadow the Magister, because I think this will instead compliment the Magister and enable them to be used outside of links.

The one key thing I'd do would be to ditch the EXP CCW off one and give it just an AP CCW, but then give that one profile EclipseGrenades at no SWC. This creates an important choice, and interesting interplay between the LGL option and the Eclipse Grenade option alongside the cheaper choice with neither.

#45 AdmiralJCJF, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    barakiel and Stiopa like this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Shouldn't that be KotHS niche then ? (long range support with one odd (not ODD) profile for CQB?)

7. Stiopa

I envision Sepulchre exactly like that, a heavy fire support order. Spitfire, Feuerbach, Multi Marksman, HRL, all four with a Nanopulser. Instant awesomeness.

Skoll likes this.
  8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Replace holo with odd in sepulcher for an instantly better gun fighter.

9. Stiopa

This is how I see it. There's a lot of fun to have with Sepulchre, when you're disguising him as a Fusilier/OS/Machinist/Regular Minelayer with Croc Man doing his best to look like a nearby mine...

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So like worse Swiss ? What for ? That's the whole point. We are trying hard here to be creative ;(

Keyrott likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Thats a hilariously expensive prank :P

Plus it doesn't work as opponent must know how many mines Regular have and you have to answer 3.

12. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

At which point downgrade him to lv 1 to at least get a point drop.

Holo 2 is currently a severely over costed skill with completely limited usability.

Hell with odd hed be not only a more competent gun fighter but also more likely to be able to reach melee.

But I'm more than happy for a complete rework. After all there is no justification for the sepulcher to even have holo 2.

Holo 2 was maybe worth its points when the enemy could pick the wrong echo and waste its aro, as of now its an ok mine clearing tool or a hell of a way to get blasted by a template if you arent careful

13. Stiopa

Yes, it's an expensive prank. Was even more expensive - and hilarious - in N2, when you could have a friggin' Cutter hidden as a mine.

A follow up trick is to deploy a real Regular minelayer without deploying any of his mines, but deploying one with Croc Man Minelayer. Hilarity ensues, as opponents either steer clear of the obvious trap, or waste orders trying to deal with this setup.

Expensive or no, it's a good way of tricking opponent into thinking that he know what you're up to. This kind of thing is more valuable than the points you're paying, and can win games. Look up a con known as "Kansas City Shuffle".

#53 Stiopa, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

@Stiopa pretending to be a Minelayer is straight up illegal and would be considered cheating.
    Remaining Mines of a model is Open Information and has to be actively relayed to your opponent.

For all purposes, Minelayer may as well be Open Information as it really only works if the guy using it has Camo, Holo or TO to go along with it - Skills that allow you to keep the whole trooper's Info Private/lie about it.

Again, that is not how it works.

As you say KothS can't pretend to have two Mines and you have to actively tell your opponent without him asking about it that he has 3 remaining if you disguise him as the Sensor Regular.

At best you can hope he'll be scratching his head why there is a Camo Marker in your DZ. At this point it's on him to know it could be any TO troop downgrading to Camo or a Croc Minelayer hanging all the way back in your DZ.

15. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Just the fact that they're AVA1 in Vanilla. If there were more of them, I'd use more of them! The shotgun is great when linked, but I find it pretty unreliable... Burst 2 on an Impetuous model can be troublesome, and so I like the notion that there's a backup direct template weapon to help. That's one reason why I like this brainstorming concept for the Teuton.

Bottom line though, the design space is there: make a heavy infantry warband. But with AVA1 Magisters for vanilla, or with Teutons, I feel like the design space stopped just when things were getting interesting.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. Teslarod

For Vanilla you can supplement them with Krakots. 1 Magister and 2 Krakots might be worth exploring. The Krakots can cover with Chainrifles/Dual SMGs and the Magister provides Mine/Perimeter clearing and scary 1 die "Daylami" potential.

Problem here is that the Krakots do it cheaper, have the DTW you want, Metachemistry for random fun and can cancel their Impetuous Orders at will.... so you simply take them and stop there :/

AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  17. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

A good change for knight AVA in generic would just be any combination of knights AVA 3. They do it for dog warriors in Ariadna so the basis is there.

18. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

ODD would be cheaper than TO. We should also get a Mimetism MSV2 HI (Nisse in power armor, yay!). Sad that the only way to make something good at shooting is BS MODs and Burst MODs, but all the Burst MODs sound weird with Pano. Like look, my Nisse has two HMG. Derp. Or my professional army dude is shooting on full auto like there's no tomorrow and bullets grow on trees. We should totally get Full Auto. It's fun.

19. Teslarod

Spitfire and CC.
    Swiss HMG doesn't like to be in 16, ODD Sepulchure would love it Still has Stealth to prevent Hacking and Lack of Frenzy + ODD is one of the better excuses to not ask for it to make him cheaper.

20. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Odd HI, elegant solutions for the civilized age.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation