1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yara in RTF

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I just picked up RTF after only playing HB & QK for a long time. Is there a reason Yara didn't get Strategic Deployment? Giving Mukhtars and extra 4 inches is not that big. There are a couple Heavy duos you can pull off in RTF, but nothing that sounds obscene.

2. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

At a very high-level I'd have to guess that since RTF has so many super soldiers that can fireteam that giving them a wild card that can give them all 4" FD would be problematic. So rather than figure out all the broken-link possibilities, or make Yara a non-wildcard, they just took away the potential to break links.

Urobros, Urist and Brokenwolf like this.
  3. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

I agree with OMC. Mukhtars are already the best units in RTF, so I think being afraid of buffing them could be a factor. A lot of our super soldiers (Mukhtar, Namurr, Khawarij) that like being in a Haris are short-ish range and would appreciate the FD a lot more than Hassassins. Also you could FD a Rafiq FTO or Fasid which would be really good. Or just meme with a forward deploying TAG like Maggie.

in RTF before the fireteam update, her most common use was being the main shooter for a ghulam core. Maybe they were afraid of the forward deploying self-sufficient smoke trick? Less likely than the super soldier thing, since technically Hassassins can do that, but they don't because they have nicer tricks.

4. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Man, I miss having Yara in my Ghulam links... MSV2 out to 24" (with plentiful smoke) was such a great tool
    Can still do it, but it's just a hard pill with all the other options (and Zhayaden getting full-link bonuses)...

5. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Am i wrong or mukhtar doesn't benefit from SD? Rules said that the SD and his/her ft can deploy as they have FD+4" so mukhtar cannot gain more inches.

6. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Correct, the fireteam games Forward Deployment 4", it doesn't give them 4" more.
    Indeed Yara would get NO FD if included in a Mukhtar fireteam and have to deploy normally (for RTF).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation