1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wuxia movement

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Damn, I forgot about that second mode of NBW in N3!

The problem is that the "ignores all opponent's CC Special Skills" rule does not apply if you use that second mode.

So, how about CC somewhere around 19-21 with NBW and MA3, so the max stack is CC25-27, equal to Neko's non-Berserk FtF attack. If you choose to negate the opponent's CC special skills instead of boosting your own CC stat, you're only CC22-24.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Absolutely, that's one way to do it, but I'd be more than happy with CC 21, NBW and MA1 on a HI with DA CCW. This makes the Wuxia on equal footing versus a Ninja (literally CC21 DA vs CC21 DA), but hitting significantly harder at PH 14 or 15. Then, when facing something with MA2 or lower (such as a TAG or an armoury door), you can be a CC24 monster hitting on PH 15 or 16. None of that is over the top, but would be a significant roadblock to any CC monster, ensuring a roughly equal risk to both involved while having a distinctly unique flair shared only with Ajax.

I mean, we're still talking about a CC monster with a Yu Jing flair, where the take on CC is "sufficiently great" is the key rather than JSA's "excellence or bust" and MO's is more like the slightly lower "sufficiently good". A proper Yu Jing HI would still carry a military grade assault rifle (most likely exotic) and potentially have the option for an SWC gun or hacking device on top of that. The key to whether it'd have that SWC gun as option is in delivery method. If the method is Shaolin smoke, then yea... ML and HMG as well as probably a KHD are all viable options. If the delivery method is Hyper-Dynamics, ODD, Mech Dep, and/or their own smoke, then SWC gun is probably out of the question.

3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, I would like to point out that at CC22 MA3 NBW you're looking at Musashi's equal in a duel scenario.

CC21 MA1 is what I would go with, if we need someone powerful.

4. Section9

Yeah, and?

That's above where we're aiming. My highest suggested CC stat was 21, remember? And CC19 is Hac Tao and Hsien level.

I assume there's still NBW in there?

=====

Though I also had a different idea, which would return YJ to being "the CC faction" across the board. I forget who said it first, but the suspicion is that Fusiliers are 10.4 points while Zanshi are 10.6. So the suggestion was to actually give the entire faction a full point's worth of CC score. This would most likely bring Zanshi up to about CC16 or 17, adding +2 or +3 to CC. Applied to the entire faction (and JSA), that gets a bit scary in places, I will admit. CC25 Pheasant and Crane?!? Guijia with CC22?!?! We don't even want to talk about Ninjas (CC26) or Shaolin (CC25).

5. Barrogh

Yeah, just a reminder.

On buffing entire faction: I think it was pointed out already that only zanshis and the like are probably victims to theoretical rounding error.

6. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

I support this movement.

7. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

I am in favor of option 2 (specialized short range weapons and no swc gun), option 1 would be overlap with the Crane.

8. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Yeah, I've thought NBW and MA would be fun together. I always toy with building a spec ops like that, before throwing it out as as stupid but fun idea. Ha.

9. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

Hmm, maybe?

Zhanshi is the most clear cut example, because they're so readily comparable to other factions' basic LI. The best showcase is the Nomad Alguacile, which is literally identical except for -1 CC and -1 point; Morat Vanguard Infantry have +2 Ph, Veteran L1 and Religious Troop for +3pts; hell, a Daylami HMG vs Zhanshi HMG, they have identical stats except for the Zhanshi's +1 CC and +0.5 SWC/+2 points.

When other units start to get compared, it gets muddied a lot because of extra weapons/gear/skills. I'm sure someone who has invested a lot more time into deciphering the pricing system would be able to provide some better insight though. Personally, my gut tells me that CB overvalues low end CC increases too much.

10. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, Corvus Belli prices CC by 1 point per 3 CC, rounded up.

Golem2God and Kallas like this.
  11. Barrogh

@Kallas
    But bumping everyone by 2-3 cc for free, even going 23->26 like @Section9 suggests will definitely not work.

12. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

There'd definitely need to be a cut off point (probably around CC18/19), but is it really a 'free' bump if they're already charged for it?

13. Barrogh

That's kinda the point, they have not charged everyone for 3 CC more than they have right now like it was suggested. I bet it's minority.

14. Section9

Quote possibly.

At the very least, the basic troops are paying (via rounding) for more CC skill than they have. I'm talking everyone that's below CC19, basically.

15. Barrogh

I'm afraid the burden of proof on every unit that you claim is lacking in CC compared to what it pays for it is on you...

Also.

To be honest though, that's way besides the point of the thread.

16. Section9

Since I'd have to reverse-engineer CB's points system and then share it on the forum (which we have been explicitly asked NOT TO DO), I'm not sure how to prove that to you.

All I can say is that the models that were CC17+ in N2 got at least a +3CC buff in N3.

Granted, but it illustrates that a blanket +2 or +3 CC to the entire faction isn't warranted.

17. Barrogh

I guess the value of CC itself was seriously looked at.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation